Step-Down transformer 220V to 100V in Delhi/NCR

dakota

Hi FMs,

I am looking for a step-down transformer for an AVR purchased from Japan preferably in Delhi/NCR. Based on recommendations on similar posts in the past, I have been trying to get in touch with Delta Transformers, Kirti Nagar, but they neither pick up calls nor respond on Whatsapp. Are there any other options for folks in Delhi/NCR region?

PS - I also contacted Shah Electronics (Maxine) but their quote for a 1kW transformer with one 100V output slot was relatively high (₹ 8200). Hence looking for local options.

For good transformers of 1 kw, it will cost you around the same to my mind.

Hi FMs,

I am looking for a step-down transformer for an AVR purchased from Japan preferably in Delhi/NCR. Based on recommendations on similar posts in the past, I have been trying to get in touch with Delta Transformers, Kirti Nagar, but they neither pick up calls nor respond on Whatsapp. Are there any other options for folks in Delhi/NCR region?

PS - I also contacted Shah Electronics (Maxine) but their quote for a 1kW transformer with one 100V output slot was relatively high (₹ 8200). Hence looking for local options.
Maxine's step down transformers last long, i am using it for more than 10 years still works good.

Good luck with your search.

For good transformers of 1 kw, it will cost you around the same to my mind.
Ok. I read an older post where an FM purchased a 3kW Maxine step-down transformer for the same price..Maybe it was a very old post and prices have increased significantly since then.

You need a 240V to 100V. India's standard is 415V three phase and 240V single phase.

Transformers are static devices unless you overload or short them. They last for years and years just like those in our grandpa's valve radio. Make sure there is no undue hum when switched on - loose laminations lead to overheating and burnouts.

Last edited:
You need a 240V to 100V. India's standard is 415V three phase and 240V single phase.

Transformers are static devices unless you overload or short them. They last for years and years just like those in our grandpa's valve radio. Make sure there is no undue hum when switched on - loose laminations lead to overheating and burnouts.
@Subbu68 All the transformers I have found so far have 220V as the input voltage. A shop in Delhi even suggested me to purchase a 110V transformer even though my AVR expects a 100V input. Does this difference of 10/20V in the input/output matter?

@Subbu68 All the transformers I have found so far have 220V as the input voltage. A shop in Delhi even suggested me to purchase a 110V transformer even though my AVR expects a 100V input. Does this difference of 10/20V in the input/output matter?
It is a misunderstanding that India's voltage for consumers is 220V single phase. It is legacy voltage. It used to be 230V.

It is 415V 3 phase that translates into 240V single phase with a tolerance of +/- 10%.

For transformers it is simple ratio of primary and secondary voltages. If you get a 220V/100V transformer voltage ratio is 220/100 = 2.2 and apply 240V to it and the output is 240/2.2 is 109V. This is 9% more than the rated voltage of your amp. Running continuously at that level may not be good in the long run.

Hi FMs,

I got a quality transformer from Aulten, my requirement was for USA product, so had a long chat with Aulten executive, just to confirm the product compatibility and quality, they are very good at providing resolution and transformer quality is excellent.
You can contact Aulten voltage converters at 9811597709, you can chat with them on Whatsapp also.
Hope this helps,
Regards

I have to get a 100V step down transformer for my AVR YAMAHA RX-V4A, bought from Tokyo, Japan. I see an option from Maxine (attached screenshot). The product description (attached screenshot), says conversion ratio is 2:1 according to which 220V will not translate to 100V. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I got a custom stepdown transformer from a vendor who supplies to my office. He misheard me and provided 220V to 110V transformer (instead of 100V). He says 110V is good for 100V electrical equipments. I got the output voltage measured at local electrician for the custom step down transformer. The output was 120V.

Not sure if I should order the Maxine one.
Also, I am scared to connect the AVR to 120V supply.

Which transformer did you opt for?
Please share your experience with it.Screenshot_20230120-174327~2.pngScreenshot_20230120-174344~2.png

The thread was not conclusive so reached out to @dakota via 1:1 message. He is ok with me sharing his feedback on the Maxine step down transformer he is using. Below would help other FMs make decision.

Attached is the actual image of the Maxine step down transformer being used with an AVR bought from Japan which operates @100V.

In his own words:
"working fine, it stays cool even after hours of use and there is no humming noise, have been using for more than 2 months"

The transformer was purchased from amazon

Screenshot_20230123-232716~2.png

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back