Sony A80J owners thread (No price talk)

Got the 77" a few days. Looks amazing. The picture processing this year has improved over last year.
IMAX enhanced movies on Disney+ looks immersive. Surprised how good the TV sounds.
Congrats 77 should be just mind blowing. Dreaming a 77 Oled one day. If you don’t mind can you share the price and offers you availed for the 77 Oled? If not comfortable, sorry to ask and please ignore

Final price close to 4L including 20K instant discount. The price could reduce further next year as Sony gets competitive in pricing.

You have a 65" OLED? Hope that your dream turns to reality soon at a great price deal :)

Final price close to 4L including 20K instant discount. The price could reduce further next year as Sony gets competitive in pricing.

You have a 65" OLED? Hope that your dream turns to reality soon at a great price deal :)
Oh that’s a good price compared to when I got my c9. Yeah I do have the 65 inch and quite happy with it and in my current set up,65 is the max I can accommodate. For sure my next tv upgrade will be in another 4 years when I also plan to re-locate. Following the 77 inch pricing trend and who knows after 4 years I may even get the 83 inch for a lesser price. Yes Sony is getting competitive in pricing but even better with the end product. I see good improvements from A8g-A8h-A80j. They are little slow but when they catch up they do make sure it’s the best which is what I love the most about Sony.

Got the 77" a few days. Looks amazing. The picture processing this year has improved over last year.
IMAX enhanced movies on Disney+ looks immersive. Surprised how good the TV sounds.
True that!
Was even tempted to try one of the compatible sony sound bar or speaker set just to try and keep the magic screen speaker as centre channel, but decided against it as the only speaker set compatible with the 65" model have an upfiring design, which I hate.
But with your 77" set you can actually use the S-Center with any AVR, should you want to upgrade your sound experience in the future.
Edit: This is wrong. I confused the bigger A80J with the A90J feature. :(

Happy viewing!

Last edited:
True that!
Was even tempted to try one of the compatible sony sound bar or speaker set just to try and keep the magic screen speaker as centre channel, but decided against it as the only speaker set compatible with the 65" model have an upfiring design, which I hate.
But with your 77" set you can actually use the S-Center with any AVR, should you want to upgrade your sound experience in the future.
Happy viewing!
So 77" owners do have some benefits apart from real estate. I thought all Sony master series has this effect for instance even A9G was supposed to have this. But A9H didn't.

So 77" owners do have some benefits apart from real estate. I thought all Sony master series has this effect for instance even A9G was supposed to have this. But A9H didn't.
Oh, actually, my mistake. I confused the A90J, not available in India, with the bigger A80J! :(
The stereo pin type S-Center is the same for both actually.
The A90J has speaker level terminals.

Oops A8H I meant didn't as it was not a Sony master series - just had the X1 ultimate processor but not rated master series and so that centre channel(S-center or whatever) audio enhancement was not given specially.

Interesting, wonder why they don't market it.
They did it briefly during the integration sometime in early 2020.
But you are right, they have completely disregarded this in subsequent marketing.

In fact, they did not tom-tom the Disney+ angle even when they were upping the premium subscription price this September.
Very strange now that you mention it.
Only reason I can think of is cricket being the biggest draw for them, per their data.

Ye, I have a Disney+ subscription and have to use VPN.
Interesting, wonder why they don't market it.

Okay, now a vee pee en makes sense!

Okay, now a vee pee en makes sense!

Works with our own subscription or need to take a separate one?

Hi all,
Couple of updates as I close in on a 100 days.
First thing is that my usage is clocking close to 7 hours a day on an average (scary)
I think it has got to do a lot with watching live sports and testing, etc.

Second thing is a question:
Has anyone found Netflix calibrated mode for Netflix content being terribly poor, and IMAX Enhanced come a decent second to your own setting?

Next few months are going to be about scaling down on consumption on this unit.
Till then, any fellow experience welcome.
Regards

Hi all,
First thing is that my usage is clocking close to 7 hours a day on an average (scary)

Has anyone found Netflix calibrated mode for Netflix content being terribly poor, and IMAX Enhanced come a decent second to your own setting?

Regards
With Amazon entering sports coverage (Loved the NZ-Bang series on Prime) and even SonyLiv doing what I presume is 50 fps for BBL, am really worried for my TV when Hotstar catches up.

Like imagine if HS does 50 fps at minimum 1080p for next IPL!

I think I need to relegate the A80J for only movie watching and resume sports on my comp :D
Kidding, of course not, Star will never venture into silly things like 60 fps live content at 4K. It will, however, be happy showing 70 lakh subscribers on top right corner. Just ask Neflix.

Hi @shaiju_o_thomas , @insane79

Have you all tested the internet speeds on your A80Js?

Mine's struggling to reach even my computer's speeds most times of the day

(both run on wifi, yet to hardwire either)

Hi @shaiju_o_thomas , @insane79

Have you all tested the internet speeds on your A80Js?

Mine's struggling to reach even my computer's speeds most times of the day

(both run on wifi, yet to hardwire either)
I have my A80J hardwired by ethernet cable & i get the exact speeds i get from my other devices like PC etc.
The A80J is limited by 100mbps ethernet connection but my internet speed is around 90mbps only so i m ok with it.
You can try the Fiber Speed test app from the tv itself to see the speeds you getting.
Of course hardwire is any day better then wifi.

Hi all,

Regards
same here on my lg cx 65. tv is on 7hs a day on an average. Reached nearly 1500 hrs since may of last year.
The tv is on like a background radio.
Sports is the main culprit.
Never check for screen burn in or dirty screen effect , etc . If from my viewing distance everything looks good , I don't care about anything else. Not going to babysit a screen.

Guys need help/suggestions.

My cousin looking for 65 has restricted his budget strictly to 1L and so very much focussed on X80J which is exact 1L at the moment. I can see X90J is 1.5L so even in best case, getting it anyway below 1.4L seems highly unlikely. what about the middle ground X85J ? Assuming i can push him to spend 10-15k additional, is it possible and better option vs X80J ?

The only other brands he accepts are LG and Samsung. so let me know if any specific reason why any model in them would be a better choice vs X80/85 for the exact same budget i.e. <1L INR. thanks

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back