Schiit Modi Multibit Now in India

Surely, considering you get India warranty and no issues of customs and shipping

If you have someone coming from USA, and he or she does not mind getting then it's a good option

As such schiit products are very reliable

Headphonezone have listed the Schiit Modi Multibit DAC on their website for 22K.

Direct link : https://www.headphonezone.in/products/schiit-modi-multibit

Is it worth it spending 22K on Multibit ? Modi 2 Uber is available for 15K.
Whatever I have read on the topic has given a clear head up for multibit over M2U. The words "multibit" ," r2r " etc have profound temptation in the minds of audiophiles, so a bias cannot be ruled out. Since multibit brings the high end DAC features at a affordable price I'll definitely get multibit over plain M2U.

If you are buying for the first time, its definitely worth to upgrade the budget and get M2U multibit ; but for people owning M2U already whether upgrade is worth? Needs some more neutral reviews preferably our FMs A/B comparative reviews before pulling the trigger...

http://audio-head.com/schiit-modi-multibit-vs-modi-2-uber/

That's right. Need some A-B comparison from our forum members here.

Question being, is the Modi Multibit worth 7K extra over the Modi 2 Uber ?

I would like to see a smsl sanskrit vs schiit modi uber comparison.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

If you're in Mumbai right now or will be soon, you can drop by their office and compare yourself.

Headphone Zone
No. 19, Ravi Kiran Estates, Off New Link Road, Andheri (West)
Mumbai - 400058, India

Most places I'm seeing the comparison betweene the Multibit and Modi2U, people are using headphones. Yet to come to such comparison where the reviewer is using speakers.

Modi multibit arriving in couple of days... Santa Claus bringing it....eagerly waiting :yahoo:.

amit.

Write a review after receiving it :)

Finally the Schiit Modi Multibit arrived.
To be honest, all my excitement died away.. :sad:.It was not even working at par with the normal modi 2 I had, which had stopped working four months ago. As a backup I had to listen to Fiio D03k these days. It was my first DAC before the modi2 and was lying in the cupboard ever since after modi2 had come eighteen months back. I could realize that these four months, though I was listening to Fiio D03k, my listening sessions had reduced gradually. I don't know why...It was not the case when my modi2 was working. However I do have the memory and feel of how modi2 used to sound.

First 1 minute:
Well as soon as it started, there was nothing special I felt. Rather it sounded coarse.

Next 5 minutes:
Kept on changing few tracks. Somehow it started to stutter, the signal was getting lost for half-a-second randomly. Switched off and again on my wifi router, checked the toslink cable, restarted everything again. Stuttering reduced, atleast it seemed to be reduced or gone away....
Sound was still coarse.

Next 15 minutes:
Sounded still same...coarse. Just a little more present but nothing to be proud of.
Stuttering randomly came back again. Started feeling disappointed about my decision whether it is really worth it. The size and everything same as normal modi 2 so wondering what is special that they have done.
The stuttering made me totally dis-heartened. Thought to give a call to customer care and inform that there is something defective in the product. But thought i will inform next day.

Next 30 minutes:
Started changing tracks frequently. None of them I listened for more than half a minute to one minute.
I could recall my feelings that whenever we tend to frequently change tracks, its not a good sign. Was feeling a bit sad and to be honest did not like the DAC so far.
I also recalled that something similar had happened to me when I had changed my speaker cables to chord silver screen cables.

I just thought to leave it alone for some time and do my other work. My high hopes had already burnt... I had never found any good reviews, forget good reviews, I never found any reviews about this multibit dac on the internet and possibly that's why this DAC is not good, people have not purchased it much and hence reviews are also not there. It was just a chance and gut-feeling that I had purchased this without any concrete and substantial reviews.. was regretting that I had made wrong decision..

I lowered the volume and let it alone for more burn in....hopes and enthusiasm were already severely burnt...:sad::sad::sad:

amit.

Last edited:
I don't expect this. I was extremely happy with my bifrost uber hence modified with 4470 update. It's too good.
For stuttering it may be toshlink cable too. Try with digital coaxial.

Surprised to hear that! There is a dedicated thread on head-fi on this dac, I have not read it fully but the posts I have read had positive things to say about it. Do go through it if there are any similar experiences. Also try coax/USB and let us know.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the honest review. About the stuttering, you can get a replacement and see if you got a faulty piece. I'm going for the Modi 2 Uber.

Yes do try another cable, as the symptoms point to a bad cable. Had the same symptoms with the terrible hdmi cable that came with my Raspberry Pi.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back