Suggestions on BIC America F12

I am looking forward to use two subwoofers for my HT set up. My AVR is Pioneer VSX 1131 and the other sub is Taga Platinum SW-10. The prices of SW 10 have soared by as much as 10k since I bought to first one some months back. Have been toying with various options particularly when pro audio has launched BIC America subs with Warranty.

In case you are still looking to add SW-10, here is the link - Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer | eBay

it is 28.5K in ebay.in..

Hifimart.com doesn't have it in stock yet..

The seller has got a positive feedback rating in eBay so far :) @pranjandas - I guess it is what you are looking for :eek:hyeah:

@sriram_shol, thanks I checked out the seller has hosted on its website this SW-10 @28.5k. Pre-GST price of the same SW was 24.5k. Dont think the prices going to come down that level post GST. Know the seller very well, have been in touch on whatsapp as well:lol:

Thanks gonna order this SW this week!

Meanwhile, checked PAH hiked the prices of both F-12 as well as PL-200:sad:

@sriram_shol, thanks I checked out the seller has hosted on its website this SW-10 @28.5k. Pre-GST price of the same SW was 24.5k. Dont think the prices going to come down that level post GST. Know the seller very well, have been in touch on whatsapp as well:lol:

Thanks gonna order this SW this week!

Meanwhile, checked PAH hiked the prices of both F-12 as well as PL-200:sad:

Cool..

I too noticed the price is being soared...

I agree....I am sure they would...most dealers do as there is stiff competition in this line of business....everyone wants to achieve brisk business...

I guess so....BIC PL200 states to go as low as 22hz and Velodyne 12 goes to 24/25hz....

Price also seems compatible.....I have heard the Velo Impact 10 and was not at all convinced.

They have matched the price with their listing of their products on Amazon. But I am sure they will give a good discount if negotiated.

Not only that, they are looking for distributors across the nation to facilitate and boost the sales. The discount which was offered initially could be an introductory offer to promote their brand and the sales.

From one of the sellers whom I have spoken to in Bangalore, people are going for BIC than other major brands after knowing about the brand and the quality of sub woofers. It is cost effective and gives the best of the sound in the budget.

So as to standardize the price with Amazon and keep the ideal price point, they fixed it to its original price. Still, with negotiations, they will give a good discount for sure.

Last edited:
Not only that, they are looking for distributors across the nation to facilitate and boost the sales. The discount which was offered initially could be an introductory offer to promote their brand and the sales.

From one of the sellers whom I have spoken to in Bangalore, people are going for BIC than other major brands after knowing about the brand and the quality of sub woofers. It is cost effective and gives the best of the sound in the budget.

So as to standardize the price with Amazon and keep the ideal price point, they fixed it to its original price. Still, with negotiations, they will give a good discount for sure.
That's very true. Ideal/Reference price point is necessary for a seller to build trust. I think, this is the reason, they have made their prices same across all platforms.

I guess so....BIC PL200 states to go as low as 22hz and Velodyne 12 goes to 24/25hz....

Price also seems compatible.....I have heard the Velo Impact 10 and was not at all convinced.

Velodyne impact 12 mk2 spec:

Power : 165W RMS
Frequency response: 29-140 Hz ( 3 dB)

Found a site that has the measurements of the PL 200, so maybe useful for owners and prospects.

Data-Bass

Do expect a boost in output a closed room or corners from the output in the graph.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back