Sony KDL-55/47/42 W800A - Owners and Aspirants

As per the website you should get the 490. But most dealers offer 4100. There is little difference between them other than audio output channels.

It makes sense to get a 3d blu ray player to really use the 3d TV. So go for a blu ray player.

Waiting for PS 4 is also a good idea. But it will cost much more.

Only caveat. It's region locked. So can't play USA blu rays. Nor can it be hacked for blu rays.

You could try for a Multi region hacked blu ray player from Panasonic..,,

The website is probably outdated. I saw the new brochures with dealers stating 4100. You are right about PS4. I most likely would buy it from US. My main motivation is the games of course. So will need to check on the region before buying the discs. For general movie use use as you have said an all region blu ray player is better.

The website is probably outdated. I saw the new brochures with dealers stating 4100. You are right about PS4. I most likely would buy it from US. My main motivation is the games of course. So will need to check on the region before buying the discs. For general movie use use as you have said an all region blu ray player is better.

Well i too am eyeing at the ps4 ;)
Currently own a PS3. So will wait for a year or 2 before going in for the ps4, just to see how things are :)

I have a question on Youtube App on this TV. I sign in to Youtube application and my playlists appear. But the moment I switch off the TV and switch on again to go to Youtube application it does not automaticall sign me in. I again have to go to youtube.com/activate and reenter the code. Anybody else facing this problem. Sometimes it is worse. Just after quitting the application and relaunching it the sign-in information is lost. Even pairing has the same issue.

I have a question on Youtube App on this TV. I sign in to Youtube application and my playlists appear. But the moment I switch off the TV and switch on again to go to Youtube application it does not automaticall sign me in. I again have to go to youtube.com/activate and reenter the code. Anybody else facing this problem. Sometimes it is worse. Just after quitting the application and relaunching it the sign-in information is lost. Even pairing has the same issue.

Somebody using even the smart features of the tv? ;)
Nice.
Unfortunately, i have not tried the smart features.
Will try it out and let you know of the results.

Hey I got a new question,
Since my TV is coming in this Saturday,
I am wondering is the combination of checking the usage time need to be entered when the TV is off?
If not, where should I enter the combination?

Thanks!!!

Yes the combination has to be entered when the TV is off (Connected to Power socket but switched off through remote). In this state you start the sequence. It works on this model.

Another question. I checked the prices of extended warranty (+2 years) on 55 inches model in Sony Website. It is quoted as 12.5k. I remember seeing 7.5k some time back. Has anyone taken the extended warranty for their TV. I think it is too pricey now.

Also I get white patches on the corners in my TV as if there are white LEDs on the corner. It comes up when I switch on the TV and goes off as soon as some image comes up. I googled and found that it is called clouding. Do you guys also see such behavior.

Last edited:
Yes the combination has to be entered when the TV is off (Connected to Power socket but switched off through remote). In this state you start the sequence. It works on this model.

Another question. I checked the prices of extended warranty (+2 years) on 55 inches model in Sony Website. It is quoted as 12.5k. I remember seeing 7.5k some time back. Has anyone taken the extended warranty for their TV. I think it is too pricey now.

Also I get white patches on the corners in my TV as if there are white LEDs on the corner. It comes up when I switch on the TV and goes off as soon as some image comes up. I googled and found that it is called clouding. Do you guys also see such behavior.

You mean white patches on the 4 corners right?
I too have it on my TV.
I think it has to do with the Picture settings.
Cause, when i watch movies, if there is a dark scene or a black screen, no patch can be seen. Once i switch off the content, i am able to see it.
It is more noticable for me during gaming, where i use the default game original settings without any tweaking.

You mean white patches on the 4 corners right?
I too have it on my TV.
I think it has to do with the Picture settings.
Cause, when i watch movies, if there is a dark scene or a black screen, no patch can be seen. Once i switch off the content, i am able to see it.
It is more noticable for me during gaming, where i use the default game original settings without any tweaking.
Thanks. That was eating my head. So looks like it is a common behavior. Did you take the extended warranty for the TV. I feel it is too expensive but not sure about the panel life. In 2 minds basically.

Thanks. That was eating my head. So looks like it is a common behavior. Did you take the extended warranty for the TV. I feel it is too expensive but not sure about the panel life. In 2 minds basically.

Well i have not taken the extended warranty cause going through their disclaimer, i found that almost nothing is covered in the extended warranty and did not seem worth.
But i got 1 year extra free warranty on the pannel from the store i picked up my set.
So in total i have 2 years warranty ;)

Hi Friends,

Purchased 47W800A yesterday - Onam offer @ 89K from Thiruvananthapuram :yahoo:

became so impatient that me and my bro set it up today and still playing with settings..

With all your comments, chekced the usage hours and confirmed it as zero... :clapping:

Will try with the picture setting mentioned in the thread tomorrow...

Regards,
Sree

Hi Friends,

Purchased 47W800A yesterday - Onam offer @ 89K from Thiruvananthapuram :yahoo:

became so impatient that me and my bro set it up today and still playing with settings..

With all your comments, chekced the usage hours and confirmed it as zero... :clapping:

Will try with the picture setting mentioned in the thread tomorrow...

Regards,
Sree
Hi, I got 47w800a few days ago too, may I ask which of the numbers are the usage hour? Is it on the left right bottom corner?
Thanks a lot!!

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back