Sony KDL-55/47/42 W800A - Owners and Aspirants

Hi, I got 47w800a few days ago too, may I ask which of the numbers are the usage hour? Is it on the left right bottom corner?
Thanks a lot!!

Hi Sorry couldn't reply earlier.
This is how it is done

How to Check your Sony Bravia Panel Usage Hours

From Remote
Press Display (I+)
Volume -
Power

Gets you into the diagnostics screen which shows the hours.

The bottom left 5 numbers are the hours

Next 5 are boot count

and last 5 are the LCD panel hours.

I took the information from this post

I have a question on Youtube App on this TV. I sign in to Youtube application and my playlists appear. But the moment I switch off the TV and switch on again to go to Youtube application it does not automaticall sign me in. I again have to go to youtube.com/activate and reenter the code. Anybody else facing this problem. Sometimes it is worse. Just after quitting the application and relaunching it the sign-in information is lost. Even pairing has the same issue.

Due to youtube tv app recent changes
you cant permanently sign in youtube app due to privacy(tv can access by anybody in home)
So they alternatively give you the options for connected tvs in youtube app settings for android and iphone (phone is a personal device).

Due to youtube tv app recent changes
you cant permanently sign in youtube app due to privacy(tv can access by anybody in home)
So they alternatively give you the options for connected tvs in youtube app settings for android and iphone (phone is a personal device).

Hi Gallery,
Agreed that is could be a privacy concern. But there could at least be a setting where user can either choose to keep themselves signed in. While the app does allow me to choose the videos, the sign-in helps me to easily go through my subscriptions and playlists. And having to do them again and again is such a pain.

Guys,

Need expert and practical advise - I have my ADSL WIFI router attached to my PC which is in the study room. The W800 is in the living room - say approx 30 feet away from the router. There are 2 walls between the router and the TV - hence the TV does not get the signal or is very poor.

Do you guys think buying a new modem (802.11n with dual antennae will solve my problem?) - would love to know what config you guys have tried and working - in most economical way.

NO, I can't move my router - as it is connected via Ethernet cable to my PC - and I download stuff a lot - A LOT.

And do you think, keeping the TV wifi on (always) will cause any troubles?

Cheers in anticipation

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Can anyone share the Gaffar Market price of Sony LED TV 40 or 42 incher in whatever series available in grey market.

I am looking to buy 42 incher W674 or 650 series..

Plz help.

Thanks

Guys,

Need expert and practical advise - I have my ADSL WIFI router attached to my PC which is in the study room. The W800 is in the living room - say approx 30 feet away from the router. There are 2 walls between the router and the TV - hence the TV does not get the signal or is very poor.

Do you guys think buying a new modem (802.11n with dual antennae will solve my problem?) - would love to know what config you guys have tried and working - in most economical way.

NO, I can't move my router - as it is connected via Ethernet cable to my PC - and I download stuff a lot - A LOT.

Cheers in anticipation

Search for wifi repeaters online.

Guys,

Cheers in anticipation

Don't change the router
Go and buy WiFi range extender
All routers have problems after certain range

Hi Gallery,
Agreed that is could be a privacy concern. But there could at least be a setting where user can either choose to keep themselves signed in. While the app does allow me to choose the videos, the sign-in helps me to easily go through my subscriptions and playlists. And having to do them again and again is such a pain.

YouTube policy we have nothing to do....

Hi HiFian Friends,

Plz share the latest Gaffar market price of 40'' and 46'' LED Sony W600 , 700 , 800 series ..

Thanks in advance

Cheers..
:);):eek:hyeah:

Guys,

Cheers in anticipation

I had the same problem with my w800. I solved it by getting a Ethernet cable which connected my modem to the tv. The entire cost of the cable and the labour charges to the local electrician for the wiring was less than 1500 rupees.

now watch all your favourite videos on youtube in HD on your HDTV....
1.Go to YouTube
2.Type the song name or any video name in the search bar of youtube...
and click the search button
3.The video is played on youtube....
4.Copy the link on the address bar by selecting the link and by pressing
control C....
5.Go to KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
6.Paste the link in keepvid.com (control V) and click the Download button
7.The MP4 video links are displayed in different resolutions(480p,720p,1080p)
8.Now click the resolution which is supported by your HDTV to download the video.
9.Copy all your videos to a pendrive and use it on your tv or bluray player....
10.Enjoy....

Hello Experts,

I want to connect my cellphone (Samsung NOTE 1) to W800 using Wifi Direct.
How to accomplish this task?

Thanks

:) We are on the same boat here - I also could not connect my Galaxy Note N7000 with W800 using Wifi direct. Then I tried the screen mirror option and From what I gather, W800 supports Miracast; But in Miracast certified products I couldn't find Galaxy Note :mad:.

From several forums, it is read that the Galaxy S3 is a Miracast certified product and works fine.

Following information from Wikipedia on "Miracast"

Both devices (the sender and the receiver) need to be Miracast certified for the technology to work. However, to stream music and movies to a non-certified device there will be Miracast adapters available that plug into HDMI or USB ports.[10]
On 29 October 2012, Google announced that Android version 4.2 (updated version of Jelly Bean) will support the Miracast wireless display standard, and by default will have integrated features for it.[11] As of January 8, 2013, the LG Nexus 4 and Sony's Xperia Z, ZL, T and V officially support the function,[12][13] as does HTC One and Samsung in its Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II under the moniker AllShare Cast. The Galaxy S4 uses Samsung Link for its implementation.[14]

Last edited:
With almost 2 weeks of viewing SD / HD and 3D contents on 47W800A along with Sony BDPS790 I am more than excited on the decision to get this beauty. :clapping:

Life of Pi blu-ray blew me away with the 3D, awestruck by Mr Poppers Penguins blu-ray in 2D. With almost 8 Ft away from the TV, every one except my father have no problem with even the SD channels being fed using a digital settop box.

As per him, it is comfortable to watch from 13ft and I am not too worried with that as we are expected to shift to our new house in two months where the seating is at almost 12-14 ft away from TV. :)

Guys,

Cheers in anticipation

You can buy an wifi card for your PC and can keep your wifi router in some better position in your house. I have used one in the past without any problem.. This will reduce the hassle of getting new wifi router or connecting your TV via ethernet cable.

Hello guys,
First of all, thanks a lottt for all the information. :)
After a lot of research I have planned to buy a 55 W800 by next week.

I want to know the best price of the same available out there..(except grey) so that I could negotiate a good price.

My viewing distance would be around 10 ft from the screen. Would it look pixelated with SD and 720p content on the 55 from that distance?
Or should I go with 47 w800 or 45 w950?
Would love to have the 55 for a home theatre experience but confused about the pixelation :/
I feel from a few years from now,every content would turn into HD but ...erm many of the PS3 games are in 720p.
I'm not sure how it'll look on the 55.
Please help.

Secondly, I heard from the demo guy that a dedicated BD player is better than the BD player in PS3.
I could not find much difference except from the connectivity. Please clarify. :)

Lastly, has anyone tried the DLNA sharing from the PS3, does it work fine?

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back