**urgent** pls help.....

Hi Pekri,

Now it seems that the door is in the corner. Good for your set up!!!

Can you indicate where are the windows???

The width of the room does not appear much but good enough to fix a screen. Lets see the roof coming up soon!!!

The room structure for a theatre is excellent, i must salute you for having no window, and the mother of a beauty is that there can not be scope in future also to have a window. :yahoo:

With me and my good friend Santosh what happens is that on a sly we have scope to have a window, ;) for me you are a king, :licklips: no scope for a window, this is what a real passion is, going very near to a theatre feel, again a lot of congratulations to you for this bold and brave step :clapping:. I used to tell Santosh so much that please do not have the window, but for reasons he wanted to have, but at a much later date he realized that what i am saying is right, and he saw to it that the window got vanished. :cheers:

We as members will always have something or the other to learn from each other keeping in mind that some of us understand the game to quite a extent as we have gone through in making a private mini theatre. :)

I think that the width of room size is less, so screen size will be small but which in-directly will be okay if the room length is also not large enough. Ideally the room width should be 15/20 feet, and length around 25/30 feet.

V.

Last edited:
In my case i have tried to deal with professionals on making a home theatre, my experience has been horrible. :sad:

There are so many members over here who have great knowledge and can help each other in making of a theatre which in-directly shall mean that a professional can be beaten down to the core compared to ideas or solutions which we as members can offer that too for free but among the tragedies is that when members benefit from us, they very often hesitate to say thank you or appreciate the efforts we put in and at times are not at all grateful, while there are other set of members, who will seek all the advice and then just vanish, they will never or rarely help others, the world end's with the drop of seeding, moral of the story is simple, if you seek help from members, then i think you have to help others. :sad:

V.

contact Raghu from Decible he is the best in the city...... Decibel Contact: R N Raghunath Mob. No. 9940672834 he is the best in the city ..... Cheers !!!!!

Last edited:
In recent times the rains are creating new records of disaster, so please see to it that there are enough holes for the water to have a free out flow because with great ease water can enter your theatre in case of huge down pours. Furthermore during rainy seasons regularly check if there is no blockage for the water to flow out.

V.

thank you for your advice vinay,its really make me happy bcoz i don have any support from my parents:(.your message really motivates me.llsend the drawing picture of my sound proof as well as interior design.pls advice if you want to say or change.cheers!.

thank you for your advice vinay,its really make me happy bcoz i don have any support from my parents:(.your message really motivates me.llsend the drawing picture of my sound proof as well as interior design.pls advice if you want to say or change.cheers!.

Dont worry after you complete the setup they will be sitting in first row. :lol:

hi vinay,i saw all pictures of your HT..man you are great!seriously.you would have spent more time for this completion.can i ask something?i can see only one sofa in your HT ie you are the only one using that expensive HT?ah dont say yes.....dude can you tell me where did you purchase those accessories (receiver stands and lights)can you gimme your yahoo id?so we can chat sometimes about this pls.

It gives me joy that my advice is helping you. :signthankspin:

I too have not had any support from my family or others :indifferent14:, still i went ahead with full throttle because i will do things which i believe in, for me moral of the story is simple please do not care for anyone, especially respective females of the house because generally they are the one's who will not allow you to make something like a dedicated entertainment room, having said that, if they also want to do something which is of great interest to them, they too should be surely allowed on fair grounds.

V.

thank you for your advice vinay,its really make me happy bcoz i don have any support from my parents:(.your message really motivates me.

Last edited:
It took me more then a year to complete my mini theatre because there was no help from any interior guy, i have done all myself with help of carpenters and related, it took so long because many a times there were problems which were not getting solved for 2 weeks or so laced with other routine problems, at no stage i tried to hurry up or feel frustrated though at times the delay did get on my nerve but soon i was in focus to get things right, i feel sad when some of them are trying to hurry up even at the cost of not proper solutions etc keeping in mind that such a project could be once a life time.

The sitting which you are seeing is a recliner and not a sofa, it is a product of Stanley's who are world leaders in such home theatre recliners, they are very expensive but the power in terms of looks, material, comfort level, and in-direct health benefits are larger then the expensive point, so it does become a strong worth buy for me.

The receiver stands look very attractive and are more like tailor made which were bought locally after a lot of hunting around, having said that santosh also has good stand to keep the gears.

The lights are very expensive especially the four small chandeliers and the hanging fan type of lights, these are all imported from Europe. The chandelier's cost is Rs.36,000/- while the fan type lights are costing Rs.75,000/-.

About your drawings i am not able to understand much, other members are likely to understand better. :sad:

V.

hi vinay,i saw all pictures of your HT..man you are great!seriously.you would have spent more time for this completion.can i ask something?i can see only one sofa in your HT ie you are the only one using that expensive HT?ah dont say yes.....dude can you tell me where did you purchase those accessories (receiver stands and lights)can you gimme your yahoo id?so we can chat sometimes about this pls.

