samsung plasma ps50b550 vs lg led lcd 47lh90

atulpilot

hey guys i am planning to buy a flat panel but i am confused between the samsung plasma ps50b550 and lg led lcd 47lh90.plz help me decide the best.

the price here in pune are:-

lg led lcd 47lh90-80k
lg led lcd 42lh90-72k
samsung plasma ps50b550 full hd:-74k

thanks in advance.

hey guys i am planning to buy a flat panel but i am confused between the samsung plasma ps50b550 and lg led lcd 47lh90.plz help me decide the best.

the price here in pune are:-

lg led lcd 47lh90-80k
lg led lcd 42lh90-72k
samsung plasma ps50b550 full hd:-74k

thanks in advance.

well the LG LH90 lcd has a local dimming LED backlight,which will boost the contrast ratio upto a certain point,since i myself haven't seen them yet in action,can't realy comment more.but i am suprised how cheap the lg is priced at,i know their lcd panels are the cheapest to buy for any OEM.with local dimming LED it can certainly surpass or match the contrast ratio of the samsung/sony CCFL lit lcds and samsung edge LED lcds.samsung and sony lcds offcourse have a good image processing tech,we have to see how good is the lg image processing is in this particular model.
samsung offcouse will launch their own version of local dimming led lcd,sony already has X450A with a more advanced local dimming tri luminous LED with BE2 PRO engine(still better then BE3) offcouse they price will be atleast double the price of the lg.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back