Sony A80J owners thread (No price talk)

Guys need help/suggestions.

My cousin looking for 65 has restricted his budget strictly to 1L and so very much focussed on X80J which is exact 1L at the moment. I can see X90J is 1.5L so even in best case, getting it anyway below 1.4L seems highly unlikely. what about the middle ground X85J ? Assuming i can push him to spend 10-15k additional, is it possible and better option vs X80J ?

The only other brands he accepts are LG and Samsung. so let me know if any specific reason why any model in them would be a better choice vs X80/85 for the exact same budget i.e. <1L INR. thanks
I have answered it in the right place. Check for my answer.

A while ago, before I hooked up my rig, spent a couple of nights with the TV speakers in both positions - feet mounted and wall mounted.

Short opinion:
1. With correct setting, away from wall, sounds horrible, including a teeny bit of lag, which i guess is the Sony software trying to reflect off the front wall.

2. With correct setting, on wall, a brilliant setup, barring bass. Any of you wanna try the in-house sony surrounds, i'd say go ahead.

Sony's truly back in the game. And this time it looks like they mean business in India.

Regarding HDR content viewing in Sony A80J,
I have downloaded HDR movie but how to check whether it is running in HDR 10
i see so much difference while watching in Disney/prime apps compare to normal media player and even tried in Kodi
Anyone help me any settings or player to watch HDR content ?

Regarding HDR content viewing in Sony A80J,
I have downloaded HDR movie but how to check whether it is running in HDR 10
i see so much difference while watching in Disney/prime apps compare to normal media player and even tried in Kodi
Anyone help me any settings or player to watch HDR content ?
In the Picture Setting menu, it will show on the Top Right if HDR is active.

Does anyone know how to change the "TV" Button function on the remote? whenever i hit the TV button on the remote it powers up my PS5. Annoying for the wife lol. I got no other devices connected to Hdmi except PS5 as everything is used by Earc. US/Europe version of the A80j have the option to reassign the "TV" button through Settings/External inputs but apparently it's not there on my unit.

Got the 77" a few days. Looks amazing. The picture processing this year has improved over last year.
IMAX enhanced movies on Disney+ looks immersive. Surprised how good the TV sounds.
How does 720p and 1080p look on 77 and how far should we sit for best results??

How does 720p and 1080p look on 77 and how far should we sit for best results??
I briefly compared my ATV4K and A80J upscaling. Upscaled content looks very good though I leave it to the source components (BDP or ATV4K) to do the upscaling. I don't use TV in-built applications much and don't have cable TV.

I briefly compared my ATV4K and A80J upscaling. Upscaled content looks very good though I leave it to the source components (BDP or ATV4K) to do the upscaling. I don't use TV in-built applications much and don't have cable TV.
Viewing distance for 720p and 1080p for 77 inch??

And how is upscaling if we play through usb directly into tv?

Does anyone know how to change the "TV" Button function on the remote? whenever i hit the TV button on the remote it powers up my PS5. Annoying for the wife lol. I got no other devices connected to Hdmi except PS5 as everything is used by Earc. US/Europe version of the A80j have the option to reassign the "TV" button through Settings/External inputs but apparently it's not there on my unit.

Check for a setting called set top box control, or TV box setup, something like that and see if it can be disabled there?

Settings , Channels and Inputs, External Inputs, TV box setup, TV box control setup then turn off the Control with TV remote toggle button?

Settings , Channels and Inputs, External Inputs, TV box setup, TV box control setup then turn off the Control with TV remote toggle button?
Just tried it, doesn't work, goes to the option to add the setup box brand & choose hdmi input, no way to assign the Tv button to something else.
I guess my setup not having a set top box is the issue.

I have my 65A80j on a tv unit since i got it in Nov 2021, as i have renovated the room, i will be placing it on the wall now.
Any idea which brand wall mount comes with the A80J during installation? Planning to call the Sony guys to do the wall mount.

Thanks.

I have my 65A80j on a tv unit since i got it in Nov 2021, as i have renovated the room, i will be placing it on the wall now.
Any idea which brand wall mount comes with the A80J during installation? Planning to call the Sony guys to do the wall mount.

Thanks.
If you did not take a company wall mount during installation, try calling the seller.
The model comes with a mount + free installation.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back