Urgent help needed in buying a 5.1.2 Dolby Atmos set up in a budget of 80k.

The suggestions are purely based on the personal experiences and budget flexiblity of the OP i would believe. Putting in my personal experience , when in 2016 i was looking for my first decent HT system with AVR + 5.1 setup , I started with a budget of 40-45k and had auditioned the 3072 which did not excite me during the audition and I decided to visit Profx. There I auditioned the Polk TL1600 + Yamaha AVR setup which sounded heavenly.

Recently when i auditioned a few bookshelfs and saw what they are capable of i ended up upgrading my setup and noticed a Day&Night difference in the surround environment capabilities. Others would have probably experienced the same moving from a Taga 606 to a Elac/QAcoustics based setup and hence are recommending the same. If you have the flexibility its always better to go for whatever you can commit to at the moment and then get other items in future but if you are hard on the fact you dont want to cross 1 lakh for next 3 years then it makes sense to go for the best available options in that budget.

For your above scenario Taga 606 certainly would sound like a definite upgrade over the HT3072 , never heard soundbars till date so wont comment.

After reading so many comments i understood that there is no limit for this Home theater system bug.

After following this forum from past 7~8 months, today i purchased yamaha avr rx-585 with polk 1600 5.1 speakers from local shop for 77K. Not purchased atmos speakers as my budget is already crossee. I am new to av receiver concept, requested for installation support.

After reading so many comments i understood that there is no limit for this Home theater system bug.

After following this forum from past 7~8 months, today i purchased yamaha avr rx-585 with polk 1600 5.1 speakers from local shop for 77K. Not purchased atmos speakers as my budget is already crossee. I am new to av receiver concept, requested for installation support.
Great. Congrats man. Do let us know about your impressions. Might be a good starting point for me.

Congratulations @murali_reddy219 that is a very good setup you got for yourself. Good luck setting it up and enjoying it. :)

I have the same v585 which I bought last year. Doing a great job. That AVR can drive next level of speakers as well. I did a quick review of that AVR here :

I already viewed all your videos on RX-V585 before deciding. Very Good set up and review is nice. My budget didn't allow to spend more on the speakers. Till date , i am using the traditional Philips HTIB which i bought in 2011.

Earlier I auditioned Onkyo HTIBs before covid. I was zeroed on Onkyo HT-S5910 but after reading comments of few members in this forum, decided to go with separate AVR and speakers.

Due to Covid condition, I didn't audition the conmbo. Just depended on the user reviews and the brand. Hopefully the setup will be good in that budget.

Last edited:
I already viewed all your videos on RX-V585 before deciding. Very Good set up and review is nice. My budget didn't allow to spend more on the speakers. Till date , i am using the traditional Philips HTIB which i bought in 2011.

Earlier I auditioned Onkyo HTIBs before covid. I was zeroed on Onkyo HT-S5910 but after reading comments of few members in this forum, decide to go separate with AVR and speakers.

Due to Covid condition, I didn't audition the conmbo. Just depend on the use reviews and the brand. Hopefully the setup will be good in that budget.
How was the onkyo setup you auditioned? I was getting quotes of 50k for that i think.

my suggestion would be get yamaha v585/denon x2600h for 55k and taga harmony 606 se 5.0 speakers for 40k and if you feel/extend budget, get a yamaha ns300 sub. that will serve you more than enough if you are not bitten by HT bug

Last edited:

Earlier I auditioned Onkyo HTIBs before covid. I was zeroed on Onkyo HT-S5910 but after reading comments of few members in this forum, decided to go with separate AVR and speakers.

Due to Covid condition, I didn't audition the conmbo. Just depended on the user reviews and the brand. Hopefully the setup will be good in that budget.

Oh trust me it will be a huge upgrade. The Polk TL1600 punch much above their size , they are room filling for medium sized rooms and are really good for movies. On the music side i liked them initially but slowly started understanding the areas they lack finnesse once I got the Marshall Stanmore.

How was the onkyo setup you auditioned? I was getting quotes of 50k for that i think.
I auditioned HTS-9800, 5910 and 7800. They played Mad Max: Fury Road and some youtube videos. I was mainly looking for watching movies, so I did not check any music content. As I am newbie, I felt sound quality is good in all 3. I remember 5910 has less bass.

