Suggestions for AVR under 1L

Rajkumars

Am planning to upgrade my AVR .... budget under 1L

It should have Atmos & DTS X Capabilities & bypass 4K 60fps, HDR10 (10-bit) video ..... & should be able to play movies and music pretty well ( no compromise :) )

My Setup :

Front : Wharfedale 225
Rear : Wharfedale 220
Center : Wharfedale 220c
Subwoofer : Rythmik LV12F

will add overhead speakers later .....

More towards music use then Cambridge Audio or Marantz or NAD

More towards movies then Denon or Pioneer

Equal use for both movies and music....Yamaha

Read the owner threads for feedback and reviews available on HFV.....

It should have Atmos & DTS X Capabilities & bypass 4K 60fps, HDR10 (10-bit) video ..... & should be able to play movies and music pretty well ( no compromise :) )

My Setup :

Front : Wharfedale 225
Rear : Wharfedale 220
Center : Wharfedale 220c
Subwoofer : Rythmik LV12F

will add overhead speakers later .....
The best I can think of under 1L is marantz 6013 or 12. 6013 retails at 1.2L May be u can negotiate for 1L. 6012 if stocks available u can get it less then 1L. Then the denon 3500, Yamaha 685 nd marantz 5013 If 7 channels is enough

I recon you can easily get a new Marantz SR7012 if any dealer still has the stock , also 6013 for under 1 lac is quite possible as 6014 is going to be launched in few months(july end)

I got a NAD 757V3 a few months back, highly recommended but would surely be higher than the budget of 1lakh can be negotiated around 1.25l. It has a 11.1 preamp but has only 7 power amps so you would need to employ external amps to a run a full scale 7.1.4 setup. Further it also has DIRAC room correction which is awesome. Just throwing another AVR into the mix and adding to the confusion :) . Well for music and movies this AVR is hard to beat.

No Audyssey in Yamaha :(

If you prefer Audyssey, then Denon & Marantz are the only choices..

If you want to settle for an AVR with 2 overheads, then Denon x 3300 / Marantz 5013, both 5.1.2 capable..

If you prefer a more expansive layout 5.1.4 (or) 7.1.4, with addional power amplifier, then you may consider Marantz SR 6013 / Denon x 4500 / Onkyo TX RZ 730 all of them 7.1.4 capable..

IMO, You can go for any SR series of marantz avrs as per output you need, these are good for movies and music too. If possible, take demo first before shooting the bullet.

Marantz 6013. Bought a few months ago. A very resolving AV unit. Highly recommend!
Marantz sr6013 has better power than earlier 6 series.6013 has 710w power whereas earlier it was 680w for atmos models.sr6013 has same power supply as sr7013 l guess.

I got a NAD 757V3 a few months back, highly recommended but would surely be higher than the budget of 1lakh can be negotiated around 1.25l. It has a 11.1 preamp but has only 7 power amps so you would need to employ external amps to a run a full scale 7.1.4 setup. Further it also has DIRAC room correction which is awesome. Just throwing another AVR into the mix and adding to the confusion :) . Well for music and movies this AVR is hard to beat.
l guess same that NAD's speaker handling is better than marantz for similar wattage by some margin.Decision can be taken by audition.

Did you get it locally ? from which dealer?

I have lived with the Marantz SR6013 for about 4 weeks and highly recommend it.
The AV processing is excellent.
Especially the up-mixing (Neural) for overhead speakers is so good that on comparison with native Atmos, I honestly could not make out the difference.

My only beef with it is in the power department and that's because (a) my spakers require a lot of juice to shine, (b) I like to play at slightly higher than reference level and (c) I'm using all 9 channels, ie all the power amps in the AVR.
I have added a power amp to the front LCR which has not only affected the sound of those speakers but improved the output of the remaining ones as well.
If you have speakers which are not power hungry or if you are going with a 5.1 setup then you should be fine.

I have lived with the Marantz SR6013 for about 4 weeks and highly recommend it.
The AV processing is excellent.
Especially the up-mixing (Neural) for overhead speakers is so good that on comparison with native Atmos, I honestly could not make out the difference.

My only beef with it is in the power department and that's because (a) my spakers require a lot of juice to shine, (b) I like to play at slightly higher than reference level and (c) I'm using all 9 channels, ie all the power amps in the AVR.
I have added a power amp to the front LCR which has not only affected the sound of those speakers but improved the output of the remaining ones as well.
If you have speakers which are not power hungry or if you are going with a 5.1 setup then you should be fine.

I would completely agree with this. I have a older marantz SR6011. Iam running a 5.1.4 out of it. And except music, I watch all movies upmixed into neural dts-x
Sounds better than native atmos to me. Even I listen at high volume levels, depending on mode from 75 to 84 dB at most times. I find the marantz working at these levels with my 90db sensitive speakers. Tried adding a external amp, it didn't seem to make any difference. So ditched that idea and went for one box less.

Marantz SR6013 looks little more powerful than SR6011.
SR6011 has 680W powersupply.
SR6013 come with 710W PSU.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back