we build 1. 33 Watt push pull EL 34 Tube stereo
2. 8 Watt Single ended EL 34 tube stereo
3. 3.5 Watt Single ended 2A3 tube stereo
4. 28 Watt Single ended 845 tube mono block power amplifier
5. Tube linestage preamplifier-2 models
6. Tube phono preamplifier - under testing

You can demo these at A2V Bangalore
Contact Vinod Thimothy on 99002 95241
he,s the authorised distributer for my products as well as B&W,Martin Logan,NuForce,Rotel,OPPO,Magnepan,Kimber cables and shunyata research.

Rajesh nair
Starc Audio Electronics
mobile 99002 95241

i also build solid state power amplifiers and budget Home theater

Hi, nice to see another "home" tube guy.
We have one in Delhi who also manufactures single driver speakers.
Do you have a website with pics/more details?
Kamal

Thanks Prithvi,it sure does feel nice to be here in this forum.

Last edited:
Hi,
We are manufacturers of Hi end tube amplifiers based in Bangalore

we build 1. 33 Watt push pull EL 34 Tube stereo
2. 8 Watt Single ended EL 34 tube stereo
3. 3.5 Watt Single ended 2A3 tube stereo
4. 28 Watt Single ended 845 tube mono block power amplifier
5. Tube linestage preamplifier-2 models
6. Tube phono preamplifier - under testing

You can demo these at A2V Bangalore
Contact Vinod Thimothy on 99002 95241
he,s the authorised distributer for my products as well as B&W,Martin Logan,NuForce,Rotel,OPPO,Magnepan,Kimber cables and shunyata research.

Rajesh nair
Starc Audio Electronics
mobile 99002 95241

i also build solid state power amplifiers and budget Home theater

Learn from Chinese companies!
Offer us something that is not expensive and sounds good, just like the Chinese do.

Hi,

My sister and brother-in-law auditioned the STARC tube amps at A2V at Bangalore over the weekend and were quite impressed by these devices. They were not really looking for a valve amp, and went there to check out Rotel. They were pleasantly surprised when the person at the showroom connected the valve amp.

My brother-in-law has just started his search for a 3 Lakh stereo. They mostly listen to Hindi (Recent, Old, Ghazals), Rock (Soft, typically old) and other lively music with emphasis on lyrics. They had the following stuff on their list till last week, but it might have changed now:

Primare + ProAc
Cyrus CD + Rotel amp +B&W
Roksan + Monitor Audio
and some more...

We are still looking for dealers for Parasound, Rega and Roksan in Bangalore.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Sharad

Hi Sharad,
I think the Primare is good but may not appeal to some. Some feel its too clinical. I would really recommend the second option. Cyrus CD 6 s or 8X with a rotel and say B&W 704 speakers. I have not heard Pro ac so cant comment but i prefer the 704 to most monitor audio i have heard for faithful music reproduction. I know the Roksan kandy amp is really highly rated but i did not think much of it at all. Apart from the over all sound what really got to me was the disparity in the sound level from the various inputs. The tuner was really loud the cd was ok but with the tape deck i really had to crank the volume. On telling this to the distributor(an old friend) i was told thats its a sweet tonal amp for book shelf speakers and its 120 WPC rating is a myth!!!! (Am referring to the Roksan i tried a year ago, may or may not be the current model seen in all the AV mags.) Since the budget is adequate i would buy the Rotel RC 1070 or RC 1082 pre with the RB 1070 or RB 1080 depending on the power needed and B&W 704 or 805 s speakers with either the Cyrus or Arcam as the CDP.
Regards

In my personal experience, I would any day vouch for Primare + ProAc combo.

Have heard Primare - cd31 + Pre30 + A31.2 connected to the awesome ProAc Studio 140s, I was floored. That was one of the finest sounding gears I have come across till date.

Best Regards.

Last edited:
Hey unleash,
Have not heard the combo u mentioned in ur post. Have heard the primare integrated with the cd31 and totem forrest and it was nice though i cant decide in a 15 minute listening session which it was as the speakers were new and the dealer had them on a damn leash. But wouldn't the Primare pre/power/cd + pro ac be way over 3L(budget mentioned by Sharad). To my mind it would be closer to 5L i think. Would u prefer the pro ac to say the 704 or the 805 s from B&W? I am also looking for a nice integrated amp ,about 100wpc for about 1-1.25L. Any suggestions.
Best regards

Hi dinyaar, Consider Marantz PM-15S1 Reference Integrated Stereo Amplifier which will come to you budget.
Sharad's relative also may consider the Marantz combo PM-15S1 Reference Integrated Stereo Amplifier + SA8001 Super Audio CD Player + B&W 704 or 604.

-Sk

I would like to second "skt". The 15S1 combo from Marantz is an awesome package, not a far cry from 11S1/2 but still wont burn a hole in your pocket.

I would go with the ProAc Studio 140 at this point of time in your budget, but am sure the gear definitely deserves better speakers. If possible you should listen to the ProAc Response 2/2.5 - Simple and elegant.

http://www.proac-loudspeakers.com/datasheets/WHFawards05ProAc.pdf

But if B&W is your favorite brand, then my choice any day will be CM1 for bookshelves and CM7 for floor-stands.

Last edited:
...Have heard the primare integrated with the cd31 and totem forrest and it was nice though i cant decide in a 15 minute listening session which it was as the speakers were new and the dealer had them on a damn leash...

LOL. That?s correct. You can?t judge a setup with such less time, and you shouldn?t also.

In my case, fortunately, the system I mentioned earlier [cd31 + Pre30 + A31.2 connected to the ProAc Studio 140s] is with my in-laws :cool: So you see, I get to enjoy music on a completely relaxed evening with a glass of wine and in the company of a very experienced grey-haired audiophile:)

Thanks unleash_me, skt and Dinyaar.
Just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying this discussion, and soaking it all in :)

What about Cadence and other valve amps? I have read that Parasound matches well with Proac. Has anyone experienced that combination?

Regards,
Sharad

Hey unleash,
All i can say is that u married well!!!!!!!!!! Haha my inlaws were shocked to hear the amount i spent on the cdp, and even more when i said it only plays cds no dvds or vcds to their dismay. Thats the audiofile family for u.

Sharad i hear the cadence are brilliant though i have my reservations about parasound gear. Have heard the (huge) monoblocks with some huge red jamo s and i did not like the presentation. If u decide to not go with solid state amps there are tons of really beautiful products (EAR,JADIS,JoLida, AR etc) which are more involving and expensive too. Am exploring the amp options too to replace my rotel pre/power. The good thing for me (being bombay based) is a home demo of most products should be possible which may be a problem in bangalore. The primare is a good option any case am not too thrilled about the pro acs. I know they are good but they are more on the clinical/ correct side. Difficult for me to explain better.
Regards and do keep us posted on ur journey.

Last edited:
...All i can say is that u married well!!!!!!!!!! Haha my inlaws were shocked to hear the amount i spent on the cdp, and even more when i said it only plays cds no dvds or vcds to their dismay. Thats the audiofile family for u....

LOL.

Well, thats so true. My parents belong to that catogory. They think I'm nuts:rolleyes:

My Recc for what its worth:
1.Cadence Amayas + Cadence Va 1 Tube Amp + Marantz 7001 KI CDP.
2.Cyrus Pre/Power or Cyrus Integrated Amp + Cyrus CDP + ProAc Studio 140 Spkrs.
Both options are within Rs 3 L.
Both combinations auditioned extensively.
Recc are in order of preference.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back