Sony KDL-55/47/42 W800A - Owners and Aspirants

Guys ... can anybody suggest me some stunning 3D BD movies to watch .... I am also a proud member of W800 club ( with a 47" + BDP S4100 ) and want to observe something out of the world in 3D.... so if anyone has some specific recommendation ......

I'd suggest the Avengers bluray. I fell in love with w800 after watching the clips of this movie.

Use setting referred by Karan in this thread only ... I am following that and the result is awesome ....... here it is for yr ready reference ....

Scene Select: Cinema
Picture Mode:*Cinema 1
Backlight: 9 (Make sure you turn "off" all settings in System Settings/Eco)
Contrast/Picture: 87
Brightness: 50
Colour: 55
Hue: 0
Colour Temperature: Warm 1
Sharpness: 50
Noise Reduction: Off
MPEG Noise Reduction: Off
Dot Noise Reduction: Off
Reality Creation: Off
Smooth Gradation: Off
Motionflow: Clear
Film Mode/Cinema Drive: Auto

Advanced Settings
Black Corrector: Off
Adaptive/Adv. Contrast Enhancer: Low
Gamma: -2
Auto Light Limiter: Off
Clear White: Off
Live Colour: Low
White Balance: Red Gain 0, Green Gain 0, Blue Gain -3, Red Cutoff 0, Green Cutoff 0, Blue Cutoff 0
Detail Enhancer: Off
Edge Enhancer: Off

I have refreshed my settings and posted it in this thread (Pg.3)
Kindly try that.
It is even better :yahoo:

Guys ... can anybody suggest me some stunning 3D BD movies to watch .... I am also a proud member of W800 club ( with a 47" + BDP S4100 ) and want to observe something out of the world in 3D.... so if anyone has some specific recommendation ......

Just google top 3D Blu-ray movies. You should find what you are looking for ;)

Hi friends,

I have also joined the W800 club. Having an amzing experience of owning a top of the line (for me) Sony.

Watched Avatar in 3D with kids and wife-- all were amazed.

Looking forward for more

I wish I was staying in Kerala. So big discounts and freebees... i won't look at grey market in those rates which few of our members have quoted here during Onam season.
I got mine in 65 here (grey)...

Hi, Does anybody have the latest prices for the 46" W800 & W700 at Gaffar in Delhi. Need to pick 1 by Sunday for my house in the north but currently in Mumbai.

I was quoted 68k for the 700 & 78k for the 800.
Thnx!

Hi, Does anybody have the latest prices for the 46" W800 & W700 at Gaffar in Delhi. Need to pick 1 by Sunday for my house in the north but currently in Mumbai.

I was quoted 68k for the 700 & 78k for the 800.
Thnx!

Hey, 78K for 800 is a good buy. As discussed earlier, the grey market rate is 65K. You can buy one and take it to delhi!:eek:hyeah:

No I was quoted 78k as the grey market price for the w800 & 68k for the w700, from someone in Delhi.
Can someone confirm if 65k is the grey price for the w800 in delhi?

No I was quoted 78k as the grey market price for the w800 & 68k for the w700, from someone in Delhi.
Can someone confirm if 65k is the grey price for the w800 in delhi?

Either the grey market is looting or there is some misunderstanding - are you talking about 42W800 or 47W800 - if 47, then 78 is a good price in grey market.

How can you guys risk picking up stuff from the grey market?
Friend or no friend, i personally would never buy stuff from the grey market.
God knows the tweaks they must have done to the set.
Would rather recommend online shopping portals for good discounts.

there are no tweaks buddy. They were just being bought down by carriers & sold here as the price diff was huge up to now.

Not defending the grey market but I've bought a lot of electronics locally both officially & grey as well as imported and to be honest the only problems faced were with a tv from vijay sales & a laptop from croma.

Talking about tweaks, aren't you reading about the umpteen discussions in this forum on demo / display pieces being sold....

there are no tweaks buddy. They were just being bought down by carriers & sold here as the price diff was huge up to now.

Not defending the grey market but I've bought a lot of electronics locally both officially & grey as well as imported and to be honest the only problems faced were with a tv from vijay sales & a laptop from croma.

Talking about tweaks, aren't you reading about the umpteen discussions in this forum on demo / display pieces being sold....

Not only that, but opening the set and replacing parts inside.
God knows what else they do. So best to avoid :)

Does anyone here own the 800 and the 900 series? I need to buy 2 55" and am so confused between te two models any real world users can help me?

Is the 900 model worth the extra premium??

Thanks

I own the 55" 800. I did check the 900 series before narrowing down. But my choice was easier as I wanted a Passive 3D. See the below points and decide for yourself
1. 900 series in the top of line (actually 950 series) of Sony LED 1080p models for 2013
2. It is said to have Sony's VA panel compared to LG's IPS panel in 800 models
3. This panel gives local dimming => deeper blacks (black appears actually black). In W800 it is dark greyish.
4. VA panel is active 3D. Chargeable batteries on the 3D glasses. Some people like me hate active 3D.
5. The IPS panel of 800 is passive 3D (cheap no charge required glasses). It also has wider viewing angles.

In short if you want the best 2D picture with deep blacks and don't mind spending extra for it go for 900. If you want value for money and easier on eyes 3D go for 800

Does anyone here own the 800 and the 900 series? I need to buy 2 55" and am so confused between te two models any real world users can help me?

Is the 900 model worth the extra premium??

Thanks

If money is not an issue for you and you do not mind the hassels that comes with Active 3d, without a doubt you should go for the W950A.

However if you are looking for VFM, Then W800a ;)

Not only that, but opening the set and replacing parts inside.
God knows what else they do. So best to avoid :)

Hey,
Yes, there are risks in buying from grey market, but there are reputed grey market operators as well :D.
The piece which I bought was a proper customs duty paid pence which arrived in Kolkata via Malaysia on 11th (All mentioned on the stamps on the box) and i got it here in Mumbai on 16th. and yeah, like Deepak, I have purchased my Music System also from grey :eek:. Yeah, i might be saving on the taxes - but the import / customs duties were paid :yahoo:

No worries from that perspective. Cheers.

Hey,
Yes, there are risks in buying from grey market, but there are reputed grey market operators as well :D.
The piece which I bought was a proper customs duty paid pence which arrived in Kolkata via Malaysia on 11th (All mentioned on the stamps on the box) and i got it here in Mumbai on 16th. and yeah, like Deepak, I have purchased my Music System also from grey :eek:. Yeah, i might be saving on the taxes - but the import / customs duties were paid :yahoo:

No worries from that perspective. Cheers.

lol ;) Everybody has they own personal opinion and choices :)

Thats good to hear :)
So did you check the usage hours? Was it brand new?
Also are you currently using the PQ settings posted by me or the default TV PQ settings?

hi karan,
Checked and it was brand new...

I am using your settings and other setting combined and getting a satisfied PQ.. still checking out for best resolution..

How can i save a setting and make next setting of setting for watching movies? It will little eye fatigue if watching movies and during room lights off...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back