The Giveaway Thread

Got 2 AM FM walkmans
1 Sony Megabass and Second Aiwa

Withot Headphones and Battery.

Now for both I think belts nedds to be changed as tape is not moving but sometimes you feel motor vibrating.
Fm works well

I am from Sanpada Navi Mumbai

Pls lemme know when someon wants to collect....

I am interested but I can't pick up from B'lore
Either you or hemant can give one to me. I would like to have the best working one out of the three options :)

awesome idea and very apt coming from the ultimate gadget guy Mr Q ;)

i have a sony walkman, anyone in bangalore wants it can pick it up! will see if i can post a pic tonight or tomorrow. i also have with it a set of earplugs of unknown unremembered origins will bundle both together. might be able to find the recording wire too!

edit: not sure of condition, will need some cleaning since havent used it for years. actually hardly used it when i had got it. it just lying with me. am sure the rollers are sticky now and head needs cleaning. speed might have to be checked on

I have an i-ball PSU bought in June'08. Replaced it with a Tagan 500W PSU last year in June. This one has been lying idle since.

It is rated at 400W, but any computer nerd will tell you this is far from the truth. Still it should be pretty good for running office applications and Internet use.

It is somewhat dusty, but I can have it cleaned as much as possible. Can't give any guarantee whatsoever, since it has been lying unused for about 10 months now, and hardware has a strange way of going kaput if left on its own.

Would prefer someone from Mumbai, who can pick it up since shipping will involve some significant cost.

I am interested but I can't pick up from B'lore
Either you or hemant can give one to me. I would like to have the best working one out of the three options :)

anm,

think you'll have to settle for hemant's walkman, mine in a condition not too good hence i mentioned only local pickup for someone who doesn't mind spending a bit of time on it or wants it for parts...

regards

.... But always 60 mins tape only because I was told they were better for SQ. can someone bust this myth?

I remember people saying that the 60 mins tapes were thicker than the 90 tapes. so the tapes (and the SQ) would be retained longer. may still be a myth though :)

It is not a myth: that is how they get more tape, and hence time, in the same size package: by making the tape thinner. The thinner the tape, the more likely to stretch. Apparently, the worst offenders were the 120-minute casstettes.

Sajith, soundsgreat, srinisundar,

I've pm'd you. re the motherboard and hard drives respectively. do reply.

kapil

Hi,

watch this space for another giveaway!

Woohooo :yahoo: Whatever it is Am first in the line (yeah call me greedy but........ :lol: ) !!

Have replied to you PM ;), will do it as said there !!

Regards.

I am staying next to him....
Hemant will agree & few have already gone after offer & now my turn...:licklips:

No.. it's not a blu-ray drive.. it's something related to spiro's post.. will post in the evening when i confirm the model and condition.

but here's a deal that I can do.. since so many people are eying my BD-drives--> the guy who gets me a great value saving deal on on an oppo / CA BD player gets my spare bd drive at a throwaway price (and it's been used all of 4 hours - 5 minutes to cross flash and 3.50 hours to test rip 2 HD-DVDs and 2 Blu-rays to ensure "all is well")

you guys can thank my wife.. who is forcing me to do this "cleaning".. :lol:

Last edited:
Hey, this is not fair... :) as i was waiting for the update...

hey sajith, just remembered .. you would need to change the battery on the MB, don't recall if I had changed it.. should get it for 20 bucks or less at any camera / watch store CR2032 if I am not mistaken

btw - the soundstorm onboard sound on that MB is really quite good, much better than the realtek stuff I have on later MBs.

hey sajith, just remembered .. you would need to change the battery on the MB, don't recall if I had changed it.. should get it for 20 bucks or less at any camera / watch store CR2032 if I am not mistaken

btw - the soundstorm onboard sound on that MB is really quite good, much better than the realtek stuff I have on later MBs.

ok, no probs.

No.. it's not a blu-ray drive.. it's something related to spiro's post.. will post in the evening when i confirm the model and condition.

but here's a deal that I can do.. since so many people are eying my BD-drives--> the guy who gets me a great value saving deal on on an oppo / CA BD player gets my spare bd drive at a throwaway price (and it's been used all of 4 hours - 5 minutes to cross flash and 3.50 hours to test rip 2 HD-DVDs and 2 Blu-rays to ensure "all is well")

you guys can thank my wife.. who is forcing me to do this "cleaning".. :lol:

you are looking for newer model or old model ( $289 or $499 without mod)??

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back