two more subs

manu4panjab

hey brothers

i'm going to get two more polk psw 125 subs

so it make my setup 7.4

you know guys i loooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeee biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg bass:yahoo:

so i'm gonna get two more and dealer told me he give me much more less this time like 16000 each which cost acually 18500 on profx site

so for 36000 more i can get more bass

i tell you later how's my experience with four subs when i get two more

to get better bass, get at least two 15" inch good quality subs. 18" may be even better.
Maybe more forum members can advice better - but you may further break down your freq range between two sets of subs.

Say 80-30 Hz on sub set 1.
30 - 15 Hz on another sub.

But anyways 4 identical subs placed in 4 corners may give you better room response.

You may also try buttkicker or something similar, that shakes your sofa for low freq.

regards

Hi,

4 Subs :eek: ??? man are you serious ?

Am sorry but I had to break the bad news to you !!

First of all whoever said that more subs mean more bass :rolleyes: ??? its not that simple !!

You see the AVR has a fixed level sub out (meaning the voltage is fixed) and its usually around 250Milivolts !! so if you already have two subs this 250 is split into two and hence in essence each sub only gets about 125Mv,now what this implies ?? this means that each sub has to deliver the said RMS Wattage from this Signal Level !! this is impossible as every sub comes with a Min signal level requirement to reproduce the said RMS Watts :p! Usually any decent subs input sensitivity is also 250Mv so as to match the AVR's output !

When you supply it with less then the Min input level then obviously the max output level is also reduced :p! so the said 250Mv signal is split into 4 will make it 62.5Mv which is way way lower then the Min requirement of the sub ! so even at full volume the sub will only give relative output (Relative to supplied input ) which needless to say not the Said RMS watts !

So basically what the above say ?? In laymen's term simple,you will not get the desired SPL level or the combined wattage to blow your mind with 4 subs or even 8 :p !! Its waste of money to do it and I for one will certainly, nor agree neither recommend you to do it !!

If you are not satisfied with the bass from the 2 subs,simply sell them and buy a 15" or 18" high power sub (that too only one number) ;)!!

Regards.

Soundsgreat, though I also think anything more than one good sub is a waste of money, there are lots of guys who may not agree with you.

Multiple subwoofers: If one's good, two are even better | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

The Benefits of Using Multiple Subwoofers

I suppose these can be installed with Bass Manager and/or line level amplifiers before feeding the LFE data to the sub.

Actually multiple subs seems to be gaining popularity. Some manufacturers make a largish enclosure that has two subs in one. I also read somewhere about an experiment where a professional had experimented with upto 30 subs!! Yamaha is actively supporting Point 2 in their amplifiers.

But, yes, our Manu seems to be going overboard with everything.

Cheers

since each of the sub should be a parallel circuit, only current gets divided and each sub should see same voltage - afaik. So splitting shouldn't be an issue imho

regards

since each of the sub should be a parallel circuit, only current gets divided and each sub should see same voltage - afaik. So splitting shouldn't be an issue imho

Anant Need I remind you that this is audio and not electricity ;)? coz only there the parallel circuits work the way you mention :p!! here things are different ! Also what current are we talking bout here ? if the voltage itself is 250Mv then the current ??

In Audio usually when we talk of line level signal its usually in terms of volts and this is not the actual electrical volts ;)!! so you cannot apply the theory of electricity here ;)!

Its the Audio Voltage (I don't know how to put in laymen's term),its the signal level from peak to peak of a sine wave of a audio signal :p!

if you or anyone has a doubt,just try to keep the volume same of both the subs (or multiple) and unplug one (or the rest but one) subs input ;) if the sound level of the other sub doesn't increase please come back to me :eek:hyeah: !

If even after all this one wants to go ahead then be my guest :indifferent14:!!

Regards.

Last edited:
hey brothers

i'm going to get two more polk psw 125 subs

so it make my setup 7.4

you know guys i loooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeee biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggg bass:yahoo:

so i'm gonna get two more and dealer told me he give me much more less this time like 16000 each which cost acually 18500 on profx site

so for 36000 more i can get more bass

i tell you later how's my experience with four subs when i get two more

Spend money wisely my friend. And at this rate you will have no more space in your room:lol: Moreover, I think your priority should be a better AVR?

