Tidal in india?

I have been facing a strange issue with Tidal streaming through Laptop. Ones I connected Tidal to AVR through Laptop HDMI port ,for few minutes it works just fine ( say 5 to7 minutes) and later on Tidal streaming gets disconnected with error " Chosen output has been disconnected " and never gets stabilized. I need to switch off every thing to get out of it. Any FM is facing similar issue. Is this issue with Tidal app, Windows 7 audio output setting or HDMI handshake. Please address.....

Tidal on Marantz AVR HEOS app work flawlessly . Streaming Tidal on avr through bluetooth via mobile phone also work flawlessly. Just issue with Laptop connection....

Any body experienceing this type problem while playing Tidal.
Frequently songs being played are stopped after 2 or 3 mins of play. Then reconnecting after few moments and starts playing from begining.
Sometimes showing communication lost.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-165216~2.png
    Screenshot_20200901-165216~2.png
    421.9 KB · Views: 25
Hi

Who all are interested in Tidal Turkey Family plan, can contact me via PM. Then we can discuss about how to proceed with this

Hi @SachinChavan

Now I have something more to say about Qobuz sound quality. My free trial with Qobuz is over and I am back to Tidal again after being with Qobuz for a month. I have started to feel the difference now between Hi Res music on Qobuz (24 bit- 192Khz) and 16bit-44.1 Khz on Tidal. Not that everything on Qobuz is of that quality but whatever is, you really enjoy the dynamics, clarity etc etc. I am bit short of words here. In short difference is audible.

But overall the app eperience was not good, as I mentioned earlier as well, many a times playback stops randomly. One thing that was very anoying for me was, if I abruptly switch to another artist/album, the output to dac stops. I had to re route the audio from app to connected DAC it somehow forgets where to feed the audio.

It didn't happen if I skip the tracks with in the current album/playlist. Not sure if some one else has experienced this too.

At last Qobuz is not cheap as compared to Tidal Turkey. I would stick to Tidal for now.

Regards
Vivek

Thanks for sharing the experience Vivek. I too am increasingly noticing the limitations in Tidal’s SQ. Recently I downloaded a couple of vinyl rips of old, Indian classical albums posted by a blogger. These were in 24/96 as I remember. They just blew the Tidal FLAC versions out of the water with their naturalness, ease and dynamics. Source matters... and matters a lot as the system gets more revealing and ears trained.

Hopefully Qobuz gets available in India soon and we get to experience true hi-res streaming. I guess the other teething problems would get sorted out. OTOH, I have also started thinking of vinyl and R2R DACs.

Frequently songs being played are stopped after 2 or 3 mins of play. Then reconnecting after few moments and starts playing from begining.

I listened to it yesterday and did not find any issues. Did you check your network? Whenever i faced these issues, i did immediately check my network (something that can be done using your smartphone) and all the times the network was down...

Is it me only or others also find tidal lossless not upto real lossless wav files in terms of audio quality. They seem low on resolution and dynamics.

Yes! Getting increasingly underwhelmed by Tidal. Are they applying some filters which do this? I can’t say about resolution, but definitely dynamics is suffering - songs sound flattish.

Yes same thing happens to me randomly, sometimes more often, dunno what is the reason but for sure is frustrating as Spotify works good & smooth off course with inferior quality :rolleyes: I m connected to Tidal US if that helps are you on US account too?

Thanks.

Yes same thing happens to me randomly, sometimes more often, dunno what is the reason but for sure is frustrating as Spotify works good & smooth off course with inferior quality :rolleyes: I m connected to Tidal US if that helps are you on US account too?

Thanks.
I am on Turkey Account.
Problem is through Play-fi app only.
When playing through Bluetooth or playing through my sony x9000f tv there is absolutely no issue at all.
Even playing Dolby Atmos music through tv, no problem at all.

I have noticed that when using Tidsl Desktop app on Windows Laptop, I am getting error " Chosen output has been disconnected " and avr input gets disconnected from Laptop. While playing same through HEOS app, TV or Mobile phone it just work fine without any issue or error. Desktop app have better sound quality in terms of dynamics and resolution then rest all. I am not able to fine out the solution. Only options left is to uninstall the Tidal from Laptop and again re install on Laptop. But again Tidal installation needs VPN which is again little cumbersome with no guarantee of solution. Please help in this regards

I am on Turkey Account.
Problem is through Play-fi app only.
When playing through Bluetooth or playing through my sony x9000f tv there is absolutely no issue at all.
Even playing Dolby Atmos music through tv, no problem at all.
Hmmm, could be the BluOS app being the issue for me too then. I noticed only few tracks skips or pauses while the rest play fine.
Will do some more testing & try to find a solution for this issue.

Thanks.

Hi, new member here.
Which earphone/headphone do you use with Tidal? Does true wireless earphones like Airpods/Sony support HighRes audio?

i mean FLAC or ALAC

Hi, new member here.
Which earphone/headphone do you use with Tidal? Does true wireless earphones like Airpods/Sony support HighRes audio?

i mean FLAC or ALAC
I also would like to know the ideal setup to enjoy Tidal.

I have a budget phone Xiomi Mi A1 and just started out using Tidal and the HiFi music experience. I am currently using basic earphones(Blaupunkt EM10 Wired earphone). What would you recommend for a budget of INR 7K to 10k (converted to about $96 to $136 USD).?
I am open to both IEM as well as Headphone.
Do i need to buy a USB DAC?

I also would like to know the ideal setup to enjoy Tidal.

I have a budget phone Xiomi Mi A1 and just started out using Tidal and the HiFi music experience. I am currently using basic earphones(Blaupunkt EM10 Wired earphone). What would you recommend for a budget of INR 7K to 10k (converted to about $96 to $136 USD).?
I am open to both IEM as well as Headphone.
Do i need to buy a USB DAC?

Get an USB DAC like iBasso DC01/Tempotec Sonata HD Pro. Get an entry level IEM like Tin2 Plus/Blon 3/iBasso IT00.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back