Sony X90J Netflix app crashing after every 5 MIN

Tgn

Dear FMs

After lots of thinking and soul searching bought the recently launched Sony 65X90J.
Generally pretty happy with the TV but frequently facing the problem of Netflix app crashing after 5 min of starting a show.
Any body faced this issue or have any idea why this is happening?

Using native Netflix app of the TV

I use a Sony TV and have not run into this problem. That said, the Android implementation is average and just like any cheap Android device.

A few things you can do or check;
  • Restart the App within the Netflix App. I think if you go to Help when the Netfix App is open, you can find this option there.
  • Go to the setting of your TV, look for App's and under that find Netflix, go into it and Force Stop the App
  • Go to the setting of your TV, look for App's and under that find Netflix, go into it and Clear Cache
  • Go to the setting of your TV, look for App's and under that find Netflix, go into it and Update the App (If there is an Update available)
  • Do a complete Android system reboot by going into the Setting of the TV. Will take a minute or two.
Points 2 and 3 sort of go hand in hand. Clear the cache first, then Force Stop, exit the Setting Menu and then using the App's button on your remote, fire up Netflix and see if the problem repeats. If it does not solve, then you can try updating the App or rebooting the operating system.

Android TV's atleast on Sony's are a bit cranky. I run into some problem or the other once every 2 or 4 months. Generally minor issues. Nothing major or something that a reboot won't solve.

Also; turn off any power saving and dynamic backlight control.

Enjoy your new TV.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back