sam9s Home Entertainment Theater Project - PHASE 1

well I wear glasses so, the little doubt, I had, has turned in to certainty.:),
about lamp cost, well, that was one of the factor, but not the deciding one, RBE was the one I was more concerned. Else he Benq W1080 seems to out perform 2030 when it comes to blacks. Other features just added to the already inclined decision towards 2030.

Lamp life again was not a strong deciding factor, but to an extent that played a part as well, though I wont watch 4 movies in a week, well maybe initially (for few months), coz of the projector excitement, but in long run it would not go beyond 2-3 movies over week end.)
However I certainly would spend much time on TV series so in that sense yes projector would be used quite a lot. Plus occasional gaming is also there.

==================

ANyway 2030 is decided, can you also shed some light on the SUB part for <=30.

Also one Q is there a way to utilize 2 SUB where in you have an AVR with only one sub out ..... possible ????

i would not be the right person to guide on " what sub" as i have very limited experience with subs.

however for you another query of whether 2 subs can be used with one out : YES

get a RCA splitter and thats all you will need...

Attachments

• image_mini.jpg
    image_mini.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 185
ok cool .... any major dis advantage of taking this route ..... AVR would be DENON X1000

^^ I already have Polk Tsi300 bro :), so would be using them as fronts........ guess you missed that point ......

Ah - missed it. Reading too fast.
Now, if you can fit another Tsi3000 below the screen, then that would be the best center speaker. If you can't fit, then get the matching center with similar tweeter and mid-range.

ok cool .... any major dis advantage of taking this route ..... AVR would be DENON X1000

no Disadvantage. Almost everyone does it this way. Just try to get both the subs equi-distant from listening position.

Now, if you have Denon 4311 or 4520, then Audyssey in those receivers will level and delay those two subs independently, allowing you to have these subs at different distance. But it will apply the same equalization to both the subs.

none on cautionary note. however if subs are of diffrent brands/make..
and the cut-off is being controlled by the AVR then the output might differ..\

not sure how much of sonic diffrence will that make.:)

Friends ,, how much does CS1 Polk costs in Delhi ... Any idea ..... Please suggest a center and a SUB

how is Polk PSW125, I know its an entry level sub, but with a room size of 10x15x8, would this be sufficient .. ????

how is Polk PSW125, I know its an entry level sub, but with a room size of 10x15x8, would this be sufficient .. ????

Mine is 20*11*9... I got the Velodyne impact 12...

Its boomy enough for the room and actually i think velodyne impact 10 would have also been enough , but am not very impressed... Controlled bass needs better subs... Thats why many FMs suggest saving up for better subs... I wish i had done the same...

There is someone selling the same sub you are asking about in forum trade section... Try asking him... But considered it costs less than the Velodyne ones i mentioned, i doubt if it will be very good....

Last edited:
Are the Amazon.com stuff being brought here by a friend or is amazon shipping them here... If amazon shipped to india, i would like to know the estimated landing cost of the projector.

Can your friend also bring the Rythmik subwoofer kit? Now that would be a very good, controlled sub.

Are the Amazon.com stuff being brought here by a friend or is amazon shipping them here... If amazon shipped to india, i would like to know the estimated landing cost of the projector.

No No, all three articles are being personally brought by my friend. Shipping, costumes would have made it exorbitantly expensive

Man I am confused about the SUB, for 25K all I get is an entry level sub, but for a room taht small 10x15x8 I am not sure if I even need anything more.

I already also have my HTiB onkyo Sub, I would probably add that as well with that RCA splitter ....OR use that independently and save money and purchase a SUB later for around 50K .... not sure how to go about .....

^^ Unfortunately thats not possible ,,,, well will see if I can manage an audition from any dealer in delhi, that is all I can do ......

Hi Sam9S,

If you do not mind the DIY Route for Subwoofer, 12" Driver of Peerless and 250 Watts Dayton Plate Amp makes a nice Subwoofer. I have built two for for my HT to my design and quite satisfied with them.

T. Antony has well described build at
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/19965-my-ported-subwoofer.html

250 Watts Dayton Plate Amp is on sale at Parts Express for USD 99.84.

Good Luck !

Jayant

No Man I am not at all comfortable with DIY, when it comes to electronics, .........yes if you can take my project I am happy to pay you :D. But there is no way I can audition it, since you are in bangalore. If anyone can build me a DIY sub in delhi, where I can audition, I am ready to pay the fee ...:)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back