Suggestions on good UPS for PJ

Hi I need to decide in between 2 UPSs for my PJ.

EITHER

APC 1100 VA

OR

Numeric 1 KV.

My vendor tells me the APC one is reported to have problems? Can anyone confirm. Both cost around the same, the Numeric is a little bit more expensive?

Urgent help required.

Been using APC products for years and never had a problem till now. Don't know about Numeric though.

what is the rate you are getting for 1100VA? Why 1100VA - will you connect more equipments to this?
In my case, the projector power supply is far away from the AVR and other equipment, so I will keep a dedicated ups/ stab for it - as wiring is difficult in the current house.
Power rating is 290W for Panasonic pt ax200u.

regards

Hi I need to decide in between 2 UPSs for my PJ.

EITHER

APC 1100 VA

OR

Numeric 1 KV.

My vendor tells me the APC one is reported to have problems? Can anyone confirm. Both cost around the same, the Numeric is a little bit more expensive?

Urgent help required.

what is the rate you are getting for 1100VA? Why 1100VA - will you connect more equipments to this?
In my case, the projector power supply is far away from the AVR and other equipment, so I will keep a dedicated ups/ stab for it - as wiring is difficult in the current house.
Power rating is 290W for Panasonic pt ax200u.

regards

Dedicated UPS for PJ. No other equipment connected to it.

Going by this website with 220 volts, 265 Watts, and 1.43 Amps for the Optoma HD65, VA requirement of UPS should be 686 VA minimum and recommended at 1000VA.

I have decided on the Numeric 1000VA model for now. Dropped the APC idea. My vendor who is a major dealer in the market and a good friend has mentioned that a lot of complaints have been coming of late with the APC UPSs. The Numeric 1 KVA one is being offered for 5850+ 4% VAT. The APC is selling for 5500 + 4% VAT.

For your Panasonic, do you use a 1KVA UPS? You can take out the requirements from the same website.

I do not use any UPS as of now. As my projector isn't ceiling mounted as yet, I do not use it very often, and it is disconnected right now.

I am not sure about the recommendations of this site. If the wattage rating is 300, i think a headroom of 200 watts should be good enough. BR800IN has a wattage rating of 540 Watts - so that should be ok.

I think 1KVA APC UPS is cheaper than 800VA. Is that correct?
regards

Dedicated UPS for PJ. No other equipment connected to it.

Going by this website with 220 volts, 265 Watts, and 1.43 Amps for the Optoma HD65, VA requirement of UPS should be 686 VA minimum and recommended at 1000VA.

I have decided on the Numeric 1000VA model for now. Dropped the APC idea. My vendor who is a major dealer in the market and a good friend has mentioned that a lot of complaints have been coming of late with the APC UPSs. The Numeric 1 KVA one is being offered for 5850+ 4% VAT. The APC is selling for 5500 + 4% VAT.

For your Panasonic, do you use a 1KVA UPS? You can take out the requirements from the same website.

Last edited:
ya we have Exide batteries maintainance free by the name Inverterplus 1500+ specially for Inverters/UPS with 2 years warranty costing at Delhi for Rs.8500.00 tax paid

Back