Suggestions :: CA Azur 351a, Marantz PM 5005 or 6005 ?

CDs as well as downloaded content..both. I'll have to shell out 12-13K more for CD-6005 as compared to CD-5005,..just for usb and enhanced circuitry (as they say).
CD-6005 is 1.6 Kg heavier than 5005.

JFYI, but you have probably already noted, that the CD 6005 has the CS4398 DAC, while the 5005 has a cirrus logic CS4392.

Oh and that is the same DAC in the PM 6005.

ciao
gr

JFYI, but you have probably already noted, that the CD 6005 has the CS4398 DAC, while the 5005 has a cirrus logic CS4392.

sorry i am not able to understand as u said "while the 5005 has..." Obviously both have same DAC. I do not get your point here..apologies.

Marantz CD-6005 is powered by "Fidelity Audio C3 Low jitter Premium Clock" making its top end more detailed or airy. Also bass extends a bit lower.
Now this can be a reason why some critics & owners have expressed that this CD player has a tinge of sparkle.The critics may refrain from calling it bright, considering the mellow and sweet nature of Marantz CD players, alteast until CD-6004. I worry if this new league of CDP by Marantz may not be as mellow.

Last edited:
Got a chance to listen CA-651A, with Dali Zensor-7. Dont know why it sounded like crap!!. All I could hear was ordinary sound.
I don't recall any difference in 351-A sound (that i auditioned 10 days back) as compared to 651-A. Same place, same set up, same speakers, same me ;)

The question is Why?

If time permits try the Rotel RA 10. I bought one recently after listening to Marantz 6005, Yamaha as 500, denon 510, Nad d 3020, definitive technology w amp and even higher end amps like Arcam fmj a 19 and audio lab 8200a. The Rotel is in a different league and drives floor standers easily at 9 o clock volume which is really loud. Just below the Rotel is the W Amp- awesome power with dts play fi technology. Again this is subjective but do listen to more amps.

Thaught additional 13k will provide usb input,hefty power supply, better audio clock circuitry with shotkey diodes..heavier chasis for curbing vibration etc. and its 1.6 kg heavier than 5005.
He he...actually except usb..all bells and whistles are to reassure myself..

...It's the choice of the additionaL, exact same DAC on the amp I was curious about..
Wanted to go for 6005 only..and it comes w/ same DAC (as that of CDP)..its duplication..but I decided amp first and then cdp.

But felt that its very tough to demo everything you shortlist..in bangalore.
Could have had Rotel 10-A demo..I wish.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back