Requesting help : Living room or Dedicated HT room ?

jpmlore

Hi All,
I am planning to build a guest room on top of existing home. This gave me an idea of dedicated HT room. But I am unable to decide whether to go for a dedicated room or use the new living room for the HT purpose as the room dimension are tricky. I get to work from home a lot so i spend lot of time at home.

what i have currently:
Panasonic 50ST30D (in a hall sitting 14 feet away).
Egreat R300
Tatasky HD+
LG DVD player with USB support

Plan:
1.AVR for Movies atleast 7.1. may be ramp up to 7.2 and then 9.2 if room acoustics permit (will the dedicated HT room dimension permit this plan ?)
2. A projector if i go the separate HT room solely for movies as me and wife love Hollywood movies and US/UK action series (can this be put up in big living room and still have good acoustics with proper care?)
3. A good stereo setup for music (eclectic taste in music and ranges from indian instrumentals to hard rock [depending on mood and/or work pressure])
USB / network as source
4. BD player
5. DIY NAS
6. 10/100/1000 LAN

Legends:
Blue squares: pillars that cannot be moved!
the orange wall will not be built now (will use gypsum boards later on if decided to go for separate room).
the purple screen (color for representation only) will be installed 3-4 months after the construction is completed along with the orange wall

Dimension:

Entire space:
22' X 17' x 9.5

if divided into hall and HTRoom (please note absense of windows on north and east wall, rest of the door / window in the living room can be shifted with door compulsorily on east wall,windows can be added on north wall)
Hall : 17' X 10' X 9.5'
HTRoom : 17' x 12' x 9.5'

Please advice based on the layout below, Separate HT room solely for movies or living room with all the above?
thank you for your patience and time
thank you in advance...

Attachments

• Plan.jpg
    Plan.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 38
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back