Suggestions on BIC America F12

All the best for those who have ordered the BIC F12.....you will not regret it...

I spoke to Pro Audio and they seem to be a legitimate dealer located in Belapur Navi Mumbai....

I am seriously considering to purchase the PL200.....it is a killer sub to have at the price quoted....i am also simultaneously checking with BIC America USA their list of dealers which is still being updated on their website...last i recall that Avenue Sound was listed....i am seeking an email confirmation from them...this would take time....

Could you tell in what sense PL200 is better than F12? The only reason I am avoiding PL200 is the cone is pure white (not the silver).:D It would sound silly but in my home, it is prone to easily get dirty. Is it good for a 16 X 10 hall?

May be your thoughts would help me to reconsider it. But it's a bit pricey in Pro Home Audio and over my budget.

Last edited:
Hi

The PL200 houses a continuous 250watts amp which peaks close to 800/1000

The F12 uses a 175watts amp which peaks at 450/500

The H100ii i use has a yellow cone...it is 175watts amp but good enough....PL200 would be better...

@efernand1: F12 has an option to select receiver type viz Pro Logic Vs Digital 5.1/7.1 whereas PL 200 does not this option.

How is it going to create a difference?

Hi Friends,

Finally I have placed the order for BIC America F-12 from ProAudioHome.

Waiting time starts..to receive the product.:)

And approval from Home Ministry is still pending.:lol:

Awesome Amit. Glad to hear! You will enjoy your subwoofer for sure. It will rock with your YAMAHA receiver! :clapping:

I am considering the word of @efernand1 on PL200.

Finalizing it tomorrow or day after from the same seller ProHomeAudio. :thumbsup:

@efernand1: F12 has an option to select receiver type viz Pro Logic Vs Digital 5.1/7.1 whereas PL 200 does not this option.

How is it going to create a difference?

I am kind of curious as to how it will have an impact on the sound quality. May be Amit can give us idea after he receives his LFE.

The same feature is missing in PL200 but has "Cross Over OUT / IN" switch to let the user decide whether to control the cross over through the AVR or in the sub itself. (Image attached)

OUT - Setting cross over in AVR
IN - Let the sub circuit decide the cross over from the knob

Attachments

• PL200.jpg
    PL200.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
@ pranjandas

I have the same switch on the H100ii and honestly it does not make much difference....the avrs we use today are Digital through LFE....so no concerns....

the PL series of BIC America is one of their hallmark series...hence the recommendations..

All the best for those who have ordered the BIC F12.....you will not regret it...

I spoke to Pro Audio and they seem to be a legitimate dealer located in Belapur Navi Mumbai....

I am seriously considering to purchase the PL200.....it is a killer sub to have at the price quoted....i am also simultaneously checking with BIC America USA their list of dealers which is still being updated on their website...last i recall that Avenue Sound was listed....i am seeking an email confirmation from them...this would take time....

Confirmed with BIC by email. Prestine Note / ProHomeAudio is the official distributors for INDIA for BIC America products! :clapping:

Last edited:
Awesome Amit. Glad to hear! You will enjoy your subwoofer for sure. It will rock with your YAMAHA receiver! :clapping:

I am considering the word of @efernand1 on PL200.

Finalizing it tomorrow or day after from the same seller ProHomeAudio. :thumbsup:

Pro Audio guy also suggested me for the same - PL200. Its definitely step ahead of F12. But its out of my budget. I already stretched from 15K to 25K just considering the suggestion of having Powerful Sub and enjoying it in low to mid volume, instead of cranking up to full volume in a low powered Sub. Thanks a lot @eferand1.

I am just thinking that I started to look for pre owned Sub and found one in OLX(JBL 8 inch Sub)@Rs. 7K only and almost made my mind to get it and today I bought BIC F-12 @ Rs.25K. Amazing...Haha.

If not F-12, then I would have gone for Yamaha SW-315. Its also one of the most trusted Sub from Yamaha as per reviews and ratings on Internet. But the pricing of F-12 and suggestion from FM eferand1 made me change my decision.

Thanks a lot to all for guiding me to take a right decision. I think F-12 is the best we can get in 25K.

And of course thanks to ProAudioHome too for providing us a world class product in a very reasonable price.

Maybe a bit late in reading this but I have bought a FiiO product from Proaudio. I had a very satisfying experience with them. I had an issue with the product which was sorted out very quickly.

@sriram sir, please give us a good review about Prohomeaudio service, when you get the delivery. And later the product review is also expected :eek:hyeah:

@sriram sir, please give us a good review about Prohomeaudio service, when you get the delivery. And later the product review is also expected :eek:hyeah:

I will do for sure. I am going for PL200 and pooling some more money to my budget.

The guys at PAH are legitimate and very customer centric. I have spoken to Mr. Sagar who is the product manager yesterday. He is very approachable and understands what we are looking for. PAH is expanding their business and yielding lots of brands for online sale at a discounted price.

They are looking for promising customers and working towards selling products and giving after sales service. I am articulating all these from my conversation with them yesterday.

I am 1200km away from Mumbai and relying on their words and going for the subwoofer. Nevertheless, they are official BIC distributors for INDIA, so I am sure it will be trustworthy.

Taga brand one of them. As per PAH, paper formalities over with Taga and they are about to roll out their speaker line up.

Great news. Please give us a update if you get any news on the taga roll out.
Also is there any one who have bought from PAH so far in this forum?

Confirmed with BIC by email. Prestine Note / ProHomeAudio is the official distributors for INDIA for BIC America products! :clapping:

Great news. Please give us a update if you get any news on the taga roll out.
Also is there any one who have bought from PAH so far in this forum?

I have ordered BIC F-12 yesterday. They are good in taking care of their customers and new queries. That's what I was able to feel while communicating with them.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back