Sencore - Capacitor And Inductor Analyzer [ LC-53 ]

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Hello Friends ,
For My Repair Work I Wanted To Have a Capacitor Analyzer " Inductor is a Bonus lol " . I Already have a Protek 608 Multimeter With Capacitance Test , A ESR Meter of Bob Parker and a LCRQ Meter From Tonghui Model TH2821A .In The Past Few Days I Have been repairing a lot of vintage era and not so vintage era Multimeters [ Voms and VTVM's ] .I started to feel the urge to buy a capacitor leagake tester that can go upto 600 volts .My initial thoughts were to buy the Heatkit IT-11 And Heathkit IT-28 .But then i Saw that we can even buy the not so old stuff from Sencore .I chanced upon the LC-53 Meter and i found it to be good for my work so i ended up buying it like always :p .Here is the Photo of the Sencore LC-53 i have purchased .I would like to know how many of you have used this meter and some good tips and tricks for the same .Is it wise to restore some electrolytic caps in this before usage or its best left as is .

The photo of the material​

2mqngyf.jpg

Manual Is Here -> Click Here

amar ji welcome back long time no c : p looking for nos valves any thing available with you at lynx?

amar ji welcome back long time no c : p looking for nos valves any thing available with you at lynx?

Sir ,
I Am Not a Dealer Here Anymore i retired a long time ago .I am just a member like you and my basic activity on hifivision is just putting up my work and helping others .I did reply to you in details in your granpa value thread :yahoo:

Sencore is a very good product and I wish I had one instead of my Heathkit C-3 cap tester. I would replace the capacitors in the power secton of the tester as it will need to work hard testing some of the capacitors found in tube amps, up to 600 volts.
I have found vintage equipment to work fine for a few hours until the caps short out and when that happens on tube equipment things don't get as bad as it will on a solid state equipment like what you have. A shorted cap will do permanent damage to the transistors and IC's which are no longer available.
Replacing the E-caps will affect the calibration of the unit very little, but it at least you can use it with confidence , knowing that the unit will serve you well for many years.

Last edited:
Back