Tamil Music in Chennai

BJ159

Hi Everyone,

I'll be in Chennai in June for a few days and I would like to spend some time checking out some good stores for Tamil music, old and new, only cds. Any must visit places?

Also, are there any music lounges with live singing? Tamil songs, of course!:)

AVM Sound Zone - TTK Road - Five minutes drive from Hotel Chola in Mount Road .. Towards Alwarpet

New Music India - Below Adyar Bridge ... Two Minutes from ICICI on the same road

These are two places where you will get a decent collection of Audio CD's and Movies

Landmark has very little collection ...expect for the Nungambakkam store which still has some left

Then there is Connexions in Anna Nagar - Opposite to Nalli Silks

In addition to the above, you have consider 2 other places...

Music world & Land mark in Spencer Plaza, Mount Road..

thanks for the tips.

Seems like you guys are no longer into cds.... :)

And I suppose live music is a non-starter?

You can check out Raj Video Vision in Mount Road next to the old Anand Theatre (the theater is closed now but still retains it's landmark). They used to have decent collection of old tamil movie songs.

I have visited all the places as early as 22nd May this year ...the ones which I have mentioned have a decent stock of Music CD's

Empress Audio - 48, Wallers Road, Mount Road, Chennai - 600002 - This guy is a distributor and even he did not have old cd's ...just the latest ones ....

Landmark in Spencer Plaza stocks only Selected new CD's ....

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back