Sad & Shocking News: Panasonic to stop Plasma TVs from 2013

You cannot take anyone to consumer court because they have introduced some product in some territory but not the same product in India.

+ 1 to that. @akasmarty2003 on what basis your consumer court plan was?? Do you know that for many MNCs not AA models are available in 1 country , sometimes even in mother country. Due to various market conditions , customer preferences ,legal issues , electrical issues certain models are introduced . Sometimes in fact countries like India also get special models if I am not mistaken Sony was selling CRTs after being discountinued in US & Japan

So how a consumer court in any country can decide product portfolio of a company? So are you planning to sue McDonald in Indiaas their star products Ham Burgers ( made of Ham Pig meat ) and Beef burgers are not available in most ( or all) of the outlets in India ? .My legal knowledge is limited so I want to gain some

I think it is just the frustration put forward in a more lighter sense. We need not read too much into it.:lol:

WHAAAT?????? What am I gonna do now? Was thinking of being loyal to Panny Plasmas for my life and all future purchases.....
Nobody does it better than them. Don't like those LCDs and LEDs. They are not worth half the money they are sold at and no way compare to a good plasma.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

+ 1 to that. @akasmarty2003 on what basis your consumer court plan was?? Do you know that for many MNCs not AA models are available in 1 country , sometimes even in mother country. Due to various market conditions , customer preferences ,legal issues , electrical issues certain models are introduced . Sometimes in fact countries like India also get special models if I am not mistaken Sony was selling CRTs after being discountinued in US & Japan

So how a consumer court in any country can decide product portfolio of a company? So are you planning to sue McDonald in Indiaas their star products Ham Burgers ( made of Ham Pig meat ) and Beef burgers are not available in most ( or all) of the outlets in India ? .My legal knowledge is limited so I want to gain some

r u for real? i mean seriously

WHAAAT?????? What am I gonna do now? Was thinking of being loyal to Panny Plasmas for my life and all future purchases.....
Nobody does it better than them. Don't like those LCDs and LEDs. They are not worth half the money they are sold at and no way compare to a good plasma.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

PLZZZ...dont 'withdraw' your faithfulness from Panasonic, neither from their Plasma...I have a strong feeling towards Panasonic besides the ongoing rumour , they will keep producing Plasma at least till the time they gets their OLED TV Up & Running. This in the sense OLED comes available in terms of affordability for everyone nor for the 'Elite' class people where the current scenario is OLED TVs are being booked in US around a price of $12,000, approx a whopping INR 6,50,000 for 55' TV. And mind it the price will further be increased when it will be launched in India. So..I really cant imagine whether we will buy a television or a Skoda Laura...

You can (so the thousands of real picture quality lovers like me) be rest assured, Panasonic wont stop manufacturing plasma in recent upcoming years...The report which actually mentioned above says Panny will shut down one of their facility in China but it did mention they infact will shift the facility. My Panasonic X20 is made in Thailand not China..I dont know where do they export their plasma sets made in china.

With all due respect to our Moderator - Madbullram, I think this is high time we better change the name of this Thread or we close it. I would request Madbullram to create a new Thread for Beautiful and promising 2013 TV line up for Panasonic...Panasonic really have revised a lot in terms of launching new TVs exactly what I was expecting from last two years..Panasonic has surprisingly introducing higher range models in Non-3D Plasma category which indeed a very welcoming step for TV enthusiastic who dont want to pay premium price for 3D but definitely for better picture quality and features.......

I do purchase Panasonic products and will be purchasing in the future too..:)

Last edited:
My two cents, if you want to pick a brand that stays competitive long into the future, the Koreans brands are certainly a better bet than the Japanese. It's advantage Korea as far as low-margin consumer electronics goes. Secondly, Plasma is not going out because it's energy-inefficient or because it is in some way inferior. It is fundamentally, inherently superior tech for TV use which is why you have to spend a lot to get a LED LCD which outperforms a basic plasma. Plasma is going out because LCD panel manufacturing extends the gamut from one inch to seventy inches and owing to this inherent versatility manufacturers have standardised manufacturing capacity around LCD.

My two cents, if you want to pick a brand that stays competitive long into the future, the Koreans brands are certainly a better bet than the Japanese. It's advantage Korea as far as low-margin consumer electronics goes. Secondly, Plasma is not going out because it's energy-inefficient or because it is in some way inferior. It is fundamentally, inherently superior tech for TV use which is why you have to spend a lot to get a LED LCD which outperforms a basic plasma. Plasma is going out because LCD panel manufacturing extends the gamut from one inch to seventy inches and owing to this inherent versatility manufacturers have standardised manufacturing capacity around LCD.
Having to spend a lot of money is not a proof that LCD is a superior technology. Neither LCD is inherently more versatile than plasma. LCD manufactures in India are enjoying price advantage leaving it more costly in compassion to that in Singapore, Thailand or Dubai.

Mate....My experience is different ......my VT20 has gone bad(vertical lines)...panny has offered me ST50 as replacement which i have refused...they will check their options and come back to me.

Can you please share details. They have just suggested ST50 aint there and offered replacement with LED.

Might be screen size thing..I am referring to 42 inches size..

My TV has been recco'd for replacement too. 50VT20. Dunno what they will come back with. I expect the minimum of a GT50.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Can you please share details. They have just suggested ST50 aint there and offered replacement with LED.

Might be screen size thing..I am referring to 42 inches size..

Next stock expected after February 20th.
I am not sure about 42 inchers, but it will surely have 50 inchers.
Maybe you could pay some difference and get 50GT50?
42GT50 should be around 82K in Delhi
50GT50 should be around 97K in Delhi.

Prices are that low? Panasonic has no premium line left... Time to exit the brand.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

I feel that this is a widely read thread, so posting a part of another thread here.

For benefit of Panasonic owners who have issues unresolved, always call or email the helpline. It will speed up the resolution. Do not contact service centers even if the helpline asks you to.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back