The best home theatre audio system under 3 lakh inr including the avr. I'm thinking about starting with a 5.1.2 system and upgrade if I want to.

PH1

I have no idea about how to search or compare speakers and audio systems available(I watched a lot of videos and read a lot too but it's all going over my head). It's for a dedicated HT with dimensions 23ft x 15ft and 10ft of ceiling height. Please help

Last edited:
Welcome Sir to the HT world. There are lot of articles in this forum to help you. Nevertheless, some thoughts:
1) for the size of your room, you should eventually look at 7.2.2 or 7.2.4
2) you should look at min 9 channel AVR as you would not want to upgrade AVR when you decide to add more speakers
3) 5.1.2 is a good start, but to get a true immersive experience 7.2.2 or 7.2.4 should be on your mind
4) out of 3L, 1-1.3 will be consumed by the AVR itself. from the balance, getting a good 5.1.2 for the room size might be little difficult.
5) For the room size, towers would be highly suggested

pioneer Or onkyo 9.2 Avr which has in built dirac
. Klipsch or qa speakers with svs sub

I would say, plan for 7.1 or 7.2. Atmos is little overrated. I do not get the overhead effects distinctly as from the surround and surround back speakers. I have cranked up the channel levels of the Atmos speakers too. I suspect it could be their placement (the Atmos speakers are screwed to the ceiling, so can’t move them around). If I were you, I would focus on Atmos speakers last.

Denon x3800 for 1.2L and polk es 60 and full set with hts12 should fit bill. But that size will be a challenge for these speakers i guess. And surely will need atleast 2 subs. Got some contacts that can do cheaper on polks

Denon x3800 for 1.2L and polk es 60 and full set with hts12 should fit bill. But that size will be a challenge for these speakers i guess. And surely will need atleast 2 subs. Got some contacts that can do cheaper on polks
you can get 3800h for much cheaper than 1.20

Go for AVR x3800 and speakers q acoustic and built 5.1.4 setup for initial and later on add 2 surround speakers. then buy a decent subwoofer (Rel HT12 or Ascendo 12). If you can't squeeze these subs into your budget, go for Polk HT12.

You are planning a projector too?

Go for AVR x3800 and speakers q acoustic and built 5.1.4 setup for initial and later on add 2 surround speakers. then buy a decent subwoofer (Rel HT12 or Ascendo 12). If you can't squeeze these subs into your budget, go for Polk HT12.

yes projector too

Which model of q acoustic?

3020 for front , 3090 center and 3010 for surrounds .
Should I go with the "i" series or the normal ones?
Are these better than the polk es60 for the front, R400 for the center, ES15 for surrounds? Should I go with the "i" series or the normal ones?

Get a very good centre and an AVR which can drive it well.
Monitor Audio C350 centre and AVR around 1-1.2 lakh

Should I go with the "i" series or the normal ones?
Are these better than the polk es60 for the front, R400 for the center, ES15 for surrounds? Should I go with the "i" series or the normal ones?

If you can audition qacoustic, polk, dali, or monitor audio, any of these will be great options. But at the end of the day, it's according to the budget. The Polk R series is expensive, but if you have the budget, consider it.

AVR: 1L + sub: 1L / 1.1L, then qacoustic 5.0 or polk ES 5.0 will cost around 90k to 1L, so basically, if you want 4 atmos speakers, you have to consider again 40–60k additional.

If you can't extend the budget further, then I suggest you go for a 7.2-channel AVR or consider a budget-friendly taga harmony with a decent subwoofer.

Typically, life of equipment will be as follows
1. Speakers >10 years
2. Projector ~10 years
3. AVRs - 5-10 years
4. Screen - Can last for ever
5. Acoustics- for ever

For a 3 lakh budget in a dedicated space, split 50% for speakers around 1 lakh for 5.0 and 0.5 for sub; Buy a FHD projector for 50k or lesser; around 1l or lesser for AVR ideally the lesser the better as you can then Keep 25k -50k for acoustics, cables and misc.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back