I think those are passive subwoofers. Some one in this forum commented like we cannot change subwoofer in future if the AVR is not supporting active speakers. Deal wise 50K is very good deal for 5910 mode, it has height speakers(for atmos) integrated in the front speakers itself.

Oh trust me it will be a huge upgrade. The Polk TL1600 punch much above their size , they are room filling for medium sized rooms and are really good for movies. On the music side i liked them initially but slowly started understanding the areas they lack finnesse once I got the Marshall Stanmore.
Okay, then it is fine with the combo.

I have few doubts.
1. During house construction(1 yr back) , Havells speaker wiring is done(twin flat 2 core 1.5 sqmm). Is tat enough for surround speakers? or need to buy new one? (https://www.havells.com/en/consumer...s/100-mtr/twin-flat-speaker-cables-2x1-5.html)

2. Does the AVR works on inverter incase power is gone?. On the Polk Speakers box, it is mentioned like "Warranty is void if non sine wave inverters are used"
I have zelio 1100 sin wave inverter.

Have increased the budget to 1 lakh.
This is the present research that I have done and collated these options,
please go through them and let me know which combo works the best and if you have any new additions to it.

1) Receivers :

Yamaha RX-V585 7.2 atmos 80 watts 48,750 oober pad
Pioneer VSX-834 7.2 atmos 155 watts ₹39,120 hifimart
DENON AVR-X1500H 7.2 atmos 80 watts ₹39,999 hifimart
PIONEER VSX-933 AVR 7.2 atmos 135 watts 51,000 revolver club
Denon AVR-X2400H 7.2 atmos 125 watts 49,999 hifimart
Pioneer VSX-934 7.2 atmos 160 watts ₹46,320 hifimart

2) Speaker sets :

Polk Audio T50 Fusion Speaker Set : 42,900 audiomaxx
Front Speaker 150W
Center Speaker 100W
Surround Speaker 150W

Pioneer S-RS88TB tower : 32,215 oober pad
Front Speaker 150W
Center Speaker 120W
Surround Speaker 120W

taga Harmony TAV-606 V.3 30,000 hifimart
Front Speaker 20-120W
Center Speaker 20-100W
Surround Speaker 20-100W

Pure Acoustics Spark - Speaker Package 42,000.00 avstore
Front Speaker 200W
Center Speaker 140W
Surround Speaker 140W

3) Standing speakers :

Yamaha NS-8390 70 W - 220 W 18,889 oober pad
Polk Audio T50 60 rms 150w peak 22,500 avstore

4) center speaker :

Polk Audio TL2 Blackstone 125w 9,900 audiomaxx
Polk Audio T3 100w 9,500 avstore
Wharfedale Atlantic GE 150 w 9,750 hifimart
Taga Harmony PLATINUM C-90 SL 120w hifimart

5) Surround speakers :

Polk Audio T15 20 watts → 100 watts 10,000 avstore
JBL C1PRO Control One Pro 11,000 audiomaxx
TAGA Harmony TAV-806S 8,720 hifimart

6) Sub woofer :

Yamaha NS-SW050 Active Subwoofer 8 Inch 50 W rms 11,599 avstore
Yamaha NS-SW100 10 inch 17,499 avstore
Polk Audio DSW PRO 440wi 180-watt 21,900 audiomaxx
Polk Audio PSW-10 50-watt RMS 17,499

7) Atmos speakers :

The JBL Arena 6IC 80 watts RMS 12,000 avstore
Polk Audio RC60i. 20-100 Watts 13,9000 audiomaxx
Klipsch CS16C-II 40w Rms / 160w Peak 13,700 audiomaxx
Deeraj,

Just one quick note. Most of the AVR manufacturer won't give a right rating of how much you get when you load all 7 speakers loaded. Esp. if you look at the Pioneer, they just showed that 160/155W etc. which just nothing but a 1 KHz white noise sent with 10% THD and 1 channel driven. So, please take in to that consideration. Esp. when you go for budget AVR, they don't give provision for pre-amp also.. Please look out for at least 80 - 100W with 2 channel driven at 8 Ohms..

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back