Tonewinner AT 300: 7.3.6 AV processor

What a dirac or a dsp can do is to correct the timing using delays, crossovers, parametric eq settings, levels based on a curve either its a pre-created or a custom. All these values can be fed to the processor as it supports crossover, delay (speaker distance), eq settings (300 supports 11 band manual parametric eq for all channels and 5 for each subs). REW data can be exported to text format and feed those values manually to the processor using these settings. Repeat till you get the desired result. Even a processor with inbuilt Audyssey or Dirac we need to do the same for manual calibration.
Read more about it, you are right.. the EQ filters (out of REW) could be fed manually into ToneWinner.
However I have a feeling that for an average user, just taking care of basic parameters like distance/delay, levels and crossover would suffice.

EQ filters (out of REW) could be fed manually into ToneWinner
This is how manual calibration is done even with other processors and avrs too.

just taking care of basic parameters like distance/delay, levels and crossover would suffice
In the comparison video with marantz 7706 the author was using both without any Eq, still sounding good or at par except for music which I am not after

https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/av-separates/av8805a . This product was around 2 lakhs at burma bazzar 2 weeks back . I had gone to check . Considering that this sells for 2 lakhs at Burma bazzar I am assuming that the product might cost around 1.5 if someone was to hand carry it .
It does have XLR outputs .
Do you have a price for the Trinnov 16 ?
Ok.

We were talking about grey market rates.

If grey then the At300 should cost 50-60k.

Groupbuy at rock bottom price needs only 3 more members to reach the minimum count. Interested members can PM me
Started the whatsapp group and added the confirmed members. However couple of members cant be added as they might have blocked the setting in whatsapp. I have sent separate invite link to their shared number, they can join via that link.

Ok.

We were talking about grey market rates.

If grey then the At300 should cost 50-60k.

With valid Bills and Warrantee, the quote of Rs. 1.06 lakh for a 16 ch pre-pro which appear to be well received by HT enthusiasts is good enough. Especially when 9.2 avrs of known brands are being quoted at par or more.

With valid Bills and Warrantee, the quote of Rs. 1.06 lakh for a 16 ch pre-pro which appear to be well received by HT enthusiasts is good enough. Especially when 9.2 avrs of known brands are being quoted at par or more.
Yes I agree.

My response was more to @yugaaa and his Burma market price context.

Rather than do trial and error why not just buy a Marantz AV pre at Burma bazzar for 2L or get one from Singapore for the same 1.5 lakhs which I think seems a much better way than go for a Chinese AV pre ?
I perfectly agree with you, as it being the safe approach and common sense.

When I bought my OnePlus One, back in 2014, my colleagues criticized me telling me that it won't last a month, when I disclosed to them that it's a Chinese brand.
Same guys were astonished and praised my decision when the OnePlus became an equal brand in a couple of years time.
Tonewinner, as a manufacturer, has been tried and tested by many HT enthusiasts and some outsourcing brands. So I am confident that it's safe.

Even otherwise, if no one jumps into the water, no one will know the depth of the water.

Yes I agree.

My response was more to @yugaaa and his Burma market price context.
Yup.

PS. Group buy thread is not visible. Update is that 07 confirmed. 03 to go.

This gadget promises to do 7.1 channels with 4k @60 at USD 299.
In case you don’t need so many channels and want to spend a fraction of the cost:

In case you don’t need so many channels and want to spend a fraction of the cost:

Its same thing hereScreenshot_20211226-123617.jpg
But it's a different segment.....DECODER not a PRE-PROCESSOR

Its not about the number of channels rather the supported formats esp Atmos, DTSX etc. Most important is the manual calibration options, unless properly calibrated no unit can sound good inside a room. Apart from that the DACs and its quality which makes a big difference in the audio.

Its not about the number of channels rather the supported formats esp Atmos, DTSX etc. Most important is the manual calibration options, unless properly calibrated no unit can sound good inside a room. Apart from that the DACs and its quality which makes a big difference in the audio.
Is it possible to negotiate a similar deal with Emotiva. Costing should be the same ? USD 999 + customs + shipping. That way we get the real gadget with bells and whistles

Is it possible to negotiate a similar deal with Emotiva. Costing should be the same ? USD 999 + customs + shipping. That way we get the real gadget with bells and whistles
Seems you havent checked the spec of the real gadget. FYI, Emotiva's MC1 is a stripped down version than AT300 and there isnt any bell or whistle attached to it unless someone gifts you for New Year.

Last edited:
Seems you havent checked the spec of the real gadget. FYI, Emotiva's MC1 is a stripped down version than AT300 and there isnt any bell or whistle attached to it unless someone gifts you for New Year.
Emotiva’s 13.2 channels + room correction for UD$ 999 sounds good to me. But you might know better. I haven’t studied the AT300 in depth except for 1-2 reviews on YouTube

Emotiva’s 13.2 channels + room correction for UD$ 999 sounds good to me. But you might know better. I haven’t studied the AT300 in depth except for 1-2 reviews on YouTube
Please check the FIRST POST - the specs of AT300 are mentioned.

There are XLR outs in addition to RCA. The processor chips could be higher end than the EMOTIVA

By Jan 1 st week, I call tell , hopefully time will be there.
I don't think so, we are planning to go ahead with the available count for this month itself as there will be time limit for quotations, most probably within 2 days. Only 3 more is left to reach the min order count. We will be going ahead even if we don't reach the count in time. So if you are interested, I wont suggest to wait till Jan

ALL, if anybody want to join the AT300 groupbuy at a huge discount (same as the US price) can PM me

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back