Time Aligned Interconnect Cables

Gary no need to worry about anything as long as the interactions stay polite and respectful.

With regard to content of this thread (and forum), we would like to clarify that we prefer not to interfere unless there is a violation of the Forum Rules. This doesn't mean that we endorse the contents of the discussion one way or the other. It does bother us a little when the discussions turn a little ridiculous but we hope that good science/engineering and common sense prevails.

Its ok to being wrong and silly in content as long as one is respectful/courteous in intent. The first can be learnt but the other is just bad manners !

Corollary is of course not true :)

Hmmm, I knew there was something, or rather nothing, special about these relentless 57in cables. It seems that just happens to be the length he decided to make or was requested by a customer.

I agree if there was something to this, he would have published it. Just like this 2ghz scope. Yes, he may have owned and used one. But the reasons given on this forum are most likely mis-understandings of what Fulton was actually doing. There is absolutely no musical instrument or speaker that can produce measurable energy at 2ghz. Simply because our 15psi atmosphere won't allow for it. I'm sure we can find other reasons too. Who knows? He may have been working on some RF projects or research?
With regard to the cable issue, it is interesting that the nominal lengths of speaker cables that Fulton sold were 57" (4.75'), 14', 28' and 56'. For some reason Fulton missed 2x57" (9.5'), which the well-known audiophile and Montana potato farmmer has allegedly determined is the best subjectively sounding length for for speaker cables as well as power cords.

With regard to the 2GHz scope issue, the most likely explanation has to do with increased CRT brightness that wider bandwidths ihherently provided. While I am not all that familiar with the history, I suspect that Fulton's purchase of a 1GHz scope predates the availability of wideband storage and high-resolution digital scopes.

With regard to the cable issue, it is interesting that the nominal lengths of speaker cables that Fulton sold were 57" (4.75'), 14', 28' and 56'. For some reason Fulton missed 2x57" (9.5'), which the well-known audiophile and Montana potato farmmer has allegedly determined is the best subjectively sounding length for for speaker cables as well as power cords.

With regard to the 2GHz scope issue, the most likely explanation has to do with increased CRT brightness that wider bandwidths ihherently provided. While I am not all that familiar with the history, I suspect that Fulton's purchase of a 1GHz scope predates the availability of wideband storage and high-resolution digital scopes.
There is a great article below about the development of the first Tektronix 1ghz scope by Charles Moulton in the late 1950s (of later Audionics fame). The scope did not have a vertical amplifier but rather connected the signal of interest directly to the CRT vertical plates. The calibration varied of course with each CRT and was stamped on the front panel. The time base used an RF power tube to get the horizontal bandwidth and the trigger delay was a 2 foot or so wide loop of 5/8 in hard coax!

Enter the caveman - remember when eveything in the 90’s and early 2000’s was “Turbo” and of late, “HD”?

Buzzwords work, however implausible or irrelevant the explanation /usage - i found myself reaching out for a pair of “HD” contact lenses not too long ago.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back