Tidal in india?

HI i just registered to post this here. I registered for Tidal offer mentioned here, " https://www.hifivision.com/threads/tidal-in-india.78891/post-867983 "
It's more than a month now that i am using Tidal to listen to music. I have created a small playlist of songs that i listen to there sharing them here.

https://listen.tidal.com/playlist/51e77d20-53ec-4b90-a6d7-72404ebe0c0b

Downloaded Hola on android phone, Switched over to Turkey, punched in Credit card details. But got Error message that transaction could not be completed.... could be due to incorrect card details, expired credit card ( which is not the case) or restrictions from your bank... Contacted the bank & they reconfirmed that International transaction are enabled, so no issue over there. Tried couple of different cards... Same error...Still unsuccessful :-(
Any suggestions on alternate way? P.S Tunnel Bear does not Give an option for Turkey.

Used Hola VPN on laptop and created account on Tidal Turkey. For payment I had the option of credit card or paypal. I opted for paypal. Payment went through immediately.

Playing Tidal now via HEOS on Denon DRA-800H Stereo Network Receiver

Hi Hemya, Thank you for your help. I opted for paypal & yes the payment went through :)
1st time I was trying to register with PayPal with Credit Card. But that gave error (pic1)
Saw option of registering with Debit card & that worked
Then Registration went through (pic2)
Logged into Tidal through Yamaha MusicCast and playing music from here
Downloaded Tidal app for Android, but logging in to the app using Hola gave an Error (pic3)
Downloaded Tidal on home PC which gave option to switch over streaming quality to Tidal Master (pic4)
Transferred apple music playlists to Tidal using https://www.tunemymusic.com All songs from playlist now playing in high quality FLAC (pic5)
lastly restarted the Android phone & tried installing ver2.25.1 from uptodown.com Voila. It worked like a charm.
Loving TIDAL not only for the music but also the vast music video collection & live performances videos.
Thanks once again
Regards,
Sandeep

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 22
  • pic2 tidal turkey activated.jpg
    pic2 tidal turkey activated.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 22
  • pic3 tidal login on phone.jpg
    pic3 tidal login on phone.jpg
    422.1 KB · Views: 22
  • pic4Tidal master.JPG
    pic4Tidal master.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 23
  • pic5Transfer.JPG
    pic5Transfer.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Has anyone tried Dolby atmos music on Tidal from Dolby atmos capable AV receiver . Recently I came to know that Dolby atmos capable AVR can play Dolby atmos music from Tidal. I have tried with my Marantz NR1608 avr but it show error ' Can't play this track '

Has anyone tried Dolby atmos music on Tidal from Dolby atmos capable AV receiver . Recently I came to know that Dolby atmos capable AVR can play Dolby atmos music from Tidal. I have tried with my Marantz NR1608 avr but it show error ' Can't play this track '
u need apple tv 4k or the new Nvidia Shield..

Cheers.

Any pointers on how to stream tidal from a Allo Usbridge signature or Raspberry pi

The official My Volumio image supports native TIDAL playback that is presently supported on Raspberry Pi, I am using that for my Allo Digione setup for past more than a year and happy, although there is a monthly fee of 2.99 EUR for this plugin and that max sample is limited to 88 KHz. There is a beta for sparky may be you can try for yourself, refer link below

From Volumio v2.5 onwards, you'll need to subscribe for one of the MyVolumio monthly/annual plans to use native Tidal/Qobuz integration. I guess they have added MQA support as well.

If you don't want to pay for MyVolumio subscription:
In older versions of Volumio prior to v2.5, like in v2.444, use the Upmpdcli already present in the Volumio distribution, which is a OpenHome implementation used by Volumio. It has plugins for Tidal & Qobuz. To configure those plugins you’ll have to edit upmpdcli.conf.tmpl according to the instructions given here: https://www.lesbonscomptes.com/upmpdcli/upmpdcli-manual.html#tidaluser
This starts a OpenHome media server on the host and you can find it in the list of media servers.

Use Bubbleupnp or mConnect (way better navigation in Tidal) app on your phone to stream it to the renderer. No MQA support though.

This method does not work on Volumio v2.5 and above. Not sure if there is a workaround, haven't found one.

The official My Volumio image supports native TIDAL playback that is presently supported on Raspberry Pi, I am using that for my Allo Digione setup for past more than a year and happy, although there is a monthly fee of 2.99 EUR for this plugin and that max sample is limited to 88 KHz. There is a beta for sparky may be you can try for yourself, refer link below

So installed mConnect Lite on iphone and was able to find the raspi under upnp and tidal worked fine however once I stop the music then the raspi disappears from under upnp. Need to check whats the issue here

So installed mConnect Lite on iphone and was able to find the raspi under upnp and tidal worked fine however once I stop the music then the raspi disappears from under upnp. Need to check whats the issue here

Try upgrading the volumio version to latest, buggy airplay and upnp support was there in older versions but not that it's completely gone. This is the reason why I did not proceed with Apple Music and had to stick to Spotify for its native support in terns of a 2nd music streaming subscription rather than already using Tidal as primary.

Is anyone using Qobuz?

There are many reports that Qobuz 24bit versions are superior to their Tidal counterparts and especially for Classical and Jazz apparently Qobuz has better versions. Has anyone signed up for the trial or subscribed?

Hi, Using with Firestick 4k and Denon avr ,wonderful experience .Atmos music collections plays like a charm.

@muks1224 How do you stream Tidal Atmos ? I get Atmos tracks in Tidal only in the android version but not in desktop version of the app

Hi Hemya, Thank you for your help. I opted for paypal & yes the payment went through :)
1st time I was trying to register with PayPal with Credit Card. But that gave error (pic1)
Saw option of registering with Debit card & that worked
Then Registration went through (pic2)
Logged into Tidal through Yamaha MusicCast and playing music from here
Downloaded Tidal app for Android, but logging in to the app using Hola gave an Error (pic3)
Downloaded Tidal on home PC which gave option to switch over streaming quality to Tidal Master (pic4)
Transferred apple music playlists to Tidal using https://www.tunemymusic.com All songs from playlist now playing in high quality FLAC (pic5)
lastly restarted the Android phone & tried installing ver2.25.1 from uptodown.com Voila. It worked like a charm.
Loving TIDAL not only for the music but also the vast music video collection & live performances videos.
Thanks once again
Regards,
Sandeep
Thanks for the details on transferring playlists. Need to check if I can transfer playlists from spotify

Same with Pioneer LX-304, Everything works awesome except atmos tracks, which refuse to play.

Any idea on how to download Tidal on Nvidia shield pro 2019 in India? tried VPN but still I can't get hold of the app. Shall I try apk? will it work?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back