Samsung LA40D550 anyone?

umeshhere

Hi Guys,
I had decided on buying the LA40C550, but last week the model was discontinued and a Brand new model LA40D550 is now available. Please advise if its wise to buy this new model. I was not able to get many reviews online. Croma guys say, its only a change in design. Is it true? Can anyone help provide more details and advice.

Look below at the link for some general features. Sadly, Samsung do not have their complete tech specs either online or in the shops! - the 46 D5500 I saw in a shop yesterday, had a sticker that mentioned 100HZ the C series had a 50Hz Motion flow.

You would be better off going for the new D series: there are definately some advances in the compared to the C series, also, all shops will be trying to finish their existing stocks of the older models.

An elegant blend of practicality and performance - UA40D5500RR - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG

Last edited:
The 2011 models will obviously have newer lcd panels,so there will be a difference.

The D5500 is feature loaded its starting model of Smart Tvs which have a web browser with flash support and many more applications.
Now the 100hz in these tvs are probably like the psuedo 100hz found in LG.

The D6000 series has the 200hz which i think is just like the Sony EX720 with 100hz frame interpolation +backlight scanning.

even i am planning to but this specific model.....what is the best price offered to you......and where

The 2011 models will obviously have newer lcd panels,so there will be a difference.

The D5500 is feature loaded its starting model of Smart Tvs which have a web browser with flash support and many more applications.
Now the 100hz in these tvs are probably like the psuedo 100hz found in LG.

The D6000 series has the 200hz which i think is just like the Sony EX720 with 100hz frame interpolation +backlight scanning.

OP asked specific to D550 and I do not see any difference from C550 and there is NO Smart TV feature in it and all are exact replica of what was in C550. Panel might be similar to last year's model, though I am curious to know the panel version..

OP asked specific to D550 and I do not see any difference from C550 and there is NO Smart TV feature in it and all are exact replica of what was in C550. Panel might be similar to last year's model, though I am curious to know the panel version..

Well you need to read the post carefully ,where did i say the D550 had the smart tv feature.

The panel version of C550 or D550A can be any of the following CMO,AUO,CPT,Chilin and Samsung.
So if one saw a D550A with a CN panel and the older C550A had a SPVA panel then the C550A would have a higher contrast .
So it solely depends on what panel the tv had.

Well you need to read the post carefully ,where did i say the D550 had the smart tv feature.
That was my point to you... You were discussing other models :eek:hyeah: I just clarified to OP regarding Smart Hub feature.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back