Suggestions for new 85" tv.

jappel2

Moving, need a new TV, Money is important but not the end of the world. Looking at QN90a/ or Sony, possibly LG.
Do a LOT of streaming, and Kodi. PC games also.
Interested in opinions regarding "real world viewing", not the demos you see in Best Buy (they all look great).
You tube info/reviews videos are so mixed it's confusing - VA panel, IPS panel? Etc. Tv will be in a well lit living room, and i'm retired so it'll get it's workout.
Thanks.

Moving, need a new TV, Money is important but not the end of the world. Looking at QN90a/ or Sony, possibly LG.
Interested in opinions regarding "real world viewing", not the demos you see in Best Buy (they all look great).
You tube info/reviews videos are so mixed it's confusing - VA panel, IPS panel? Etc. Tv will be in a well lit living room, and i'm retired so it'll get it's workout.
Thanks.
Sir, you mentioned Best Buy and also 85 inch. FM members here are mostly Indian(99%), from Asia Pacific and sometimes Europe and even the rich ones here, are mostly shy of the 85 inch category as our regions have quite inhibitive pricing on large tv's. The brand actually tested/owned in this range doesn't exist there so any recommendations will be copy pasted or based on gut feel. Reddit or Avsforums will be better to post your query and get real suggestions imho.85 inches quite often get different panels than the sizes below for many brands so it's better to ask one with experience.
And yes we are jealous of the prices at which you get yours :), do enjoy your purchase and retirement.

Thanks.
At ShopatSC.com which is Sony center's official website (exclusive brand distributor of Sony) you can get an 85" 8000h(2020 model) for Rs.4,04,990 or the 85" 8000J(latest model) for Rs.4,74,990. This may meet your demand. It is usually an ips display but has a wider viewing angle and has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. It's 75" higher end VA FALD model 75" 90J with XR picture processor claimed to be the best picture processor around will cost you just Rs.303990. This is better bargain as costs you a lakh less plus better picture quality for 10" of lesser screen size.

At ShopatSC.com which is Sony center's official website (exclusive brand distributor of Sony) you can get an 85" 8000h(2020 model) for Rs.4,04,990 or the 85" 8000J(latest model) for Rs.4,74,990. This may meet your demand. It is usually an ips display but has a wider viewing angle and has Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. It's 75" higher end VA FALD model 75" 90J with XR picture processor claimed to be the best picture processor around will cost you just Rs.303990. This is better bargain as costs you a lakh less plus better picture quality for 10" of lesser screen size.
He is from Florida.
Thanks.
I suggest you head to Avsforums. Also I suggest looking at 77 inch OLED

Last edited by a moderator:
You can get the 75" X9500H for much cheaper than the 75" X9000J though. Unless you need 4k 120Hz input, I don't really see the laughable 3 lakh asking price for 90J making any sense.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back