Speakers for Marantz 5006

vkhandelwal

Hi All,
I have just moved from denon to marantz :clapping: and now planning to buy a new pair of speakers for music. I am constructing my house where I would be going for a dedicated stereo setup till then I would be using the maratz receiver for music (due to space constraint).
I have auditioned Quad 11L classic , wharf 9.2 and 10.2 bookshelf along with Jamo C405 and Polkaudio TSI A5.
I liked the sound of Wharf 9.2 and Jamo C405. I think I am more inclined towards warm uncoloured sound.
Wharf dealer tells me that 9.2 is no longer available in india.

Another option is MA BX2 which I have not auditioned.
Please help me selecting right speakers. being in remote location(for Hi-fi equipments) I am relying on advice fro the users here while I reserach more for right speakers.

Thanks,
Vikas
Indore

Vikas, what is your choice of music? among the ones you have listed, the Quads are the better ones but they might sound a little lifeless with certain music like trance or metal.

The MA are again very capable speakers and they would match Marantz quite nicely.

If you are into Ghazals, Hindustani, Western Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock kind of music, the Quads would suit you else I'd suggest MA as they might come across as a bit more versatile.

Among your other choices, you can look at PSB, Paradigm and Epos

Vikas, what is your choice of music? among the ones you have listed, the Quads are the better ones but they might sound a little lifeless with certain music like trance or metal.

The MA are again very capable speakers and they would match Marantz quite nicely.

If you are into Ghazals, Hindustani, Western Classical, Jazz, Classic Rock kind of music, the Quads would suit you else I'd suggest MA as they might come across as a bit more versatile.

Among your other choices, you can look at PSB, Paradigm and Epos

Thanks
I listen to indian music.. easy listening.. piano recordings, instrumentals, ghazals, slow rock etc..
do not listen hard rock, metla etc..
Among , MA. Wharf 9.2 and quad 11l which one do you think is more suitable for above genres?

Thanks
I listen to indian music.. easy listening.. piano recordings, instrumentals, ghazals, slow rock etc..
do not listen hard rock, metla etc..
Among , MA. Wharf 9.2 and quad 11l which one do you think is more suitable for above genres?

Among the three, it has to be Quad 11L.

There's a Lyrita Audio speaker on sale here on HFV, that would also be a great choice for your music but I cannot comment on how it would be when combined with Marantz 5006.

Try paradigm with marantz. Had auditioned the paradigm 11 with marantz 5006. Sounded fab to me.
Wharf diamond 9 series no longer available with vector, had been there last week.
All the best.

Last edited:
Now since wharf 9.2 is not available does monitor audio BR 2 sounds better than 9.2. How does it compare with MA BX 2 and quad 12l?
If I have to choose from following bookshelves
Ms aviano
MA BR 2
MA BX 2
Quad 12l

Thanks for your suggestions

Now since wharf 9.2 is not available does monitor audio BR 2 sounds better than 9.2. How does it compare with MA BX 2 and quad 12l?
Ms aviano
MA BR 2
MA BX 2
Quad 12l

This has become marantz 5006 discussion thread .. :) please someone help me with the feedback of above speakers.

I have not heard quad, but MS - Aviano I had demo, but some how I liked Wharf 9.2 (its totally my view, I dont know what aviano's/whar'f plus and minus). In MS, you have mezzo series also, have a demo of that.

Ms aviano
MA BR 2
MA BX 2
Quad 12l

One of the MA or Quad.

IMHO, MS and Wharfs are not in the same league as these...

Looks like for now I have to go for quad or Monitor audio. will decide after I have a audition for the options from these brnads. will check B&w and other options when i plan to have a dedicated stereo setup.

Thanks all for your help!

-vikas

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back