The Movies I Liked

Knives Out (Glass Onion) - Found it a bit better than Knives Out. Sleekness and Quirkiness is there in it's pleasant form. Cast is fabulous.

They have improved on first attempt and have been succesful in creating the Blanc franchise. The first one was average at best, this has been improved to above average to good. Not worth the hype around it, but not unworthy of a watch.
I think , I abandoned this mid way (60+%). don't recollect now.

Not sure how i come across Russian movies.
Here is another nice viewing - Kalashnikov. No introduction to this iconic name. A look into the brief period in his life which led to the invention of one of the most famous firearm.

I recollect, started casually at about 12 midnight. so , this was one of my very late night show.
one of the dialog summary ... prototype rejected, because it was way advanced than others ... something like that.

Yes...Good one.
Now days Russians only make more war movies.,

Try this...
The Balkan Line
Original title: Balkanskiy rubezh

2h 10m
Andrey Zvyagintsev's Leviathan.
An ordinary man trying to fight off foes and so called friends because he has what they covet - beautiful wife , waterfront property. On a more subliminal level it's the story of all ordinary men buffeted and victimized by forces they have no control over. Leviathan could be the State as in Hobbes eponymous treatise or a Biblical creature very rich in symbolism.
On the whole a beautiful satisfying movie with great acting, locale, pathos, humor...indeed never a dull moment in it.

An ordinary man trying to fight off foes and so called friends because he has what they covet - beautiful wife , waterfront property. On a more subliminal level it's the story of all ordinary men buffeted and victimized by forces they have no control over. Leviathan could be the State as in Hobbes eponymous treatise or a Biblical creature very rich in symbolism.
On the whole a beautiful satisfying movie with great acting, locale, pathos, humor...indeed never a dull moment in it.
Still Pending...I watched his remaining movie...
The Return
Loveless

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

Crimson Gold
A schizophrenic pizza delivery man ( played by a real life schizophrenic pizza delivery man Hussein Emadeddin) encounters the inequities of life in Iran when he makes his delivery runs. There is no blood in the movie ( spoiler alert - what is earlier thought as blood in the bathroom is found to be nail polish) but the violence is palpable till it just boils over in the end.
Deemed unfit to be shown in theaters in Iran , it is another great , pathbreaking polemic from the country whose movies never cease to intrigue , fascinate and entertain.

Babylon

Super entertainment & fun, though a bit long at 3 hrs loved every bit of it.
Brad pit & Margot robbie were brilliant.

And what an epic opening scene!!
Excellent BGM, will make your system smile too

Zvyagintsev is a modern cinematic genius!
His debut film "The Return" still haunts me to this day! Every Film Buff should check out his works

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back