The Giveaway Thread

Thanks Kapil. If soundsgreat does not want it, I will take it. I have an empty IDE enclosure and do not mind the slow speeds. Will pay for shipping to Bangalore.

PM me. i have some arbit 80GBs or 2 also lying around.. I'll send them to you as well.

Edit:: here's what I have
1- 80GB st80021a ata4 w/seashield
2. 80GB st380011 7200.7
3. 250gb - st3250823a 7200.8
4. 200GB- st7200.7 certified repaired drive

all came with the Seagate 5year warantee so there should be between 2-3years left on them

I moved to SATA about 2 years ago and I do not know the condition of any but the 200GB which I used recently. if anyone's interested.. pm me and I'll check

regards

Kapil

Last edited:
hi kapvin,

I am interested in 200 gb and will pay cost of courier charges.

regards

PM me. i have some arbit 80GBs or 2 also lying around.. I'll send them to you as well.

3. 250gb - st3250823a 7200.8

Kapil

Hi,

Will take the 250GB HD... If you have any thought of giving LG-HDDVD/BD drive(costco), kindly add this with that:licklips: Badly need that..Will pay for the drive..

Thanks

booked for you.

I'll courier it to one place in chennai.. i guess you guys can pick it up from each other, right?

booked for you.

I'll courier it to one place in chennai.. i guess you guys can pick it up from each other, right?

thanks Kapvin... You can courier the same to santhosh to banglr. I will collect from him on my month end visit.. If another disk also to be handed over to chennai member that too i can do.

Regards

thanks Kapvin... You can courier the same to santhosh to banglr. I will collect from him on my month end visit.. If another disk also to be handed over to chennai member that too i can do.

Regards

santosh wanted a 2.5". he's not interested in the 3.5".

will check & format it by tomorrow evening and figure out how to courier it to you in chennai..

Hi All

I have a Sony HIFI System in Non-Working condition.

1. Its a 3 CD Changer - VCD Player
2. Twin Cassette Deck
3. Two Bookshelf speakers with two surround sound speaker.

The Video card is kaput and Sony said they dont have a replacement. It can used with an external CD player.

Ideal for someone to salvage parts or use the speakers separately.

Thanks and Regards
MrBig

kapvin, thanks. Pl. send it by courier to santhol2, i will collect it from him.

regards

Regards

kapvin, thanks. Pl. send it by courier to santhol2, i will collect it from him.

regards
Why me? :lol:

The HDDs that Kapil has do not suit my purpose, so I have told him that I do not want them.

Kapil, I suggest you ship both the HDDs to Srini's home in Chennai. Since Buswal keeps shuttling between Chennai and Bangalore, he can collect it from Srini. Or Vice Versa, but leave me out of this. As it is, my wifey is fedup of receiving couriers from my online shopping every other day, let us give her a break:)

hi santhol2, I am sorry. Kapvin, if it is ok you may pl. courier it to srini, I will collect it from him.

hi MrBig,

I am interested in Two Bookshelf speakers with two surround sound speaker and will pay cost of courier charges.

Regards,
Prashant

Why me? :lol:

The HDDs that Kapil has do not suit my purpose, so I have told him that I do not want them.

Kapil, I suggest you ship both the HDDs to Srini's home in Chennai. Since Buswal keeps shuttling between Chennai and Bangalore, he can collect it from Srini. Or Vice Versa, but leave me out of this. As it is, my wifey is fedup of receiving couriers from my online shopping every other day, let us give her a break:)

will do. I'll check them tonight, and courier to you on wednesday (tuesday being a holiday in Mumbai on account of Gudi Padwa)

Kapil

EDIT:: Gone.

Here's my contribution -

120" SilverScreen Projection Screen 4:3 Aspect ratio. (8feet w x 6 feet h)
manual (not instalock).
brand - silverscreen

why am I giving it away?

1. well, it's 4:3 and my current projector is 16:9
  2. I am currently experimenting with a diy wall screen
  3. eventually want to go for a 120" 16:9 if DIY wall is not satisfactory

So why Free?

well I'm too lazy to sell it, i was planning to give it free when I sold my Sd projector, (which I have not done till now) and my wife wants it out of the HOUSE NOWWWW! (houseguests expected) I'd rather give it free to someone who can use it otherwise my wife will sell it for Rs 100-200 to some non discerning kabadi.

So what's the condition of screen?

Pretty good, considering the age (purchased in Delhi in 2004) there is a small tear at on the masking (black) area at the bottom- happened when we were moving to mumbai..but it does not affect the screen area in any way... and I used it this way from 2006 to 2009. Minimal curling on the sides (again mostly in the masking area)

Any terms and conditions?

First come first serve. also you have to come and pick it up from my house in Thane near mumbai.. remember it's 8+ feet long. moving it around will be fun!
I trust that it'd be for the person own use and not for reselling etc ;-)

i'll post photos if possible in the evening..

regards

Kapil

Taking this opportunity to thank Kapil.
Yes I've collected this Screen and voila what a giveaway!!
Thanks kapil thanks a million ,this will mark my journey towards projectors ...!!!!!!
This is fantastic advantage being member of this thread!

Taking this opportunity to thank Kapil.
Yes I've collected this Screen and voila what a giveaway!!
Thanks kapil thanks a million ,this will mark my journey towards projectors ...!!!!!!
This is fantastic advantage being member of this thread!

You are more than welcome. I regret that our schedules precluded a meeting. It would have been good to meet a fellow HFV-ian

I am happy if you have a use for the screen.

My simple funda is, it's better to give it away free to someone who will use it and appreciate it than to sell it to some lowballer who neither understands what stuff is about nor has any interest but squeezing the last paisa out of you.

I got my first reel-to-reel deck (akai) free from a studio owner in 1989 the same way when I was a student and I am happy to keep the tradition going.

stay cool

Kapil

Looks like the multiple Hdds offer created some confusion, cos some responses were on the thread and some on PPM, but I think it's all sorted out and I'll check them tonight and courier them tomorrow.

I do have some other PC stuff for giveaway which I'll post over the next few days

cheers

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back