Suggestions on BIC America F12

I really wonder how a product which is sold for Rs 38,000/- in the market can be given for such an uncomparable price? It is sold for 25,000/-

The pictures show that it's a 110V version and specifications don't mention about voltage. It makes perfect sense for an US product sold at $212 to be sold at 25k in India...[emoji23]

Please check with the Indian voltage compatibility or you need to buy a Step-down converter??

The pictures show that it's a 110V version and specifications don't mention about voltage. It makes perfect sense for an US product sold at $212 to be sold at 25k in India...[emoji23]

Please check with the Indian voltage compatibility or you need to buy a Step-down converter??

As per Pro Audio, Product will run on 220V and has been imported in that way only. The pictures uploaded by them have been taken from internet. I have asked him to upload the pictures of the actual product they have with them.

Last edited:
I really wonder how a product which is sold for Rs 38,000/- in the market can be given for such an uncomparable price? It is sold for 25,000/-

Meanwhile, I too have spoken to the marketing manager Mr. Akshay. He said this sub is being launched by ProHomeAudio for the first time and he said the sub is configured to work for Indian power supply (220 volts).

If you have more details about the seller, please share.

Meanwhile, I too have spoken to the marketing manager Mr. Akshay. He said this sub is being launched by ProHomeAudio for the first time and he said the sub is configured to work for Indian power supply (220 volts).

If you have more details about the seller, please share.

That's what he told me too.

So what's the suggestion. Should we go for it?

I am also planning for a Bic America F-12. Is there any dealer in Kolkata. Don't think so....any information guys...!!!

That's what he told me too.

So what's the suggestion? Should we go for it?

The way the ProHomeAudio guys spoke to me was very welcoming and supportive. Also, they are into BIC world in India officially so they should take care of their BIC customers well. They have 70% and above positive reviews in Google.

I am going for it tomorrow, I am taking the risk here but I guess things will go well. It is well with in my budget, 12" sub, 150 RMS and has all that I wanted.

My only concern is the voltage. They promise it is 220V but they are new to BIC; not sure whether they would verify the 220V compatibility before sending us.

Is there a way it can be tested before we plug in it? If we plug in and if it is 110V, it will fuse.

Last edited:
I am also planning for a Bic America F-12. Is there any dealer in Kolkata. Don't think so....any information guys...!!!

I don't know about Kolkata. But this subwoofer is sold in Bangalore and Mumbai. In Bangalore it is priced at 38K, in ProHomeAudio it is 25,5K with 5 years warranty (from the seller)and being couriered in FedEx.

Hi

My sub was from Avenue Sound and before it was given to me, it was tweaked by them from 110v to 220v...no issues till date.

If Pro Audio is doing the same and providing the same guarantee....make sure you have all confirmations taken on mail, should there be a dispute later...then go ahead...its a steal price....

Is there a way it can be tested before we plug in it? If we plug in and if it is 110V, it will fuse.

If they promise, most likely they would be shipping 220V version only. Before placing the order make sure with them they ship 220V and not 110V else you will return the product and claim full refund.

110V can be used with a step down stabilizer, in that case the performance of the subwoofer will decrease substantially. I would never go for a 110V in the first place.

Hi

My sub was from Avenue Sound and before it was given to me, it was tweaked by them from 110v to 220v...no issues till date.

If Pro Audio is doing the same and providing the same guarantee....make sure you have all confirmations taken on email, should there be a dispute later...then go ahead...it's a steal price....

Considering its price only, I am going for it. As you suggested, I will get all the confirmation by email before I place an order.

But is there a way it can be tested to assure its 220V before we start using it?

If they promise, most likely they would be shipping 220V version only. Before placing the order make sure with them they ship 220V and not 110V else you will return the product and claim a full refund.

110V can be used with a step-down stabilizer, in that case, the performance of the subwoofer will decrease substantially. I would never go for an 110V in the first place.

The subwoofer circuit has a jumper to switch between 110V to 220V. I guess the product that is sent to India should be made compatible with Indian power standards before they are shipped from the manufacturer.

I am attaching the PDF of how to change the voltage settings in the subwoofer circuit.

Last edited:
The subwoofer circuit has a jumper to switch between 110V to 220V. I guess the product that is sent to India should be made compatible with Indian power standards before they are shipped from the manufacturer.

Sriram, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Waiting for your reviews then may order one for me, meanwhile waiting for some preferred sellers to have Taga SW-10 in stock again :)

BIC F-12 received some rave reviews on other AV forums and Amazon.

Sriram, I am keeping my fingers crossed. Waiting for your reviews then may order one for me, meanwhile waiting for some preferred sellers to have Taga SW-10 in stock again :)

BIC F-12 received some rave reviews on other AV forums and Amazon.

My suggestion would be, stick with Taga SW-10 instead of mixing two different subwoofers (Taga and BIC).

Once I make the order, it takes about 4 to 6 days to reach me. I can tell how it is going to be only after that.

My suggestion would be, stick with Taga SW-10 instead of mixing two different subwoofers (Taga and BIC).

Once I make the order, it takes about 4 to 6 days to reach me. I can tell how it is going to be only after that.

May be you could get the SW-10 from Jamsticks, Bangalore.

The owner is Mr. Vikram. You should talk to him, he can get it for you and send it by air.

The way the ProHomeAudio guys spoke to me was very welcoming and supportive. Also, they are into BIC world in India officially so they should take care of their BIC customers well. They have 70% and above positive reviews in Google.

I am going for it tomorrow, I am taking the risk here but I guess things will go well. It is well with in my budget, 12" sub, 150 RMS and has all that I wanted.

My only concern is the voltage. They promise it is 220V but they are new to BIC; not sure whether they would verify the 220V compatibility before sending us.

I will also, likely, go for it within a day or two. Although I started searching for a sub under 20K but the specs and pricing of BIC F-10 are hard to resist.

Good Luck to you, me and all.:eek:hyeah:

I will also, likely, go for it within a day or two. Although I started searching for a sub under 20K but the specs and pricing of BIC F-10 are hard to resist.

Good Luck to you, me and all.:eek:hyeah:

I already tested my 5.0 setup, it is good. It requires some repositioning of the speakers which I will do over the weekend.

I guess if we place the order either tomorrow or day after, with FedEx, it should reach before the weekend.

Last edited:
I already tested my 5.0 setup, it is good. It requires some repositioning of the speakers which I will do over the weekend.

I guess if we place the order either tomorrow or day after, with FedEx, it should reach before the weekend.

I also hope to get it by weekend. I will be placing the order tomorrow if all goes well.

I asked the seller via Amazon about the working voltage. And they have replied "All BIC America product we have in India is 240-volt version".

I also hope to get it by the weekend. I will be placing the order tomorrow if all goes well.

I asked the seller via Amazon about the working voltage. And they have replied, "All BIC America product we have in India is 240-volt version".

Awesome to hear!! That will be really good for us.

Last edited:
All the best for those who have ordered the BIC F12.....you will not regret it...

I spoke to Pro Audio and they seem to be a legitimate dealer located in Belapur Navi Mumbai....

I am seriously considering to purchase the PL200.....it is a killer sub to have at the price quoted....i am also simultaneously checking with BIC America USA their list of dealers which is still being updated on their website...last i recall that Avenue Sound was listed....i am seeking an email confirmation from them...this would take time....

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back