Tidal in india?

Simple process
1. Download Hola VPN on your mobile phone and install it.
2. Open Hola VPN and change country to Turkey.
3. Open Tidal Turkey website and register with International Credit card.
4. After registration complete, you can download and install Tidal app on mobile phone if required .
5. Else you can log in through different network enable apps like HEOS, Music Cast, DTS PLY-fy etc.
6. Again change country to India
7. Uninstall Hola VPN from your phone if not require.
8. Enjoy Tidal..

Simple process
4. After registration complete, you can download and install Tidal app on mobile phone if required .
5. Else you can log in through different network enable apps like HEOS, Music Cast, DTS PLY-fy etc.
8. Enjoy Tidal..
To use Hola VPN, we need to pay monthly subscription charge. Once Tidal is installed, discontinue Hola VPN. So the cost will be limited to a month’s subscription to Hola VPN. Please confirm.
Thanks.

Fellow Tidal listeners, I noticed today that Tidal has added alternate prints of many old Hindi soundtracks like in the example below.

B3AD00DA-F08C-4A50-A2F2-267229712CFC.jpeg

The album on the left with the Saregama logo was what was earlier on Tidal. But now, you also have the other one, the one on the right, which doesn’t have Saregama logo, and I am assuming a different print (hopefully an older one). In all such cases, the newly added albums have full blown up album art. I listened to a couple of such cases and the new one (without
Saregama logo) sounded better to me.

Try comparing these two songs:

and

I find the second more musical and emotive - the naughtiness in Asha’s voice for example. Also more easy and alive sounding.

Listen and tell your impressions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Tidal Users

This is for the users who are streaming from Tidal desktop app and missing the remote control of Tidal desktop app from phone like Spotify Connect. I tried Audiravana app (paid app, you might already know) I just tried trial version. You may configure Qobuz, Tidal and HiRes Audio accounts in Audirvana desktop app and download Audirvana remote app on your phone. This gives you ease of controling Tidal/Qobuz from your phone while playing on desktop/laptop app. The control through the mobile app is bit laggy but still better than reaching out to desktop/laptop every time you need a change.

Audirvana has lot many options to play offline music as well. It support liternally all the avaialble formats as well. Many plugins can be registered in the app to have more control over the tempo/gain etc, the options that are not avialable out of the box in the app.

Happy Listening.

Fellow Tidal listeners, I noticed today that Tidal has added alternate prints of many old Hindi soundtracks like in the example below.

View attachment 46117

The album on the left with the Saregama logo was what was earlier on Tidal. But now, you also have the other one, the one on the right, which doesn’t have Saregama logo, and I am assuming a different print (hopefully an older one). In all such cases, the newly added albums have full blown up album art. I listened to a couple of such cases and the new one (without
Saregama logo) sounded better to me.

Try comparing these two songs:

and

I find the second more musical and emotive - the naughtiness in Asha’s voice for example. Also more easy and alive sounding.

Listen and tell your impressions.

The only problem is that these (better) versions are not listed under the composer's name as album artist. Instead, you find it as 'Various artists'. So you'd need to search with the film name and not the composer name to locate these versions. In some cases these are double albums (two films in one).

I am a tidal user for some time. Many of the Indian albums they have are just very low but rate mp3 upscale as flac. It’s not even close to the Orginal cds. However not all of them are bad, but I am still skeptical about Indian music on tidal. Try the Alisha - Bombay girl and compare it with a cd if you have one with you.

Simple process
8. Enjoy Tidal..

How do I get to Tidal Turkey website. Used Hola VPN to turkey but if I open tidal site it shows me USD rates. Using on iphone

You may have open Tidal USA or you may have selected USA as country. Make sure to open Tidal Turkey with Turkey as country. You need to pay in Turkish lira 19.99 which is approximately Rs. 230/-. Make sure to download app also else you will not able to install app from India. Also make sure your must have international credit card which enables you to do international transactions.

How do I play tidal on my Denon receiver? I tried the step below but It doesn't show tidal app. I tried to open his with VPN , that didn't show tidal app either.
From the HEOS App, select Music, Settings, Music Sources, Online Music , TIDAL

I was able to get tidal app in heos by changing region . Now I can play tidal from heos app to Denon but not directly from tidal app to Denon. Any suggestions?

You may have open Tidal USA or you may have selected USA as country. Make sure to open Tidal Turkey with Turkey as country. You need to pay in Turkish lira 19.99 which is approximately Rs. 230/-. Make sure to download app also else you will not able to install app from India. Also make sure your must have international credit card which enables you to do international transactions.

Thanks. Managed to create the account from and Android device (from ios its a pain) and after that installed the ios app

Hi,

I would like to know, how can I use Tidal with runeaudio. I am using AP Dac to stream Spotify and Apple Music.

Is there a way to use it through Runeaduio.

Thanks,

Sreejith

I was able to get tidal app in heos by changing region . Now I can play tidal from heos app to Denon but not directly from tidal app to Denon. Any suggestions?
I think you can not play directly from Tidal app to Denon. As it does not support "Connect" feature like Spotify. You will have to go through HEOS app only.

Simple process
8. Enjoy Tidal..

Thanks a lot, created an account and subscribed.
Could not find Tidal app on google play store, may be location issues. Logged in through Pioneer Music control (DTS PLY-fy) and working fine.

Last edited:
Downloaded Hola on android phone, Switched over to Turkey, punched in Credit card details. But got Error message that transaction could not be completed.... could be due to incorrect card details, expired credit card ( which is not the case) or restrictions from your bank... Contacted the bank & they reconfirmed that International transaction are enabled, so no issue over there. Tried couple of different cards... Same error...Still unsuccessful :-(
Any suggestions on alternate way? P.S Tunnel Bear does not Give an option for Turkey.

Attachments

• tidal error .JPG
    tidal error .JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 11
Try for few more time with a gap of a day or two and still if not then try another android phone or Laptop else try USA as country. You may need to pay Rs. 1500/- pm. I am not sure but check wheather you are able to pay in Turkey Lira.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back