sam9s Home Theater - Civil Construction - PHASE II

I have been following your thread silently. Now this reply is just for you my friend ;)

I hope everything was done by now. Plz post images waiting :D

Yes Sam9s,

Me too waiting for the images of the completed setup.

I guess my thread has more passive (silent) followers than Active ....:D :D. But now and then a reply/post/question keeps you inspired,,, :)

Well yesterday was a dud day, as the guy didnt turn up to do the flooring (damm labour in India (or UP for that matter)). Today in all probability he should turn up. Will update accordingly ......

Sam, i'm dying to see the pics. Pls post the "after carpet" room pics and some close ups of the carpet itself.

Yes today floor carpeting and gallery flooring is going. another hour or so and it should be completed. Will posts pics as soon as the work is completed ...

Well finally wall carpets and flooring is done. Looks decent IMO. With the AC on it gives a nice cozy feel,:D I am sharing snaps of one wall to show how the carpet looks. To provide a complete and better perspective of the room will use my DSLR to take the pics and share.

Next all electricals and cables terminating to the master switch. Plus installation of online ups, inverter and genset. Basically all electricals. Then will probably start ad my actual HT gear one by one .... :D ..

Few other things like Curtain, exhaust fan and glass door for equipment rack will also be installed simultaneously

BTW snaps are taken with door open under proper light, with close doors my cell was not taking good pictures ....as I said with doors closed actual feel of theater room will only be captured with a DSLR, which I will do soon as well.

9fqivc.jpg

2s62ck1.jpg

1z1y9tx.jpg

Last edited:
Sam - it is already looking stunning. Can't wait to see how it might look once it is complete with screen and all that.

Congrats Sam ... Looks gorgeous so far :)

Guess I haven't commented in this thread at all, however I have been passive reader here all the time but I didn't have anything to suggest or comment.
Now awaiting for the final look of your Home Theater room...

Thanks you all for such kind words, they mean a lot to me ....:) ... today I was out the entire day so could not respond. Today bought few more things to be installed ...

1. Wall mount fan : Black Croma

2mmi7iv.jpg

2. Auto Room freshener.

2dmfm2c.jpg

3. Two Belkin 6 in 1 power outlet surge protector

Tomorrow my electrician visit is due in the morning, will start all electrical work ..... will update the proceedings ....

Equipment rack glass door is yet to be finalized ....

Last edited:
Friends Update ::::

With the installation of front glass, my equipment rack is completed. Just need to add, few things for the cable management. Today I placed my AVR, HTPC and NAS. Just kept it there, not connected to have a feel of it, and it looked cool. AFA basic interiors goes its ready, now later I will slowly add the deco and esthetics part like posters, signs and all, that is something I will keep on adding. (its a never ending thing).......

Now I will be concentrating more on the back of the RACK, getting all the cable management done and connecting everything. Here check few snaps of how the RACk looks .....

2eok2gk.jpg

3478haw.jpg

Final stage will be adding the Projector and Screen...:)

Thanks for asking for an update, atleast someone cared to actually ask for an update, else I presume my HT thread would be one of the most dull, UN-happening thread of this forum ... :)

Anyway ....

I am actually busy getting a fixed frame screen for a budget, The min I am getting is for 23500 which is like wowaa!! never expected , so I am looking in to a DIY thing, trying to import the screen cloth from Da-Lite and will try to build my own frame around it (as Manoj suggested somewhere in the previous pages) ..... this is reducing the cost straight to around 60%. My carpenter is ultra busy these days. Somewhere around end of next week he will be free. Will have the screen installed then, plus 2 tables are to be made, one for the center speaker and one besides my recliner for misc activities (check sketchup layout on the first page)

Mean time just getting the connections ready and doing all sort of cable management at the back of the rack ....:)

Recliner and my 2 small sofa cum bed are positioned in the Theater .....

Last edited:
Thanks for asking for an update, atleast someone cared to actually ask for an update, else I presume my HT thread would be one of the most dull, UN-happening thread of this forum ... :)

Not at all. I am thoroughly enjoying and appreciating your build and getting inspired too. I am sure there are many others.

Please keep updating your progress.

I am actually busy getting a fixed frame screen for a budget, The min I am getting is for 23500 which is like wowaa!! never expected , so I am looking in to a DIY thing, trying to import the screen cloth from Da-Lite and will try to build my own frame around it (as Manoj suggested somewhere in the previous pages) ..... this is reducing the cost straight to around 60%.

May I suggest a thing? Go for a curved screen. This will ensure equal viewing distance (and projector distance) across the length of the screen. Although I don't own a projector setup myself but still, I think, a curved screen really make sense.

Well if I were going for a pre built screen I could have thought for curved, but with a DIY I dont know if I can get a curved frame, there is no tutorial on you tube for curved DIY as well, though there are loads for a normal DIY screen......

Well if I were going for a pre built screen I could have thought for curved, but with a DIY I dont know if I can get a curved frame, there is no tutorial on you tube for curved DIY as well, though there are loads for a normal DIY screen......

Let me be some help for you. Here are few links to the tutorial and WIP threads-

STEVE'S DIY FIXED CURVED SCREEN

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/174-diy-constant-height/1073708-started-my-110-wide-diy-curved-screen-build.html

Curved screens DIY

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back