Speaker Stands - SoundFoundations

HTPC cases have various provisions for MOBO,power supplies and various PCI cards etc., Custom making these is not feasible especially since PC cases nowadays go as low as for 1000rs
Hence i have never considered these Also the silverstone cases are excellent
i dont think i can better them.In all my builds i beleive i offer something BETTER than what is already out there and once i beleive i cannot better an already existing VFM product in the market i dont bother building

I agree with Magma. The issues with PC cases is that tolerances are very small. A few millimeters here and there, and your card will not fit in. In addition, slot and spaces for literally every part of the PC are pre-defined. With low tolerances, it is only possible to make cases with access to CAD, templates, and lot of testing and modifications before you release the product.

Cabinets for amplifiers are a different matter.

Cheers

help

Hi Alibhai,
Writing like this I know I will catch your attention.
How do I ask the people on hifivision if they know where to acquire a 20A American Type socket high grade audiophile quality.
Someone may have a piece lying around.
Just like I got a cable by mistake, similiarly someone else may have got into the same situation.
So how do I place this question on the forum
Thanks
Suresh

Hello All

Following are a few of the Stands ive built

Granito

The top Slab/plate shown in the pics above are recessed so that
the top nut is flush with the top surface of the top plate
Pics shown are Work in progress pics when recess was NOT
completed

SAL - Alif

SAL - Be

Other than the basic stands above a lot of customisation may be done

Top & Bottom plates/Central pillars made to Materials (SS,AL,MS,Wood etc) and SPecs as per Choice and dimensions

Finish ranging from Matt Buffing, Anodising, to powder coat/Paint and PU coating and sand blasting ( for higher
cost stands)

Top plate Sandwich : weherein the top plate consists of MS or granite plates with Acrylic in between

Inserts on Top plate which can allow speaker levelling.A request is also being looked into where threaded inserts
may be provided to bolt the speaker to the top plate

Cable management

Here is a Centre Channel speaker stand made for a member
His speaker measures about 25inches * 12 inches i think

MSR - Centre

the stand weighs in at 28kgs unfilled ( actually i dont think it needs to be filled at all , though that option has been given )
Its a lovely finish full Matt Black Fine Texture ( sand blasted) finish

I hope to soon post some Bookshelf speaker stands that are made along these lines

Edit : i do the above as a hobby and since i have the means ( machinery equipment and vendors ) . certain friends have adviced i do this for members here.
I would consider that

Update 17th July

Here are Some stands built for members

Please note i have not posted ALL stands i have built for members only the ones that are different so buyers please dont intepret this as partiality

SAL- Alif RND

Here is the vesrion of SAL Alif in a 3 inch Round steel central column
Finish is black matt ( premium sand blast)
Each Stand weighs in at 13-15kgs (approx 30-38 Lbs ) Unfilled

PSB

Here is a stand ive simply called PSB since it closely resembles a stand i saw at lakozy for the PSB B25's. (im sure if dinyaar sees these hell agree that this stand better the one we saw in all aspects)
These are large bookshelves and hence the top plate is larger to accomodate

Built for a customer with the PSB B25's

The base plate is also a lazer cut Trapezoid ( shape "c" i think). Looks pretty cool

AXON SQ

Here is a stand specially designed ground up for a member who wanted somethin that looks good aesthetically and also wanted cable management. The stand has larger than normal base plates and top plates as per requirement

I have selcted shape "d" for the baseplate

The base plate has been lazer cut to dimensions unlike regular milling or manual gas cut. A good amount of work went into this

This shape was chosen as it looks and functions better than all other shapes considering the pillars we have chosen

There is a large square 3 inch column in the front and a 1 inch circular column behind it for the cable management. Hence this shape with a broad front which tapers to the rear matches these column arrangement very well ( large column in front with a smaller one at the back). Also the straight edges in the front match the straight lines of the square column better than shapes which has curved edges

I think this base plate should also match the customers particular speakers which taper off towards the end.

Lastly this shape allows us to keep the CG dead centre which works well for this stand the weight of cable management column offsetting the taper on the base plate

Heres a checklist on stand building you can refer when building your own
Attatched is also a list of prices when ordering for me
(These are tentative and may change with times)

How do I ask the people on hifivision if they know where to acquire a 20A American Type socket high grade audiophile quality.
Just like I got a cable by mistake, similiarly someone else may have got intoo the same situation.
Thanks
Suresh

help

Hi Alibhai,
Writing like this I know I will catch your attention.
Just like I got a cable by mistake, similiarly someone else may have got into the same situation.
Thanks
Suresh

Hello All

Following are a few of the Stands ive built

Granito

The top Slab/plate shown in the pics above are recessed so that
the top nut is flush with the top surface of the top plate
Pics shown are Work in progress pics when recess was NOT
completed

SAL - Alif

SAL - Be

Other than the basic stands above a lot of customisation may be done

Top & Bottom plates/Central pillars made to Materials (SS,AL,MS,Wood etc) and SPecs as per Choice and dimensions

Finish ranging from Matt Buffing, Anodising, to powder coat/Paint and PU coating and sand blasting ( for higher
cost stands)

Top plate Sandwich : weherein the top plate consists of MS or granite plates with Acrylic in between

Inserts on Top plate which can allow speaker levelling.A request is also being looked into where threaded inserts
may be provided to bolt the speaker to the top plate

Cable management

Here is a Centre Channel speaker stand made for a member
His speaker measures about 25inches * 12 inches i think

MSR - Centre

the stand weighs in at 28kgs unfilled ( actually i dont think it needs to be filled at all , though that option has been given )
Its a lovely finish full Matt Black Fine Texture ( sand blasted) finish

I hope to soon post some Bookshelf speaker stands that are made along these lines