@manu4panjab - Sounds crazy my brother. Why not invest in good movies? Maybe you are lacking the punch because you're not watching the right movies in DTS and Dolby Digital? Quite a few of the DVDs are in 2.0. Just increasing the number of speakers is not going to get the job done. Quite a few on this forum are happy with a 2.0 setup for movies instead of a 5.1 setup.

To validate your point, I will have to be Manu's guest.. and I will be your guest when I come to b'lore :)

Did you get my email?

Anant Need I remind you that this is audio and not electricity ;)? coz only there the parallel circuits work the way you mention :p!! here things are different ! Also what current are we talking bout here ? if the voltage itself is 250Mv then the current ??

In Audio usually when we talk of line level signal its usually in terms of volts and this is not the actual electrical volts ;)!! so you cannot apply the theory of electricity here ;)!

Its the Audio Voltage (I don't know how to put in laymen's term),its the signal level from peak to peak of a sine wave of a audio signal :p!

if you or anyone has a doubt,just try to keep the volume same of both the subs (or multiple) and unplug one (or the rest but one) subs input ;) if the sound level of the other sub doesn't increase please come back to me :eek:hyeah: !

If even after all this one wants to go ahead then be my guest :indifferent14:!!

Regards.

Lets ask Vinay for his opinion.
Vinay has arguably one of the top five Home theaters in India, as per AV Max.
More is not necessarily better-a well designed & executed 5.1 HT would always work out better than just a multiple collection of components

hey brothers

thanks for all your replies

but if you guys say 15 or 18 inch subs are better then which are the companies who sell them and at what price

and do you guys heard about jl audio they make very great subs but pricey too i guess do you guys know here can we buy jl audio in india

and also do you heard about epik conquest 18 inch sub can you guys tell me any option for 15 or 18 inch subs available in india :clapping:

@manu4panjab - Sounds crazy my brother. Why not invest in good movies? Maybe you are lacking the punch because you're not watching the right movies in DTS and Dolby Digital? Quite a few of the DVDs are in 2.0. Just increasing the number of speakers is not going to get the job done. Quite a few on this forum are happy with a 2.0 setup for movies instead of a 5.1 setup.

no no bro i have watched 5.1 movies and also brrip english movies which i download from internet with great 5.1 audio so there's no way i use bad movies :)

Spend money wisely my friend. And at this rate you will have no more space in your room:lol: Moreover, I think your priority should be a better AVR?

hey bro you are right about av receiver i'm still using that av receiver which comes with onkyo 5100 so i guess that may be my other problem

Soundsgreat, though I also think anything more than one good sub is a waste of money, there are lots of guys who may not agree with you.

Multiple subwoofers: If one's good, two are even better | The Audiophiliac - CNET News

The Benefits of Using Multiple Subwoofers

I suppose these can be installed with Bass Manager and/or line level amplifiers before feeding the LFE data to the sub.

Actually multiple subs seems to be gaining popularity. Some manufacturers make a largish enclosure that has two subs in one. I also read somewhere about an experiment where a professional had experimented with upto 30 subs!! Yamaha is actively supporting Point 2 in their amplifiers.

But, yes, our Manu seems to be going overboard with everything.

Cheers

thnaks venkat:clapping:

and for multiple subs i tell you what my situation is
when i have one sub before sub seems to come from right side where it usually sits and thats quit troublesome like when you watching movie or gplaying game when bass hits it makes it attention towards itself and also sub is only heard more on one seat where i sit and on other seats or other place of room sub is somewhere very very much,somwhere very boomy or somewhere very much less but when i add 2nd sub it's much more unifoirm and subs in know in the plane of centre speakers like it comes from all front speakers not at particular spot and also now i can heard uniform bass at all seats

Look for balance between bass / mid and high. Excessive bass will result in a loss of defination and listening fatigue especially if the volume of your room is not too big.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back