Samsung 64F8500 - No Picture - Service quote is 80k

so looks like even though the PQ is unmatched so as his usability post the warranty period. Not just these two cases , i have read multiple cases where there is a issue Post warranty. For the same reason i have out this on hold as reliability is a concern . The only option is to go 4 extended waarranty for as many years as they can provide (if its applcable beyond 3 yrs)

Better luck addagalla. Hope you get a positive response.

I'm happy to update that, after some discussions (which were quite professional from both sides), Samsung considered this as a special situation and agreed to replace the panel free of cost. It's obviously a gesture that goes a long way in making its customers happy and I can't thank them enough for saving me a huge sum of money.

I also purchased a 3 year extended warranty; this is something I should have done earlier irrespective of whether this thing happened or not.

I'd also like to thank Vj for this thread and his blog. I don't know how things would have gone otherwise -- I still might have tried something similar, but his post and blog certainly helped me a lot!

My 51E8000 is biting dust for the past 1 year when all the complaints were made during warranty. Despite multiple executive level escalations and few assurances, a damaged panel was sent for replacement and when I rejected the same during warranty, they silently closed the ticket and let the warranty expire without letting me know.

They scratched my panel and bezel while replacing and later demanded about 50k to replace both.

They had also replaced the motherboard and bluetooth remote as both had defects and HDMI handshake issues popped right then. They were minor till last year in April when it completely stopped detecting HDMI signals and the panel had developed flickering green color on the right 10% of the screen. They are still insisting that I pay for everything and cannot offer any discount.

Clearly a fraud when they knew that I have helped many forum members here for service and group buys.. Never knew I would encounter such issues personally.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Oops.... most of the complaints come from Samsungs/Sonys these days. I guess its time to focus on LGs...
Was an avid fan of Samsung for long, almost like a Samsung home which I have - TV, AC, Refrigerator, Microwave, Galaxy s7, BR player, tab2, Washing Machine... the list is long. Bit scared now with that brand hearing these unacceptable business practices.

Luckily have had no issues with my 51E8000 in 4.5 yrs. I am guessing my usage was not as much as yours prankey.

Luckily have had no issues with my 51E8000 in 4.5 yrs. I am guessing my usage was not as much as yours prankey.
Not sure. I just used for about 4 hours a day on an average and the TV had issues right from the beginning so usage may not matter.

Not sure. I just used for about 4 hours a day on an average and the TV had issues right from the beginning so usage may not matter.

Sorry to hear about your experience. Yeah. Its all about lottery now a days. I have seen some older LCDs with really abusing usage ( > 10 Hrs a day- big family) still going strong after 8/9 years and some lightly used went kaput after 3 years. (similar timeline purchases)

Being said so, my 9 year old Samsung LCD TV is still running strong, with almost 10+ hr operation every day, whereas my Sony went Kaput right after warranty. Samsung was purchased from UAE, and Sony from India. Not sure whether they sell better products in UAE compared to India

Being said so, my 9 year old Samsung LCD TV is still running strong, with almost 10+ hr operation every day, whereas my Sony went Kaput right after warranty. Samsung was purchased from UAE, and Sony from India. Not sure whether they sell better products in UAE compared to India
My 11 year old Samsung 32" is also going strong (did have some firmware bugs though for native resolution and CEC). Its only recently when I left it with my family at home town, someone peeled off black filter from the top 70% making it look terrible to watch due to inappropriate tints (can that be fixed without changing the panel?)

Looks like Made in India seems to be the culprit! My 32" was also imported and hence never had failures.
My 7 yr old Sony 32" lcd which was an imported peice is running perfectly till date.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back