Edit : i do the above as a hobby and since i have the means ( machinery equipment and vendors ) . certain friends have adviced i do this for members here.
I would consider that

Update 17th July

Here are Some stands built for members

Please note i have not posted ALL stands i have built for members only the ones that are different so buyers please dont intepret this as partiality

SAL- Alif RND

Here is the vesrion of SAL Alif in a 3 inch Round steel central column
Finish is black matt ( premium sand blast)
Each Stand weighs in at 13-15kgs (approx 30-38 Lbs ) Unfilled

PSB

Here is a stand ive simply called PSB since it closely resembles a stand i saw at lakozy for the PSB B25's. (im sure if dinyaar sees these hell agree that this stand better the one we saw in all aspects)
These are large bookshelves and hence the top plate is larger to accomodate

Built for a customer with the PSB B25's

The base plate is also a lazer cut Trapezoid ( shape "c" i think). Looks pretty cool

AXON SQ

Here is a stand specially designed ground up for a member who wanted somethin that looks good aesthetically and also wanted cable management. The stand has larger than normal base plates and top plates as per requirement

I have selcted shape "d" for the baseplate

The base plate has been lazer cut to dimensions unlike regular milling or manual gas cut. A good amount of work went into this

This shape was chosen as it looks and functions better than all other shapes considering the pillars we have chosen

There is a large square 3 inch column in the front and a 1 inch circular column behind it for the cable management. Hence this shape with a broad front which tapers to the rear matches these column arrangement very well ( large column in front with a smaller one at the back). Also the straight edges in the front match the straight lines of the square column better than shapes which has curved edges

I think this base plate should also match the customers particular speakers which taper off towards the end.

Lastly this shape allows us to keep the CG dead centre which works well for this stand the weight of cable management column offsetting the taper on the base plate

Heres a checklist on stand building you can refer when building your own
Attatched is also a list of prices when ordering for me
(These are tentative and may change with times)

@Suresh Lalwani:
Check this out. DO NOT forget to read through ALL the reviews. I think there's a message in there somewhere.

Here are two more stands developed recently

Both feature Unique lazer cut 1/2 inch thick steel base plates with 3 point spiking.
PCD of spikes is the highest of all stands at 10.5 inches giving this stand good stability
Another big advantage is that being 3 point spiking these stands are pretty much SELF levelling ( you do not need to level them as accurately as 4 point contacts)
Just screw on the spikes to approximation and you're good to go.
One of my favorite single circular pillared stands

Base plate in both stands differ slightly.
I was wondering if you guys can tell me which is more aesthetically pleasing since i dont want to stock up on base plates that are so similar

STARR1

STARR2

thank you for looking

ali,sorry to be reading this thread so late,but...wow.u seem to have really taken this to a new level.beautiful,very classy indeed :clapping:.shall be contacting u for a requirement,trust u will be able to help me.hopefully soon :).keep up the good work,kudos!!!cheers

Beautifully carfted stands, Magma. Especially love the SAL series with the black and white combo. Very elegant. All the best.

Regards,

Sunil

I am planning to make a stand for my Wharf 9.2 bookshelves

@Magma - need help from you

1) How did you join centre pillar with top/bottom plates?
2) Do you have a threaded rod inside the pillar?
3) Could you please share the spike design details?

I am planning to make a stand for my Wharf 9.2 bookshelves

@Magma - need help from you

1) How did you join centre pillar with top/bottom plates?
2) Do you have a threaded rod inside the pillar?
3) Could you please share the spike design details?

a threaded rod inside the column will do as you see on many diy websited

the pro way of doing it is to have 15-20mm threaded caps ( the central pillar is also threaded to accept the caps at both ends
later , point welding is done so the entire column becomes integrally one piece
Lastly a facing cut is done for perfect flatness and to maintain right angles

spike design details for stands are whatever you wish
most of the branded stand manufactureres use a dia 8 or max dia 10 cone which is probably about 15-20mm tall
threads that they use are 1/4 inch or M6

i however use larger spikes

please go through my original granito thread i think there must be some details there

super!
well done
reminds me of the stock warfedale stands - nice

P.S : prash2k01 - has designed and built the stands all by himself.All i did was provide some tech support and the collars and spikes i think.
Its a great effort

Last edited:
i had and still do not want to get into HT
but several requests coerced me into building these

Foundations Surround
One of the heaviest, stable and more rigid surround speaker stands in the market today. Weight capacity 21kgs/speaker. (but you can sit on it if you wish!)
Calculations have been done not only to keep the CG as low as possible but also to have it centered.Note the offest columns.

Top plate is Pure Aluminium

We do not believe in height adjustable stands plainly because we believe couplers for height adjustment do nothing but sacrifice rigidity and stability.
Also we strongly believe that heavier bookshelves unlike satellites should never be mounted on screws using keyhole slots. This does nothing other than degrading sound. Bookshelf surrounds must SIT firmly on the base

An added feature is that this stand is "Sand fillable" (a rare treat in surround stands) and also offers wire management and comes fully equipped with height adjustable carpet spikes

Each stand weighs in close to 7.5 kgs (16lbs) unfilled and stands 40 inches tall and is fully stable at this height too.Pictures can do the talking

Stand belongs to a member here
Detailed pics will be posted only on the soundfoundations website
Stands will soon be available through hifivision

I I am looking for a low budget speaker stands for my energy take classic satellite speakers in Bangalore. Does anyone know a good place to buy them?

I I am looking for a low budget speaker stands for my energy take classic satellite speakers in Bangalore. Does anyone know a good place to buy them?

You can check with Faxtel systems for decent and expensive stands . Or you can check in modern world , they have onkyo branded stands and some brand name Mangalam . :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back