Tidal in india?

I also experienced the problem on tidal today when the song stopped playing midway and skipped to next track... but happened only once

Those of you facing server issues, do mention which country’s Tidal subscription you’ve taken. I face no issues with the Tidal US subscription. May be they have a separate server for the trial subscribers?

Those of you facing server issues, do mention which country’s Tidal subscription you’ve taken. I face no issues with the Tidal US subscription. May be they have a separate server for the trial subscribers?
Not US :). Could that be the problem? let me see my router logs and see if it’s going to a different server.

I also have tidal US subscription....I have availed 4$ offer.... don't know whether they discriminate against the people with discounted subscription, free trial etc

Can we be hopeful of availing of Tidal in India in future just as we have reached Spotify? IMO the people behind Tidal should think about the surging market in India and also about the audio enthusiasts who adore good quality audio .
Regards

My Tidal desktop app itself was not opening till yesterday , working fine today. Faced no issues in the mobile version whatsoever.

@palu If you are on android download the APK and install the application , thats the easiest way around rather than change app store settings

Guys how you have installed app on your phones? Side loaded? How to get it from Google play store so that it gets regular updates?

Guys how you have installed app on your phones? Side loaded? How to get it from Google play store so that it gets regular updates?
one way for any unavailable app is to create a UK appstore account, log into that, install, log back into your regular account. you will need to remember the UK store password whenever you update. i used this to install my dashcam app

You will need to change the country of your playstore (will need to do a CC 1$ transaction for authorization) and then install the application. But i am not sure if you will get updates once you load back the country to original one.

Hello members,

When i go to the Tidal site it just shows the one month free trail . I had the 20 $ subscription for the past few months which i discontinued last week, as i realised, i am was not making much use of it due to my busy schedule.

Is the 4$ subscription still available? or does my Tidal webpage not show me that option due to cookies in my browser. I dont mind trying the 4$ trail subscription as its cost effective given the listening time i devote to Tidal.

Do let me know if there is any way to get that trail subscription.

Cheers
Harry.

one way for any unavailable app is to create a UK appstore account, log into that, install, log back into your regular account. you will need to remember the UK store password whenever you update. i used this to install my dashcam app
To create a uk account, should it be through vpn? A uk Google account created using vpn? I tried so with free vpn but for Google, the free vpn didn't work, Google is bit clever than other sites :)

Last edited:
Hello members,

When i go to the Tidal site it just shows the one month free trail . I had the 20 $ subscription for the past few months which i discontinued last week, as i realised, i am was not making much use of it due to my busy schedule.

Is the 4$ subscription still available? or does my Tidal webpage not show me that option due to cookies in my browser. I dont mind trying the 4$ trail subscription as its cost effective given the listening time i devote to Tidal.

Do let me know if there is any way to get that trail subscription.

Cheers
Harry.
Change to US location through VPN...here is the link for 4$ offer

I think you need to be new user to avail this offer

That's the last thing they would do....you are a potential customer.
If anything if i would do the opposite...:D

I also have tidal US subscription....I have availed 4$ offer.... don't know whether they discriminate against the people with discounted subscription, free trial etc

Can any one walk me through how to get the App on ipad.

And how to download tracks for offline use.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

On a similar note, has anyone tried Qobuz in India?

What has been the experience thus far?

to create an account - is a VPN required? does it then work for regular listening without a VPN?

sound quality vs Tidal Hifi (i.e. if you compare 44.1/16 of the same recording, on both services)

Tried it. Personally preferred the sonics to Tidal (nitpicking??) but finally went with Tidal since Qobuz turns out really expensive vs Tidal Turkey.

Can any one walk me through how to get the App on ipad.

And how to download tracks for offline use.

Thanks in advance

This should work:
1. You need to create an Apple ID with a US/Canada/UK address with phone number. Detailed steps here. Skip adding payment info.
2. Go to "App store" on your iPad, sign-out of existing account(primary ID) and sign in with this new ID, now you have access to the local content.
3. Download the Tidal application and sign out of the new ID
4. Sign in with your primary ID and continue using Tidal. The app will update on it's own when the developer pushes updates
5. All albums have a "download" toggle switch which will allow offline access. You can set the quality of downloaded files in settings

To create a uk account, should it be through vpn? A uk Google account created using vpn? I tried so with free vpn but for Google, the free vpn didn't work, Google is bit clever than other sites :)

I think a payment profile has to be added for the new account with a local credit card, for Google to convert the account to US/Canada/UK.

Hi FMs

I was trying to find how to download for offline mode from Tidal in desktop App. I am surprised that the download option is avialble only in Android/Mac apps only. Is that so or its hidden somewhere that I couldn t find?

Spotify allows to download in Windows app as well.

Can someone help me with this.
I am using Tidal on my Mac mini.
I am confused with the sound settings.
What is system controlled setting??How is it different from selecting the DAC. See attached pic.
Also,what should be the right setting in Audio Midi. should it be 16 bit/44.1. or can use 16/96. what is the difference both setting gives a sound output.When tidal exclusive mode is selected, it select 24/96 by itself and locks it.But no sound output as my DAc does not support it I guess.

Attachments

• tidal.jpg
    tidal.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 33
Back