Tidal in india?

So basically when the both desktop and Android apps are launched, they are in sync and my phone acts as a remote for Spotify desktop app.

I am missing this with Tidal. Is it so or I am missing something?
You're right. "Connect" is a unique (and very useful) feature Spotify has, which, I think, no other streaming service has implemented, yet.

That's sad. In this case I need to be around the laptop and may be would need longer usb cable as well.

my laptop is hidden in a dungeon. You can use apps like foobar,create a media server and media renderer. Then use something as bubbleupnp or mconnect from your android phone to control playback. mconnect does have option to play tidal Mqa.

I have connected wireless mouse to my laptop. so whenever I am listening music I keep the TV on which display the Laptop screen i.e. Tidal App. Then I can easily change album,Track or playlist from the MLP through mouse. Using mouse pointer for selection is easy task bur searching of something is difficult. I think this may be the easiest way. I also have tried to connect Android phone Tidal app to av receiver through Bluetooth but MQA tracks are not available for Android app and my phone doesn't support Dolby Atmos on Tidal.

Any one planning to subscribe to Tidal family account and split between members.. This reduces costs significantly. Am looking for a free slot

You're right. "Connect" is a unique (and very useful) feature Spotify has, which, I think, no other streaming service has implemented, yet.

I am currently using the headphone out of my AVR connected to my stereo RCA to Aux cable ,whenever i dont want to go through the hassle of connecting my laptop/dac so forth. The sound quality is surprisingly good as well vs direct playback from my AVR HEOS App. Not done a A/B test vs DAC/DAP output , intend to do that if i can see any discernible change.

@X man you may try Tidal Turkey account which is super cheap for us. It's just Rs.240/- pm for premium membership and best to explore.

that too has a family plan upgrade at 360 rs per month for 5 additional members, so cost can be actually equal to a coke bottle

@X man you may try Tidal Turkey account which is super cheap for us. It's just Rs.240/- pm for premium membership and best to explore.

Is the content same - US Tidal also includes good Indian content too.

Also just wanted to check, if for credit card payment any Indian credit card with international payment do or does the card need to have a Turkey address to make payments.

Is the content same - US Tidal also includes good Indian content too.

Also just wanted to check, if for credit card payment any Indian credit card with international payment do or does the card need to have a Turkey address to make payments.

I use tidal turkey and have read US version has more indian content here somewhere in the forum. I dont know what is missing in turkey version but i am satisfied with indian content in turkey version. You can use any international cc.

Earlier I had Tidal UK account and now I have changed to Tidal Turkey due to massive price difference. Tidal UK may have better Indian music collection than Tidal Turkey. I have not specifically investigated but certain Indian albums available on Tidal UK are not available on Tidal Turkey. Connectivity problem is there with Tidal Turkey where as Tidal UK runs smoothly. Some times Tidal Turkey gets crash and you needs to login frequently. I am not sure wheather this is a problem of Tidal app or my internet connection. .

Just install Hola VPN app on your mobile phone than change country code to Turkey and then register yourself with personal details and create an account. You need to pay through Indian credit card with international transactions facility. Once account is created you can login from anywhere and can uninstall Hola vpn . Later on Tidal itself deduct subscription amount from CC monthly. I have installed Tidal app on my Laptop and connected it to Marantz avr through HDMI port. There are certain settings needs to enable in app for music fidelity and pass through Tidal stream to avr. Tidal app itself decode MQA files upto 24bit/96kz and to send data to AVR. You need to install ASIO driver on Laptop to bypass windows internal processing and to pass through pure audio stream to AVR but its optional .

Earlier I had Tidal UK account and now I have changed to Tidal Turkey due to massive price difference. Tidal UK may have better Indian music collection than Tidal Turkey. I have not specifically investigated but certain Indian albums available on Tidal UK are not available on Tidal Turkey. Connectivity problem is there with Tidal Turkey where as Tidal UK runs smoothly. Some times Tidal Turkey gets crash and you needs to login frequently. I am not sure wheather this is a problem of Tidal app or my internet connection. .

I never faced these glitches with tidal turkey.

Also i am sceptical if tidal turkey has less albums than tidal uk. Do you remember any specific album which is missing

Last edited:
One more observation, while the andriod mobile phone is capable of playing the MQA files but as soon as it's casted to Google Chromecast Audio, the file format in the App changes to Hifi.
Read in other forums that this is due to MQA license issue on Chromecast hardware.

Is anyone able to see the Tidal $4 offer now? When you get to the Tidal ppage, it says it is no longer valid. Maybe the limited period offer is over.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back