Samsung Frame TV-owners thread

Nchavva

Hi All,

I bought frame TV 65'" 2021 along with Q600A sound bar 2 days back. Below are my observations so far. Tv 1.1 L & sound bar 27K

1. Brightness is sufficient. Not very high in HDR.
2. Hotstar app is not showing any content in 4k/HDR/Atmos. when i connected my mi box i can see all except Atmos
3. Tried to play Atmos demo on tv using pen drive default media player didn't support the audio format (demo has m2s format). Need to find good media player

As of now experience is good but not great. please share your experience and suggest me good media player for samsung TV Tizen OS

Congratulations! Hope all your issues are sorted out soon.
Can You elucidate expand on your MI box comment- Can you see 4K HDR on all platforms including Hotstar ?
Could you mention where you bought this set- and does the price include cash backs etc ?
Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations! Hope all your issues are sorted out soon.
Can You elucidate expand on your MI box comment- Can you see 4K HDR on all platforms including Hotstar ?
Could you mention where you bought this set- and does the price include cash backs etc ?
Thank you for sharing.
Mi Box is showing all content in 4k HDR
Bought through samsung shop app and price includes cash back also

Hi, I bought the 55' one for around 70k after cashback and discount. I have set it to movie mode with less warm profile. Brightness is good enough, there's no sudden jump when playing HDR content. Not sure if that is because I have all the auto brightness control things turned off. I am on old VIP plan on Hotstar so no 4k there but Netflix/Amazon/YouTube can play 4k HDR content. Discovery plus app is not able to play any content, can't figure out why. Tizen UI is bad in content discovery but otherwise very smooth. Did not find a VPN app on samsung appstore, in case you want to access region locked content. Not able to mirror my phone screen either, maybe that's limited to Samsung devices.

Hi, I bought the 55' one for around 70k after cashback and discount. I have set it to movie mode with less warm profile. Brightness is good enough, there's no sudden jump when playing HDR content. Not sure if that is because I have all the auto brightness control things turned off. I am on old VIP plan on Hotstar so no 4k there but Netflix/Amazon/YouTube can play 4k HDR content. Discovery plus app is not able to play any content, can't figure out why. Tizen UI is bad in content discovery but otherwise very smooth. Did not find a VPN app on samsung appstore, in case you want to access region locked content. Not able to mirror my phone screen either, maybe that's limited to Samsung devices.
Tizen os very poor. better to buy fire stick add to tv.

Reviews are out, really impressed that this has got such a reasonable contrast ratio without local dimming.

thanks. how is PQ without local dimming ?
Here's how I would put it -----

Context - I haven't owned a TV with local dimming. I have however owned lots of Edge LIT screens, including my 1440p IPS monitor from Gigabyte, my previous Samsung Full HD LED TV, laptop screens etc.

My review -- The Samsung Frame 2020 model looks damn good when viewing straight on. The viewing angles are definitely poor, however, a wide viewing filter would reduce the contrast, so it is a tradeoff and I can live with this flaw. The contrast on the set is amazing, especially in a well lit or even dimly lit room. The only time I really notice that this is not a local dimming set or an OLED is when I switch off all the lights in the room, instead of blacks , you get a grey haze. However, even switching on a CFL somewhere away from the TV makes this easily tolerable. I experimented with this and found that a dim light really makes it an enjoyable watch. In fact as someone who hasn't owned a local dimming television set, I sometimes wonder how the picture looks so good without local dimming. I have used the TV with Jio STB, Prime, Hotstar, Netflix and my PS5. I find that watching sports on the Jio STB is intolerable (That is a flaw with the stream on JIO STB), the Tizen Hotstar app is much better and a DTH will be even better for sports. HD and 4K content look absolutely brilliant to my eyes (Hotstart on Tizen doesn't support 4k yet though).

Some comparisons -- I am definitely enjoying the contrast of the VA panel compared to my uncle's old 3 year old Panasonic 4k television with an IPS panel, the Samsung VA panel looks a LOT punchier. I have tried connecting my PS5 with my 1440p monitor (which accepts 4k input), however the IPS panel definitely looks much less contrasty than the Frame, and the lack of local dimming is clearly noticeable even in a dimly lit room.

I hope this helps

Just got a 65" Frame installed. Having issues with eARC. Using a HDMI Certified 2.1 cable from the eARC port to the 6014's eARC. Volume level is pretty low. And, I cannot go over 79. When I switch to PCM, it goes up all the way to 99. And, volume level seems okay. Any pointers?

P.S. Same HDMI cable works flawlessly with the Mi QLED and a 2600 in my room.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back