Vinyl I am listening to...

Whenever a lp skips,I try to change the cartridge and I find no skipping.
I have technic turn table .I purchased 3 headshells.
At 440 mlb ,shure 97xe,mp10 on respective shells.
I find shure and mp10 to be more skip froof.
The heavier low compliance cartridges track better on such LPs. My Denon carts (DL-102, 103) hardly ever skip and there is very little surface noise, while the high compliance light weight Ortofon carts are very sensitive (both in a good and bad way).

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

R-1163882-1512630287-6017.jpeg.jpg

Beautiful recording...

jazz at pawnshop is classic and probably best jazz album ever made. How is SQ, if digital source pressing then no point, flac 192/24 can be easily downloaded.

I have the flac, and found the LP to be better. It could be the case of my turntable cartridge out performing my DAC.

jazz at pawnshop is classic and probably best jazz album ever made. How is SQ, if digital source pressing then no point, flac 192/24 can be easily downloaded.
How do we know the source of LP pressing is digital or not (except it is mentioned as digitally remastered or electorincaly processed)? Is there any online shop which sells only analogue source pressed LPs?

Sometimes written on cover, or if we already have an LP a good audiophile must be able to tell. Warmth is a synonym for "analog-sounding" and brightness is a synonym for "digital-sounding". Depth and warmth with anolog adds emotional feel to music, that may be because of mid range emphasis or otherwise, I do not know why is that.

if digital source is a CD and not an 192/24, then we can easily recognise the source

Sometimes written on cover, or if we already have an LP a good audiophile must be able to tell. Warmth is a synonym for "analog-sounding" and brightness is a synonym for "digital-sounding". Depth and warmth with anolog adds emotional feel to music, that may be because of mid range emphasis or otherwise, I do not know why is that.

if digital source is a CD and not an 192/24, then we can easily recognise the source
That is only after buying the LP. I was trying to understand is there a way to avoid buying LP if the master is digital. Some online sites mentions as analogue master.

81EZun4WycL._SL1500_.jpg

Better pressing than I had expected. The voices came out well, and the bass was controlled & tight. Song to listen for "Pyar Ye Jaane Kaisa hai".

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi

Last edited:
81EZun4WycL._SL1500_.jpg

Better pressing than I had expected. The voices came out well, and the bass was controlled & tight. Song to listen for "Pyar Ye Jaane Kaisa hai".

Regards,
Sharad Medhavi
Dear Sharad,
The reply will seem to be out of place but I noticed DBX234XSV to be in your music armamotarium.May I ask how are you using this? and for waht purpose?
And yes like you I also enjoyed Rangeela on Vinyl.

Dear Sharad,
The reply will seem to be out of place but I noticed DBX234XSV to be in your music armamotarium.May I ask how are you using this? and for waht purpose?
And yes like you I also enjoyed Rangeela on Vinyl.
I answered it in the right thread: https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...dly-and-negative-waf.69035/page-2#post-759616
This configuration & flexibility allows me to enjoy the above new LPs pressings even more. Some LPs have too much bass (like Dil Se), while most others are too bright, but I can adjust the balance to some extent.

-Sharad

Recent LPs released by TIPS does not have the print display of "Digitally Remastered" . Does it means that the source is not digital.

Regards,pakecc

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar – Sony DADC Vinyl
Release: Sony DADC Vinyl (2017) - S6710S00030 Rs.1649.00

A physical original music copy of this album is hard to find. An ACD or original LP of this album is a prized possession indeed. Recently it is been re-released in LP record (vinyl) format by Sony DADC in India. So thought not to wait endlessly for the “originals” and took plunge on this new re-release vinyl.
Since I don’t have the “originals”, cannot compare them with this new release, but overall found this Sony DADC vinyl sounds great and really a nice album to listen without skipping a single track.
If you do not possess the ACD or the original HMV LP of this album and have a TT setup, you can go for this vinyl without any regrets!

A vinyl rip of “Pehla Nasha” track from this Sony DADC vinyl release:
A Vinyl Rip (SONY DADC Release) - "Pehla Nasha" - Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar

Regards,
Swapan Das

Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar – Sony DADC Vinyl
Release: Sony DADC Vinyl (2017) - S6710S00030 Rs.1649.00

A physical original music copy of this album is hard to find. An ACD or original LP of this album is a prized possession indeed. Recently it is been re-released in LP record (vinyl) format by Sony DADC in India. So thought not to wait endlessly for the “originals” and took plunge on this new re-release vinyl.
Since I don’t have the “originals”, cannot compare them with this new release, but overall found this Sony DADC vinyl sounds great and really a nice album to listen without skipping a single track.
If you do not possess the ACD or the original HMV LP of this album and have a TT setup, you can go for this vinyl without any regrets!

A vinyl rip of “Pehla Nasha” track from this Sony DADC vinyl release:
A Vinyl Rip (SONY DADC Release) - "Pehla Nasha" - Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar

Regards,
Swapan Das

+1 regarding quality of new JJWS record. I'll go one step further to assert that compared to original HMV record, the new vinyl sounds way better. Anyone who missed the HMV nipper release, can blindly buy the new record. It's better in all aspect from vinyl quality, weight and sound. Only drawback being the pixelled cover picture.

Regards,
Bhaskar

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back