Samsung Plasma 43E490 panel problem

ritua

I purchased Samsung Plasma 43E490 almost 4 years ago. 3 days back while I was watching tv, Samsung Plasma TV made a popping noise 2-3 times and then the screen went black and is dead from that night onwards. When called the Samsung service centre they were ready with their same repeated answers that the panel is to be replaced and it will cost around 21000/-.:sad:

Now I am not going to invest another 21000.:sad:

Need your help friends!

You are in a fix.

There is no point in spending 21000 for a panel replacement.

Buy a new TV.

Although you can try to locate some dead plasma TV which have motherboard problems.

But this solution will also not be cheap and there will be no guarantee of it working for years.

So be wise and buy a new TV.

Hope this helps

are you sure it's not a power supply failure? If it has made some noise and dead completely then check if you can get any sound / power on.
Did someone physically check the tv ?

Last edited:
Samsung Service Engineer thoroughly checked it and concluded that power supply board is ok...only problem is regarding y-sustain board or buffer connected to screen.
He seems to be justified..because now only the red indicator just blinks and nothing flashes on the screen as such.

If it is what I am thinking, this Y-sustain board is soldered onto the screen on the left side and thus the panel itself has to be changed.

If I am correct, then the repair route is not worth it. Sell and buy another TV. But there are guys who can fix this issue without changing the entire panel.

I don't know if such guys are there in Ranchi or not, it is something for you to find out.

I purchased Samsung Plasma 43E490 almost 4 years ago.

Now I am not going to invest another 21000.:sad:

Need your help friends!

Sorry to hear your issue buddy.. Panel issue seems to be very common for a TV that is more than 3 yrs old... Off late there are lot of threads on the forum with similar issues..

Anyways, i had a problem with my Sony LCD 46 inch (65K) , that had panel issues and was quoted 40K + for panel replacement.. I wasn't happy and escalated this issue to Sony India and requested them for a buy back.. After few e-mail exchanges, Sony India offered me a buy back offer..

I had the option of choosing a new 46inch of MRP 80K and Sony India said they would deduct the panel replacement cost from the new TV and i had to pay the balance...

So talk to Samsung officials, please write e-mails to head of service.. Usually service center have this information.. (Not the generic gmail ID, but Samsung e-mail ID). You might get some offer..

Sorry to hear your issue buddy.. Panel issue seems to be very common for a TV that is more than 3 yrs old... Off late there are lot of threads on the forum with similar issues..

Anyways, i had a problem with my Sony LCD 46 inch (65K) , that had panel issues and was quoted 40K + for panel replacement.. I wasn't happy and escalated this issue to Sony India and requested them for a buy back.. After few e-mail exchanges, Sony India offered me a buy back offer..

I had the option of choosing a new 46inch of MRP 80K and Sony India said they would deduct the panel replacement cost from the new TV and i had to pay the balance...

So talk to Samsung officials, please write e-mails to head of service.. Usually service center have this information.. (Not the generic gmail ID, but Samsung e-mail ID). You might get some offer..
Thanks a lot! I'll surely get in touch with samsung officials..

Hi, I'm also facing the same issue that you faced. Panel costs 20k as per the Samsung service engineer. Not sure what I need to do now, go for a new tv or take the tv to a local repair center here in Hyderabad

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back