**urgent** pls help.....

prekri1980

Hi friends,past two weeks only am visiting this helpful thread(i was searcing like this thread for long time),now am going to build a home theatre (roof) and my room size is 22*14...by the next step i approached an interior designer for accoustic fixation as well as speakers arrangement..after he was taking the measurements he gave the qotation.I was shocked to see that,let me give the details and pls friends check it whether its worth or not....

23042010615.jpg

23042010616.jpg plssss give ans ideas abt starting home theatre,thank you.:sad:

1.optoma HD 67 home theatre pojector :1,02,200
2.Jamo A340 audio system 7.1 concept :1,35,800
3.jamo sub woofer 350 :39,000
4.Denon AVR 2310 digital AV receiver systm :55,000
5.Braun high gain screen 8*6 :18,000
6.pioneer dvd :9,400

total :4,16,800(inc tax)

Hi,

The projector, pioneer DVD (which model??) and Jamo seems to be on the higher side.

The price quoted for Denon 2310 and woofer seems reasonable.

You can look at:
Optoma HD65 - at around 60-65K
Denon 1910 - at 40K
Pioneer DV-420 - at 6.5 to 7K

The rest you can search for the forum, at least there are 10 individual threads containing discussions about the cost of Denon 1910 and wharfedales 9 and 10. IF you can't afford all of them, go on an incremental basis.

Cheers!

Hi friends,past two weeks only am visiting this helpful thread(i was searcing like this thread for long time),now am going to build a home theatre (roof) and my room size is 22*14...by the next step i approached an interior designer for accoustic fixation as well as speakers arrangement..after he was taking the measurements he gave the qotation.I was shocked to see that,let me give the details and pls friends check it whether its worth or not....

View attachment 2207

View attachment 2208 plssss give ans ideas abt starting home theatre,thank you.:sad:

Sir
if you dont mind my asking, why dont you go to a HT dealer by taking recommendations on this website or through friends? Interior decorators arent experts on HT. Your local dealer is bound to know much more about it than your decorator. You can still take your ID along to see whether he thinks it will go with the room/installation, etc

cheers
Sridhar

Mridul, Sridhar help out....I think the OP is being fleeced big time.

+1 +2 +3 to Odyssey...

Now, buddy, do you mean you want the 5.1 System, Amplifier, Cables and Accessories with Projector and Screen in Rs.1Lakh....is it...??

hi .........why dont you spent some time for auditions this weekend.......chennai is the best place for hifi products...............lots many options and dealers.
.......there are lot many better options available compared to you have in your hand.

no mister mirdul,i already bought epson projector....

Wow... Mister...sounds nice..LOL...

Bro, you can Audition the following :
1). Q Acoustics 2000 Series with Floor Standers = Rs.89650 MRP 5.1 Package
Amplifier - Denon 1910 - Rs.45,000
QED Spkr Cables - Rs.5400
HDMI - Rs.3,000
2). Q Acoustics 1000 Series with Floor Standers = Rs.84,000 MRP 5.1 Package
Rest Same
3). Q Acoustics Demo Products Deal = Rs.65,250 (1050i, 1020i, 1000ci & 1000si)
Amplifier - Denon 1910 - Rs.45,000
50mtr QED Spkr Cable + 3mtr HDMI Cable included...

I think the Option 3 will suit your budget, as you can get some discount on Denon-1910 from market...

Apart from Q Acoustics, you should audition Wharfedale, Monitor Audio, Quad (on a bit higher side, but good)...

ok guys,am starting my civil work next monday ,and i will post some pics till i finish my dream home theatre.pls share ur ideas for interior.thank you.

guys,am very confused today...today i went to jamo speakers shop in chennai,already they were waiting for me for theater demo.After all the demos am not satisfied..i felt that chillness is missing..ater that i went to BOSE showroom..it was awesome guys,but the problem is the price.So pls guys help me with this?is there any other option for 350 sq.feet room?thanks alot.

guys,am very confused today...today i went to jamo speakers shop in chennai,already they were waiting for me for theater demo.After all the demos am not satisfied..i felt that chillness is missing..ater that i went to BOSE showroom..it was awesome guys,but the problem is the price.So pls guys help me with this?is there any other option for 350 sq.feet room?thanks alot.

Uhhhh! Faint ! ;)

I seriously recommend you to visit few full blown dedicated HT owners of this forum....and make your own notes.....most of the such owners here have Jamo...and you say Bose got more chillness than Jamo...Oh man...we have Jamo King, Jamo Emperor, Jamo Senapati onboard this forum....do not pull your trigger on Bose until you visit few friends' places in Chennai. Please contact Venkatcr, he is our mod with great knowledge....PM him and am sure you'll get enough assistance.

Btw...what Epson model did you get? can you post details about pricing and place you got it?

pls close your eyes and eliminate stuff that's not good sound quality, but just perception.
Remove the sweet talking executives from your mind.
Get rid of great lighting and showroom decoration.
From your mind, try and get off any nice lady in short skirt that welcomed you to the showroom.
I know it is hard, but these won't come and stay at your house. Only your music system will stay with you.
Also consider the room sizes in which you were given the demo. Are they close to your own room? I have seen Bose showroom at GIP mall with a demo area so small and narrow that doesn't match even the smallest living room.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back