Tidal in india?

Not able to install Tidal music app on my google pixel 2.

On google play store it shows "This app is incompatible with all of your devices."
Anyone faced such issue.

Simple process
1. Download Hola VPN on your mobile phone and install it.
2. Open Hola VPN and change country to Turkey.
3. Open Tidal Turkey website and register with International Credit card.
4. After registration complete, you can download and install Tidal app on mobile phone if required .
5. Else you can log in through different network enable apps like HEOS, Music Cast, DTS PLY-fy etc.
6. Again change country to India
7. Uninstall Hola VPN from your phone if not require.
8. Enjoy Tidal..
Used Hola VPN and used my laptop to create an account in Tidal Turkey. Thank you all! Now a way to figure out on how to stream music as I cannot use my iPhone to download the Tidal app.

There are few options to download and install Tidal on your device. Which work for you that you need to try ....
1. With the help of VPN , you can install Tidal on your device with country as USA/UK. Directly go to Tidal website and Tidal will give option as Tidal app for iOS, Windows and Android.
2. Download and install uptodown app store or go to uptodown.com. search and Download Tidal APK and with the help of uptodown apk installer you can install Tidal app. No need of VPN or country change
3. Download and install USB Audio Player Pro on Android device. USB Audio Player Pro have inbuilt Tidal app. You need to just login to Tidal account. This is paid app . You have to pay Rs. 350/- for UAPP and Rs.300/- more for to activate MQA decoder.
I have install Tidal on Windows and Android only so I have no idea about iOS. FM may help in this regards

Is anyone using Qobuz?

There are many reports that Qobuz 24bit versions are superior to their Tidal counterparts and especially for Classical and Jazz apparently Qobuz has better versions. Has anyone signed up for the trial or subscribed?
Hi

I have subscribed for Qobuz this week. I am using Tidal.and Spotify too. My very early impressions.

1. Theoretically when the resolution and bit rate is samez I don't see any reason why Qobuz would be better than Tidal or any similar spec streaming source.

2. Search is slower than Tidal and Spotify.

3. I don't like the interface much. For me Spotify has the best user interface.

4. I had issues sending output to my dac from Qobuz at times it gets confused between different bit rate settings.

5. Spotify,Tidal and then Qobuz in terms of catalogue/collection.

Rest I will evaluate more in coming days.

Hi Vivek, How did you subscribe to Qobuz? Can you please share the process with us.
Hi @SachinChavan

Subscribing to Qobuz is exactly similar to subscribing Tidal USA.

Here is what I did

1. Connect to US VPN, I use hola.
2. Open Qobuz website.
3. Create an account.
4. Add credit card/pay pal.
5. Start your free trial for a month.
6. I opted for Sublime+ which is $14/month.
7. Download app for windows/android/mac.
8. Enjoy without vpn now.

Regards
vivek

how to access tidal turkey which vpn you suggest guys tried hola & psiphon not working with that ?

So far I have not found a single reason to like to Qobuz. The app behaves weirdly at times. Playback stops time to time. Not worth trying IMHO. Stick to Spotify/Tidal guys.

Thanks for the feedback @Vivek Batra. Quite happy with the Tidal’s reliability and satisfied with its interface.Qobuz is particularly known for the sound quality, especially on hi-res (true hi-res and not MQA unlike Tidal). What’s your assessment of its SQ?

Hi @SachinChavan

If you ask me, I would say except the "bit rate" number that I see on my DAC, I am not able find any difference in SQ comparing Tidal and Qobuz. Last evening it was so glitchy that I just got irritated and stopped it. My logic is, if the resolution/bit rate is same then both Tidal and Qobuz should have the same sound quality.

Tidal Turkey is far cheaper than Qobuz. $3 vs $14. I do not know if Qobuz is cheaper anywhere else like Tidal in Turkey. Honestly even Spotify is sounding quite close to Tidal for me. Its either my gear is able to compernsate for everything or I am not able to make out any difference.

Frankly now I am not after finding the difference, be it from streaming source or cables. As long as I am satisfied, I am fine. I am not the right person to compare these :)

Another thing with Qobuz, when I imported my playlists/tracls from Tidal and Spotify, it didn;t import everything. Not that the artists or tracks were not avialable on Qobuz, but for some unknown reason it just didn't import. It could be the third party site as well (Tune My Music) but it worked fine when I imported stuff between Spotify and Tidal.

Regards
Vivek

My logic is, if the resolution/bit rate is same then both Tidal and Qobuz should have the same sound quality.

I have heard horribly sounding (loud, distorted or muffled) 320 Kbps radio stations as well as lovely sounding 96 Kbps on same songs. I guess it’s to do with the content (eg version of source file) and the equipment used by the station. I’d imagine it might be similar with streaming apps too.

Honestly even Spotify is sounding quite close to Tidal for me.

That shouldn’t happen. Look for the richness, the ease, the organic sound when you play FLAC on Tidal as compared to even Spotify Premium.

Gear can not compensate for compression. If not set up properly it might mask the improvements from uncompressed though.

That shouldn’t happen. Look for the richness, the ease, the organic sound when you play FLAC on Tidal as compared to even Spotify Premium.

Gear can not compensate for compression. If not set up properly it might mask the improvements from uncompressed though.
Could be, I am not able to think of where I am wrong if I am actually. My set up is very simple. Laptop => DAC -> IA.

how to access tidal turkey which vpn you suggest guys tried hola & psiphon not working with that ?
Hola VPN works...once you launch the app... select chrome and choose Turkey. Sometimes you need to click 'Fix this' and once you see the key icon in the top menu then you open Tidal turkey site and select signup with email id

While streaming through my Marantz NR1509 through Bluetooth I noticed most of the MQA songs are quieter than HiFi ones. My phone uses AAC Bluetooth codec. Has anyone noticed this issue?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back