Role call for Heavy Metal/Extreme Metal listeners...

Any of you guys making it to Bangalore Open Air this year? The lineup seems pretty bad ass so far! Dark Tranquility, Ihsahn, Leperous, Animals as Leaders and 2 more biggies to be announced!

So how many of you listen to Metal music here? And I'm talking about classic Metal like Priest, Maiden, Sabbath :D

What's that saying ...'There's no school like the old school'! Iron Maiden is boss for me. What can I say about proper Metal - when played, it has a strange way of escalating emotions in any situation. My French Bulldog is named Sabbath, due to his strange resemblance to a Bat (Die-hard Ozzy fans will get the reference)! AC/DC, Judas Priest, Deep Purple (Highway Star) are my other favourites.

Well since this is a congregation of metalheads, what gear do you guys use to enjoy this genre which we hold so dear?

What's that saying ...'There's no school like the old school'! Iron Maiden is boss for me. What can I say about proper Metal - when played, it has a strange way of escalating emotions in any situation. My French Bulldog is named Sabbath, due to his strange resemblance to a Bat (Die-hard Ozzy fans will get the reference)! AC/DC, Judas Priest, Deep Purple (Highway Star) are my other favourites.

Well since this is a congregation of metalheads, what gear do you guys use to enjoy this genre which we hold so dear?
Denon DRW 585 Tape Deck | Sansui PD- 30 TT |ONKYO TX-DS676 AMP | ONKYO DV-S555 CD+DVD Player | Sansui S-1000j Speakers | is what I am using at this end.

P.S: Does anybody collect Metal vinyls?

Hey Neeraj just like how you would associate with the NE, I had a wild guess and it turned out to be Bangalore... Yeah evanescence is categorised as rock/metal band, in their early days the industry recognised them as a goth band nonetheless i love their music :)

Denon DRW 585 Tape Deck | Sansui PD- 30 TT |ONKYO TX-DS676 AMP | ONKYO DV-S555 CD+DVD Player | Sansui S-1000j Speakers | is what I am using at this end.

Metal vinyl is usually in huge demand even in mature markets like the United States. People lap them up as soon as they are advertised. My personal collection includes Deep Purple records but I've stayed away from metal vinyl generally due to their pricing.

Metal vinyl is usually in huge demand even in mature markets like the United States. People lap them up as soon as they are advertised. My personal collection includes Deep Purple records but I've stayed away from metal vinyl generally due to their pricing.
Ive got about 40 Metal vinyls in my collection (7" and 12") right from some classic stuff like Scorpions, Van Halen to Morbid Angel and heavier Death and Black Metal. :)

Fellow metal head here :D big fan of all the good old metal music, from Iron Maiden to Cannibal Corpse, such a huge huge list of bands I follow dearly, Slayer, Megadeth, Metallica, Motorhead, Anthrax, Overkill, Pantera, Exodus, Kreator, Sepultura oh the list just goes on and on. And the Indian bands too, Kryptos, Zygnema, Skyharbor, Bhayanak Maut, Undying Inc etc etc

Cheers

@Sandesh : I'll be there for Bangalore Open Air, it was awesome last year with Kreator, was expecting Iced Earth, a huge fan of the band, sadly they couldnt make it. Hopefully the visa issues won't pop up this year and we'll get to see the whole line up!

Btw if any of you'll guys are interested I run a small distribution services along with my label for Underground extreme metal music. So incase any of you'll guys are interested I bring down cds, tapes, patches, LPs of Metal bands very often. I will soon have a bunch of tapes and cds being shipped down...

...Still remember those days at Styx pub in Bangalore.

Anybody been to this place then?

They've closed the place awhile ago. Apparently, on complaints from the neighbours. I remember quite a few headbanging sessions there, putting up with their very ordinary food, watery beer and crappy PA. :D One less icon on MG Road...

Include one more to this list. Love heavy metal. Still remember those days at Styx pub in Bangalore.

Anybody been to this place then?

Styx was owned by friend of mine, 'Pakya' to us :)

We had some good times there, with Pakya playing tunes hand picked by our group :yahoo: :licklips:

Sad that it shut down & Pakya went underground for a while :sad:

Glad to meet another Styx Regular

:)

Incase any of you Bangalore Metalheads are interested I am selling tickets to Doom over Bangalore a show on 22nd June at No Limmits lounge and bar featuring Kryptos, Dying Embrace, Bevar Sea, Witchgoat, Dhwesha from Bangalore and Mortar from Kolkata.

Well..I'm quite a big metal fan..although metal is not the only thing i listen to..

I generally listen to music that surprises me..progressive music in general..mixed with black/thrash/folk/death/technical/jazz metal..i also love ambient music..ambient black metal, post-rock/metal, 70s krautrock, psychedelic (ever heard of psychedelic black metal? :eek:hyeah:)..and good old heavy metal, hard rock, prog rock, some nice pop here n there..

Oh and i've started collecting records now..

Here's my metal LP vinyl collection so far..

saketmohan06's music - Rate Your Music

most of it is metal..and i've just ordered a few more..

Opeth - Still Life (have been dying to get this on vinyl..finally got it at a good price)
Opeth - Damnation
Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (Released on vinyl for the first time last week. I pre-ordered it)
Atheist - Piece of Time
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence

hope they arrive soon!!

What about you? Which albums do you have on vinyl?

Last edited:
Any of you guys making it to Bangalore Open Air this year? The lineup seems pretty bad ass so far! Dark Tranquility, Ihsahn, Leperous, Animals as Leaders and 2 more biggies to be announced!

Yup! i'll be there..Hope Iced Earth again doesn't have problems with visa n all that crap..

I think I have around 60 vinyls in total as of now consisting of 12", 10" and 7"'s. I have stuff right from classic rock such as Nazreth, Deep Purple, Eagles, Rolling stones, Scorpions to Iron Maiden, WASP to Morbid Angel to a lot more undergrind Death and Black Metal bands like Rahu, Bolzer, Alchemyst, Graveland, Spear of Longinus etc...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back