Subwoofer recommendation

aeroash

Hello folks!

I recently purchased the QAcoustics 3050i along with the 3090Ci.
Speaker placement has been tuned for good stereo imaging.

The speakers are simply fabulous for movies! But the floorstanders are boomy and muddy for music. No amount of pulling them away from the wall has solved the bass booming problem.

I'm now considering adding a subwoofer to tighten the bass response for music.

My preference would be for tight bass and not loud thundering bass. What would be my best subwoofer options to achieve this?
A sealed sub option like the SVS SB1000?

Room Size: 17x14

A sealed subwoofer is considered relatively better for music.
Look for rythmik L12 at almost same price range of svs SB 1000.
L12 is comparable to sb2000 and is very good both of music as well as ht.

A sealed subwoofer is considered relatively better for music.
Look for rythmik L12 at almost same price range of svs SB 1000.
L12 is comparable to sb2000 and is very good both of music as well as ht.

Thanks @Kumar442244!
I have no way of auditioning any speakers here in Mangalore. I have to just go by recommendations. I'll certainly keep the rythmik as an option. How about the QAcoustics QB12? Recently launched sealed sub. Not enough reviews online

Thanks @Kumar442244!
I have no way of auditioning any speakers here in Mangalore. I have to just go by recommendations. I'll certainly keep the rythmik as an option. How about the QAcoustics QB12? Recently launched sealed sub. Not enough reviews online
Specs looks decent but m afraid I don't hv any experience of QA subwoofer.
I can personally vouch for rythmik.

If you are primarily looking to tighten bass for music purpose consider REL Ti series.
Assuming it is in your budget.
The high level connection works quite well.
Have one at home and have tried it with 2 amps and 2 sets of speakers.
Cheers,
Raghu

Hello folks!

I recently purchased the QAcoustics 3050i along with the 3090Ci.
Speaker placement has been tuned for good stereo imaging.

The speakers are simply fabulous for movies! But the floorstanders are boomy and muddy for music. No amount of pulling them away from the wall has solved the bass booming problem.

I'm now considering adding a subwoofer to tighten the bass response for music.

My preference would be for tight bass and not loud thundering bass. What would be my best subwoofer options to achieve this?
A sealed sub option like the SVS SB1000?

Room Size: 17x14

If you are finding the fronts boomy then pls run audyssey in case if your receiver supports it. With the Audyssey phone app from the app store ( Rs. 1600/- chargeable) you will get more control. Not sure if the SB 1000 will suffice for the room size, although 2 of them should be enough. You can always try with one first.
If you are look for a sub primarily for music then a sealed would do . But the SB 1000 may not give you the desired spl for movies in case if you plan to use that for movies too. You may have to climb up the SVS chain. Rythmik, Rel, XTZ 10 ( can be used in sealed or ported mode) & SVS are all good subwoofer options. The older SVS 2000 series may become cheaper since the new 2000 pro series is just out. If on a budget then the Bic pl 200 ii also has got good reviews but not sure about port tuning options.

Last edited:
If you are primarily looking to tighten bass for music purpose consider REL Ti series.
Assuming it is in your budget.
The high level connection works quite well.
Have one at home and have tried it with 2 amps and 2 sets of speakers.
Cheers,
Raghu
I wouldn't want to spend more than 70k for the sub, for now.

If you are finding the fronts boomy then pls run audyssey in case if your receiver supports it. With the Audyssey phone app from the app store ( Rs. 1600/- chargeable) you will get more control. Not sure if the SB 1000 will suffice for the room size, although 2 of them should be enough. You can always try with one first.
If you are look for a sub primarily for music then a sealed would do . But the SB 1000 may not give you the desired spl for movies in case if you plan to use that for movies too. You may have to climb up the SVS chain. Rythmik, Rel, XTZ 10 ( can be used in sealed or ported mode) & SVS are all good subwoofer options. The older SVS 2000 series may become cheaper since the new 2000 pro series is just out. If on a budget then the Bic pl 200 ii also has got good reviews but not sure about port tuning options.
The Audyssey on my Denon X1000 is broken. The mic seems to be working. After the last firmware update the damn thing is giving an error. Says ' Mic or speakers not found'.
Will start with Just the one sub for now.
XTZ has been on my mind.
Ideally, wouldn't want to spend more than 70k.

I would stay away from q acoustics Subwoofers if performance is my main criteria.
The slim subwoofers from QA haven't had the best reviews. Their new sub the QB12 is huge, dimensions wise, looks intriguing. I wish someone has tested them.

Specs looks decent but m afraid I don't hv any experience of QA subwoofer.
I can personally vouch for rythmik.
Thanks!
What could be the best price for a Rythmik?

You are right though, Audyssey could've sorted out the issue. I'm in a bind here without the audyssey.

For 70k range, look no further than rythmik L12.
Awesome. Could you suggest me some dealers to get a good deal on this sub?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Audyssey on my Denon X1000 is broken. The mic seems to be working. After the last firmware update the damn thing is giving an error. Says ' Mic or speakers not found'.
Will start with Just the one sub for now.
XTZ has been on my mind.
Ideally, wouldn't want to spend more than 70k.

When Audyssey is updated over the wifi on your receiver you may need a continuous unbroken internet connection or the receiver may hang. Best is to take a pen drive to the dealer and ask him for the update which is what I do for the Marantz.
Try resetting your receiver. The app only requires a mic & you can send the file to the receiver over the phone once it recognises it on the network . Both your phone & the receiver should be on the same internet connection.

When Audyssey is updated over the wifi on your receiver you may need a continuous unbroken internet connection or the receiver may hang. Best is to take a pen drive to the dealer and ask him for the update which is what I do for the Marantz.
Try resetting your receiver. The app only requires a mic & you can send the file to the receiver over the phone once it recognises it on the network . Both your phone & the receiver should be on the same internet connection.
My receiver has no WiFi. Connects with a LAN cable. I have tried resetting the receiver, did not solve the issue. The Audyssey app does not support my receiver, unfortunately.

My receiver has no WiFi. Connects with a LAN cable. I have tried resetting the receiver, did not solve the issue. The Audyssey app does not support my receiver, unfortunately.

Oh ok that's unfortunate. The app is supported by receivers only by certain models which can be found on the Denon site or Audyssey site.

I have my heart set on the Yamaha V685 to sort out the room correction, the Yamaha would also be a good match for the warm nature of the QAcoustics.
Waiting on a good enough deal for the Rythmik L12.

Have any of you switched over from a Denon to a Yamaha AVR? What has been your experience?

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back