Last edited:
well... cheap thrills are indeed possible at this budget guys.
add a data projector dlp type.. 35-45k, for screen, use flex from hoarding printers.. totally blackened out on one side.(get black print done at the printers end.) this is washable and cheap... 4-500 for 6*10 screen. and gives 70-80% of the expensive ones.
use a generic dvd player from sony/philips/lg anything.
good 5.1 with avr can be yours for 35-50 k. especially good deals await during diwali seasons.
this setup wud be basic cost 1L... add generic cables, interiors etc as per taste and budget.
lastly do not skimp on two things.....
1. good quality source materials, not that 5 in 1 dvd.
2. room acoustics. if ur room aint proper rectangle.... spend only 20% of ur planned budget.
upgrade later

lastly, everytime u use this setup, remind urself, digital stuff at todays budget level is much better than most extremeenders 10 yrs back, high enders 5 yrs back.
do upgrade only when u can hear and see the difference between stuffs, but try to mature urself by analysing and discussions.

Last edited:
ok vinay,nice informations fro you.our interior started the work now.
Flooring:wooden flooring and covered with carpet.
soundproof:doing by sathyam theatre engineer
sound system:Q Acoustics and receiver is denon 1910 and i have ps3 for blueray
sofa:three seaters plus 2.
two cuboards side by side to the screen.
lightings: still serachin in chennai for sensor detective lights.

Please be assured that wooden flooring is a wrong step, carpet is the best way to go forward, that too wall to wall.

In order to comment on seating arrangement, the room dimensions will be?

Santosh has got good light arrangements, please check with him, if the need arises you can always buy from Banglore with his guidance.

On the other hand there are other works which you have to take care, which shall be about wiring's, cable arrangements of the audio and video gears, ceiling, at which point to place projector, etc and importantly please see to it that there are enough electrical points so that you do not have to use extension boards.

Since you are at a very crucial stage, it will be be better if you consider to visit some forum members and see their work even if that means travelling to other cites for better live inputs.

V.

I am sure you will have to return the wood :sad: as there is virtually no point in having a wooden flooring in such a wonderful windowless room and most importantly please be guided that even if the wooden flooring was required, this was the worst time to do this installation because you have a lot of work to be done on wiring's, cables, concealing etc as said in my earlier posts and not to forget the ceiling and acoustic works, it is only after these and some other small works wooden flooring work should have been done.

In your case how the wood has already come, in my case too some things i had bought, and then i realized that this is not the way it should be, i had no choice but to deal the situation with steel nerve and correct the error even at the cost of making a loss etc.

I hope you will not install a television in this room, as this will be quite a blunder.

While please be advised that your post # 26 link is not working.

V.

@prekri1980
Congrats on your project, good to see your progress so far:). I came across your thread yesterday though it had been started long time back. You may want to ask mods to move your threads to Room Treatment and Acoustics section as you may get more attention there than in the speakers section.

Stay away from wooden flooring. Even I was considering wooden flooring and later on found too many problems with it (atleast in India). I went in for a budget carpet for now, will add another carpet on top of it later on. Here is what I found out after speaking to some experienced professionals in the field:

• The floor has to be absolutely flat, any irregularities will lead to a hollow cavity beneath which will creek every time you walk on it.
  • Wood(even the treated ready to use wooden flooring) expands and contracts with changes in temperature. If the room is to be used with A/C, the flooring also has to be installed with A/C on so the fitting is perfect. When the A/C is switched off, the floors return to its original size/position. I am not kidding, this is the case with even brands atleast in India. You are bound to have more issues because of Chennai temperature.

Abroad, people use real wood flooring, primary reason being acoustics. They build a cavity and fill it with fiber glass wool for sound proofing and Low Frequency Management. Some also make a suspended wooden flooring to eliminate structural vibrations. If you are trying to any of these, they you may want to use real wood. The wooden flooring that are available in the market today are not even real wood most of the time.

Vinay also has a point about the timing. Have you finished your electrical/cable conduits? If you haven't do that first. Take top down approach. Finish your ceiling first, walls next and flooring last. Two practical reasons for this are:
  • Any civil work will have irregularities. Since the false\acoustic ceiling has to be installed with a Spirit Level, you will get a leveled surface to begin your wall panels/acoustic treatment. Any irregularities in size/shape can be adjusted at the floor level by filling more concrete/thick carpet etc.
  • No matter how careful you are, workers will damage material, flooring etc by dirtying it or by breaking it. By doing the top down approach, you reduce the risk of material damage.

I have not been able to write as much as I want to on your thread due to work, but have lots to share with you from my Home Theater Build experience. Please PM me your number and we can have a chat on this sometime.

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back