Vinyl I am listening to...

Does this song end like crossfade kind? I mean like before the song finishes its stopped slowly

Zameen Aasman LP. Released in 1984. Songs are in sync with Sanjay Datt's appearance and gesture. Aisa Sama Na Hota by Lata Mangeshkar is a gem... The prelude always takes me to lush green valley and visualize shepherds blowing on flute..

View attachment 27387

Dire Straits tonight --

Dire Straits - Making Movies.

I cant praise this album enough...Pardon my pun but the track Romeo and Juliet is to die for.

R-382415-1443362025-1957.jpeg.jpg

I was listening to the album Disco Deewane by Nazia Hassan. I got this record handed down by my aunt from her old collection. This album was released in 1981. Cleaned the record and listened to it, sounded very good. 80's feel.

Are these Vinyl/LP/gramophone/turntables use same records and are interchangeable? I think the rpm of records is a criteria though, may be the player should support the specific rpm used while recording the content and should play on the same speed, otherwise the technology used behind the records of all these players same? Can I think an old gramophone record playable on a modern turntable?

Are these Vinyl/LP/gramophone/turntables use same records and are interchangeable? I think the rpm of records is a criteria though, may be the player should support the specific rpm used while recording the content and should play on the same speed, otherwise the technology used behind the records of all these players same? Can I think an old gramophone record playable on a modern turntable?

Yes, as long as the player can play the record at the right speed - 33 1/3, 78 rpm etc, records and turntables are interchangeable. Some old turntables from 80's 90's and earlier can and do sound better than the newer ones, as long as they are kept well.

I was listening to the album Disco Deewane by Nazia Hassan. I got this record handed down by my aunt from her old collection. This album was released in 1981. Cleaned the record and listened to it, sounded very good. 80's feel.
That brings back memories. We had this Record. It came after the success of Qurbani Songs. 'Star' Movie probably came after this. 'Star' was an absolute fail at box offices, but songs were popular.
What a lovely voice Nazia Hassan has. Ignore the disco music if you like. But voice is lovely.

Well sad things happen. Nazia Hassan died of cancer. Rajkiran was admitted to mental asylum, Rati Agnihotri is coping with failed marriage. Such is life.

Last edited:
This record sounds just so amazingly clear, crisp and alive! - as if Dusty could pop out the speakers any time

Dusty Springfield - Dusty in Memphis

R-608995-1289251145.jpeg.jpg

Weekend listening

MACK THE KNIFE

MACK_THE_KNIFE.jpg

MEMORIES OF VIENNA

MEMORIES_OF_V.jpg

DOWN DRURY LANE
DOWN_DRURY_LANE.jpg

COMPLETE SLAVONIC DANCES - This comes in a box consists of three vinyl and a book let etc

COMPLETE_SLAVONIC_DANCES.jpg

COMPLETE_SLAVONIC_DANCES_PAM.jpg

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back