Sony KDL-55/47/42 W800A - Owners and Aspirants

hi karan,
Checked and it was brand new...

I am using your settings and other setting combined and getting a satisfied PQ.. still checking out for best resolution..

How can i save a setting and make next setting of setting for watching movies? It will little eye fatigue if watching movies and during room lights off...

Well honestly i have no idea how to save a previous setting. I doubt there is such an option available for the W800. However, i have not experienced any eye fatigue with my revised settings when watching in a completely dark room.

Hi everyone,
I am very new user in this kind of stuff.
I did a lot of research and planed to buy a 47w800a later, and here I have I few question
1. What should I check when the tv is arrived or when I order it. Only the usage hour? (If yes, is the time should be 0 hour)
2. Anything else needed to be check?

Sorry this is my first time buying a good quality tv and planed to use for a long period so wanted to be careful, thanks!!!

@cckjanik, Check the usage hours. It was all zeroes for me. I guess it should be zero. In case you have non zero check for the wall mount screw holes to see if they have been used previously. Also check for the packaging quality (how well it is packed).
Don't worry and enjoy the experience. If a demo/display piece is given to you, rest assured you can get a replacement.

@cckjanik, Check the usage hours. It was all zeroes for me. I guess it should be zero. In case you have non zero check for the wall mount screw holes to see if they have been used previously. Also check for the packaging quality (how well it is packed).
Don't worry and enjoy the experience. If a demo/display piece is given to you, rest assured you can get a replacement.

This is very helpful! Thanks for the reply.;)
But few question more haha, my budget can only reach the price of w800a
But I am wondering is w800a better than w900a as I usually use it for watching 3d Blu ray disc and playing ps3?
What even the answer is, I can't afford w900a LOL so this was just asking :lol:
;)

Last edited:
I have the Bravia 47 W800
I have connected it to my broadband modem via Ethernet cable and the Internet works like charm on the TV.

@cckjanik, For 3D, I would rate W800 better than 900 series due to passive 3D. Also W800A has got the best result on game lag (least lag). So both your needs are met by W800A.

@cckjanik, For 3D, I would rate W800 better than 900 series due to passive 3D. Also W800A has got the best result on game lag (least lag). So both your needs are met by W800A.

WOW This is the best news for me :yahoo:
How come the w900a series have more lag in gaming? What's the different?

Thanks bro;)

WOW This is the best news for me :yahoo:
How come the w900a series have more lag in gaming? What's the different?

Thanks bro;)

The difference is too minute to really make any difference.
Also you mention, you cant afford the W900a but the truth is, if you can afford the 47"W800a, then you can definitely afford the 40"W900a ;)
Just saying :)
Still, i would suggest you to go for the W800a cause Size does matter ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Needed a feeler as to what would be the best 3D depth setting for the W800?
I currently have it on Auto (High).

Finally had the 47" w800 picked up for me in Delhi @85k. For those in the know, which is the blu ray player being sold in the sony 3d bundle & any idea of the titles? Thnx in advance!

I was offered the BDP-S4100. The 5 titles in 3D that I was offered were all 3 Toy Story movies, Spiderman and Pirates of Carribean. The offer was for 10k. I rejected as the movie list was not great and 10k for blu-ray player seemed high as I had my eyes on the "to be released" PS4.

As per the website you should get the 490. But most dealers offer 4100. There is little difference between them other than audio output channels.

It makes sense to get a 3d blu ray player to really use the 3d TV. So go for a blu ray player.

Waiting for PS 4 is also a good idea. But it will cost much more.

Only caveat. It's region locked. So can't play USA blu rays. Nor can it be hacked for blu rays.

You could try for a Multi region hacked blu ray player from Panasonic..,,

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back